AVP round 2

Now this is how the first one should have been (violence wise).

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

Well, it can't be worse than the first one.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Shitty title.

Anyway, it's got promise though the aliens look a little rubbery in some shots, and the tepid as possible setting; Aliens Vs. Predator.. in suburbia (OMG, there's an Alien hiding in the closet with Freddy and Jason)! Maybe I'm all wrong, but I'm sure like everything related to this franchise nowadays, it'll only disappoint. I love Aliens and the Predator as much as the next guy, but it looks like a generic slasher movie; like, it's making the last one's awful premise seem somehow ambitious. =)

I'm in total fuckin agreement with Griff. Wow. Well, they gave away the Pred-Alien...I think they even showed the way it died. :judo: Way, WAY too much was shown. I know it the 'Red Trailer', but wow and yea, I was waiting for Freddy and Jason to just pop up. This really looks terrible....and I was holding out hope for this...willing to accept mediocre. But solely judging from this trailer...yikes. "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream, On Earth...It Won't Matter" :schierke:

Anyone ever read the FIRST AVP story? THAT would've made a fine movie. Damn FOX! Marines in the future vs Aliens and Predators, it's so OBVIOUS!

One of my favorite series, once again...shat on. *actually upset*

EDIT: And it really bugs me. No pun intended. The first 4 Alien films were essentially Ripley preventing the Aliens ever setting foot on Earth. The AVP films totally negate/ignore that notion... That's part of what made the Alien series what they were. People hate on Alien 3...IDK I like it. Dif and not as superb as Alien and Aliens...but def. a powerful film. Alien 4...after several viewings has grown on me, but these AVP movies though are doing NO justice whatsoever to the originals. NONE

*really pissed* Yes, I still spend Jesus' b-day at the movies...

AVP2?

bichop.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Griffith

Hahaha, I'm almost like the "optimistic" one. :ganishka:

Yeah, I never understood why these guys never just ripped off Aliens over and over again. Isn't that easy and essentially what everyone really wanted? I didn't expect them to do better story/character wise, but what's so hard to figure out about having space marines fighting wars with aliens as entertainment over this rubbish? Why is Aliens still the ultimate one in terms of sheer scale? It's like they've just been taking steps back since then instead of at least upping the stakes as most sequels do (along with getting worse, which is the one tradition they've kept up with =).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the setting is ridiculous, but then again the setting of the first one was as well. At least there's some action. I guess all we can hope for is that each creature's characteristics are respected this time, and by this I mean that a Predator should take a lot to kill, while individual Aliens shouldn't be too hard to slaughter but cunning and tough enough to just swarm inexorably.

Since I really despise the first movie, I'm still somehow unreasonably wishing this one will be at least alright...

Proj2501 said:
The first 4 Alien films were essentially Ripley preventing the Aliens ever setting foot on Earth. The AVP films totally negate/ignore that notion...

Maybe she tried to prevent the aliens from reaching earth because she knew how much havoc they had caused in the past there... :carcus: :troll:

Seriously though, is it wrong that I really liked the trailer? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was cheesy at best and cheap at worst but it looks promising as far as not being boring... Although I do get the feeling that all that action will be reserved for the last 15 minutes of the movie. :judo:

The predator's whip made me wet though, I thought that was awesome but then again I have a thing for whips.
whip.gif

CnC

Ad Oculos
Guys, guys, guys. Don't be so hard on the merch.

The alien movies are dead. Predator is just a fond memory. What you're looking at are two marketable icons being combined in a story thought up in a boardroom. First movie was the same way.

Once again neither side will really win in the end.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
The trailer was good but it showed WAY TO MUCH, I just hope its not "lets throw the best parts in the trailer and show the audience the rest" but anyways movie looks promising except the Pred-Alien which is a stupid and ridiculous concept that should of never happend. Either way Ill see the movie, I mean come on! This trailer was better than the first AVP movie.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Well, the only way that this movie won't suck would be if it was like "Aliens"..since that won't happen in a million years, give or take, i'm officially skeptical.

Griffith

Frank Castle said:
The trailer was good... movie looks promising except the Pred-Alien which is a stupid and ridiculous concept that should of never happend.

The Pred-Alien is a stupid and ridiculous concept that should of never happened, but this movie looks good? You're inconsistent. =)

This one looks good.
I waited 15 years for the first AVP movie to come out, and was extremely dissappointed.

This one seems pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Sidenote: This was filmed back home in Vancouver, Canada! WOO!

CnC

Ad Oculos
EndLeSS8 said:
Sidenote: This was filmed back home in Vancouver, Canada! WOO!

If your movie has a forest in it or is made for the sci-fi channel, chances are its going to be filmed there.
Beautiful area, really.

Aazealh said:
You're setting yourself up for another disappointment.

I dunno.
I've been getting mixed messages from various forums.
Some expect this to be a dumpster, some expect this to be a redemption.

It's not perfect, but I honestly think it will be pretty good.

Aliens.
Predator.

Violence and blood.

Can't be tooo bad.

Related note: I think the storyline is that the Pred is flying home, transporting facehuggers, accidentally crashes. He doesn't want to leave a trace, so ends up killing Aliens and humans.
Normally Preds don't wipe out defenseless people out unless they are in the way.

I'd probably consider it if they took out the humans altogether and just let the Aliens and Predator duke it out for 2 hours.

aufond said:
I'd probably consider it if they took out the humans altogether and just let the Aliens and Predator duke it out for 2 hours.
Impossible. To my knowledge, it's still being directed by Paul Anderson, who's best accomplishments so far are the first Mortal Kombat movie and being the origin of the laser room in Resident Evil 4. On the other side of his belt is an anchor with a mini uwe-boll clutching onto the side just -begging- to be seen. Oh Castlevania, how I lament for thee.

As for AVP2, I caught the first on FX and realized why I was so happy I went against seeing it. And ever since Paul Anderson married/banged Milla Jovovich, it seems the idea of a female heroine who outlives/outperforms every male in the cast (including aliens/predators) is now set in stone. Maybe he'll bring back Milla for Sonya Belmont and make sure she has some insane telepathic powers and is really Dracula's reincarnated lover...or some shit.

Anyways, highly pessimistic about the movie, for this reason I avoid the trailer. Like Proj, the whole "ALIENS LANDED ON EARTH" let alone "lol...Predators create Aliens for game!" thing caused just a little bit of projectile vomit to land on my screen.
It was gray.

Edit:
White, who played the Castlevania video game in the early 1990s, was attracted to the prospect of filming a vampire film. White explained, "Most of the vampire films have been present or set in the future, from Blade to Underworld, and I was attracted by the chance to make a dark, epic period movie that almost has an anime (weeaboo or Vampire Hunter D?) feel to it." The new director, who negotiated a salary of seven figures, will rewrite the script with Anderson's assistance (=/).

Maybe...MAYBE there is hope yet for Castlevania. I Will remain netural.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
At least by what I can see in the trailer, they slimmed down the predators a little, which I think is good. Showing them as behemoths is fine and dandy except when they are supposed to be pretty agile and you have them rumbling around without camouflage like in AVP 1.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Manji said:
And ever since Paul Anderson married/banged Milla Jovovich

Wait, she's married to that loser? Damn, poor girl's really fallen quