Any idea how skullknight knew the name of DS?

Skullknight mention about "Your Dragon Slaying Sword can pierce through" when Guts was being held by Slan.

Just curious, how did he know that name of the sword?

Maybe SK eavedrop when Godot told Rickert about the origin of the sword? :SK:

I'm not completely sure but I don't think he says anything about "dragon slaying", if I recall correctly he comments on countless demons/ghosts/enemies Guts has slain with it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Skullknight mention about "Your Dragon Slaying Sword can pierce through" when Guts was being held by Slan.

Vlad is right. He never said that. We have translations available, I suggest you check them before posting next time. That line translates as: "With that sword of yours, it's possible. It has been forged by the deaths of many hundred and thousands of malicious beings."

for those who understand chinese... Guess it did mention about the Dragon Slaying Sword (As highlighted in RED)

scan2.jpg

On a side note, I also realised something funny about this translated page

scans.jpg

Its say

Slann - Show it to me, the one who resist fate, Use your strong body to hug me tight

Slann - Can't be done? Just a human

Slann - If that the case...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Did you ever consider that perhaps the Chinese translation was simply worded differently? You should really be asking for confirmation that it actually says that in the original Japanese, not hypothesizing based on a secondhand source.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Did you ever consider that perhaps the Chinese translation was simply worded differently?

Yes, Smith is aware that his Chinese translation is simply wrong on that point, I've already told him so privately. I think he wanted to post the picture so that it could be shown the actual Chinese translation is erroneous. Hopefully now we can lay this thread to rest.

Top Bottom