POTENTIAL EVIDENCE: Skully = Apostle

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I was browsing through volume 9, which has the first appearance of Skull Knight, and I noticed a VERY strange panel that i had never noticed before (perhaps some of you have already, but I wasnt paying enough attention I guess...) but take a look at this, and Ill explain:
skullyeye.jpg

Now if you follow the action in the panel, that should be Skully's eye, NOT Guts. Also, does that really look like Guts eye? Hardly...

Last and certainly not least, is the VERY apparent ellipse-shaped pupil, commonly known throughout all human forms of apostles, need more proof? Well heres Wild's and Locus's eyes (both are of cource, apostles):
apostle.jpg

Now take all this for what its worth, but as of right now, almost ALL of my Skull Knight theories are in the toilet. Im BLOWN away.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Now if you follow the action in the panel, that should be Skully's eye, NOT Guts. Also, does that really look like Guts eye? Hardly...
Ah yes, the eye…

Well, I’m not quite blown away, I noticed the eye before and I agree in that I also don’t think it’s Guts eye, but I also don’t think it’s really Skully’s either, it’s the eye of whatever Guts imagines is behind him, it’s in his mind. I think it’s purely symbolic of the imposing presence Guts feels and fears. If you look two pages earlier I could swear to you that Zoddo is sneaking up on Guts, but he isn’t, that’s just how Guts perceives it, same with the threatening eye in my opinion.

Last and certainly not least, is the VERY apparent ellipse-shaped pupil, commonly known throughout all human forms of apostles, need more proof? Well heres Wild's and Locus's eyes (both are of cource, apostles):

Now take all this for what its worth, but as of right now, almost ALL of my Skull Knight theories are in the toilet. Im BLOWN away.
For the sake of argument, let’s say that’s what Skully’s eye looks like, it’s not any different from Griffith’s eye, so it doesn't limit him to Apostlehood, or anything else really, it just looks scary (and I think that's all there is to it).

So, in my opinion, it probably isn’t his eye, and if it is, it doesn't change anything.

-Griffith

P.S. Unless...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes, the eye…

Well, I’m not quite blown away, I noticed the eye before and I agree in that I also don’t think it’s Guts eye, but I also don’t think it’s really Skully’s either, it’s the eye of whatever Guts imagines is behind him, it’s in his mind.  I think it’s purely symbolic of the imposing presence Guts feels and fears. If you look two pages earlier I could swear to you that Zoddo is sneaking up on Guts, but he isn’t, that’s just how Guts perceives it, same with the threatening eye in my opinion.
Good call. Its much more presumable than this being the ONE panel in which Skully's eye is revealed (I actually looked panel for panel in all of Skully's appearances tonight, looking for another "slip" and came up with nothin...) THOUGH, I think its still very odd that its an apostle eye... Very suspicious I think.
For the sake of argument, let’s say that’s what Skully’s eye looks like, it’s not any different from Griffith’s eye, so it doesn't limit him to Apostlehood, or anything else really, it just looks scary (and I think that's all there is to it).
P.S. Unless...
Sorry to be nitpicky, but Griffs pupils are consistently white, not black:

griffeye.jpg

and:
griffeye2.jpg

Normally I would just leave this be, but I think its intriguing that Griff's pupil is white, and other apostle's are black. Fitting of cource, but still intriguing.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sorry to be nitpicky, but Griffs pupils are consistently white, not black
Ugh…
griffeye3.jpg

DON’T FUCK WITH ME, BIZZZACH!!

-Griffith

P.S. Also see chapters 180-186, Griffith’s eyes alternate from white to black on many occasions, I came up with a theory on this and the demon child, but I didn’t post…because I’m not like Wally B. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
P.S. Also see chapters 180-186, Griffith’s eyes alternate from white to black on many occasions, I came up with a theory on this and the demon child, but I didn’t post…because I’m not like Wally B. ;D

kuso.jpg

yarou.jpg

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
So, in my opinion, it probably isn’t his eye, and if it is, it doesn't change anything.

-Griffith

It's one of those "looking too much into it". Like you said, it changes nothing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's one of those "looking too much into it". Like you said, it changes nothing.
As I said before: "Normally I would just leave this be, but I think its intriguing that Griff's pupil is white, and other apostle's are black. Fitting of cource, but still intriguing. "

It doesnt change anything, obviously, but it would have been interesting all the same. Besides, theres nothing wrong with critically analyzing a piece of art.

puella

Berserk forever
I don't think anybody can define what "looking too much into it" should be.
even if we go like this :D each time with deep specualtion or assumption.

Kenoh-Sama

As I said before: "Normally I would just leave this be, but I think its intriguing that Griff's pupil is white, and other apostle's are black. Fitting of cource, but still intriguing. "

It doesnt change anything, obviously, but it would have been interesting all the same. Besides, theres nothing wrong with critically analyzing a piece of art.

True. Still those are The SK shots are pretty old. Miura could have changed several things by now. SK might not even have eyes anymore. That is volume 9. And Miura is known to changing things as he goes along because it might not fit his future plans (Idea comes to mind).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
True. Still those are The SK shots are pretty old. Miura could have changed several things by now. SK might not even have eyes anymore. That is volume 9. And Miura is known to changing things as he goes along because it might not fit his future plans (Idea comes to mind).
But not everything can be in flux. If it were, then there would be no solid evidence for anything.

Kenoh-Sama

But not everything can be in flux. If it were, then there would be no solid evidence for anything.

Sure. We'll just have to see if it has relevance in the future. I don't have any older mangas infront of me but, are Griffith's eyes elipse pre-festival also? Or only post festival? Are the other apostles eyes also like that? Zoddo's? If they all have it, and it shows a deliberate patter then you might have something.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sure. We'll just have to see if it has relevance in the future. I don't have any older mangas infront of me but, are Griffith's eyes elipse pre-festival also? Or only post festival? Are the other apostles eyes also like that? Zoddo's? If they all have it, and it shows a deliberate patter then you might have something.
Zodd's pupils have always been elipse-shaped, as early as his first appearance in volume 5. Griffith's were circular up until we saw him in chapter 175. This is already proven territory though...

Kenoh-Sama

Zodd's pupils have always been elipse-shaped, as early as his first appearance in volume 5. Griffith's were circular up until we saw him in chapter 175. This is already proven territory though...

Like I said. Wait and see.

puella

Berserk forever
I always wait and see  ;D but in vol.11

wildface.JPG
 <I know, do remember>

wildzodd.JPG
  <Same!!>

Is just Guts or some kinda foreshadowing?
of course it's quite long ago and even before Guts knows Skully
much. but now is also he doesn't know Skully MUCH.
My takes on this are two.
1) Guts thouhgt Skully as an apostle or just an evil thing at first but it changes later.
2) Skully was an apostle originally but he's fought against Godhands:exact opposite of plan of Godhand.
Maybe he is the very one who regrets his choice to be an apostle.

*** WoW! it's been 5 months! 8)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That panel could just represent that Guts was feeling something similar to being in the prescence of Skully and Zodd. A feeling of overwhelming power.

Thats just what I always thought that panel meant.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I have already said it othewhere but... if Skully is a apostle why Guts' mark doesn't react to him?
If any character was to be subject to one, or even a series of exceptions to the typical rules, Skully would be the character.

Hes also 1000 years old, and since the brand reacts to 'evil', maybe 1000 years is enough to ward away that evil aura. Then again, my heart tells me that the lack of a brand reacting has more to do with the "elven aura" hint that we got from Puck in volume 18

puella

Berserk forever
but their eyes!

:-X Maybe this was talked about before too much.

yeah, I'll change mine into
"An evil elf sacificed Skully 1000 years ago"
;D ;D ;D

Seriously, I bet there were thousands of theories about SK in the old threads or BSOM. then was there any kind of theory which says "somebody(except Void) sacrificed SK 1000 years ago"?
If so, let me know please. I'll appreciate that so much. :)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Or was his woman that was sacrificed ? Remember the rose on the shield and the woman on the horse. Or was a woman to sacrifice him? Maybe the woman he loved? Maybe Slan?

D

Drachenfels

I still belive in the pretty simple theory that Void was SK's advisor/minister and sacrifised the former capital of Midland to become a god hand. But since we have not many evidences, nearly every theory could be true.

R

Rufus

or mabey sk was was sacrificed by her lover who was also and elf and the elf sdid it to be with grunbeld *guts father* and sk and guts are all related which is why he helps guts and does like griffith cus griffith is a elf and sk ahs that whole problem with elves now. and mabey griffiths is the last elf of his kind oh no!! what if hes tryingto re populate and elves take over. eep!!!

D

Drachenfels

or mabey sk was was sacrificed by her lover who was also and elf and the elf sdid it to be with grunbeld *guts father* and sk and guts are all related which is why he helps guts and does like griffith cus griffith is a elf and sk ahs that whole problem with elves now. and mabey griffiths is the last elf of his kind oh no!! what if hes tryingto re populate and elves take over. eep!!!

Punctuation and paraphrases, dude.

Top Bottom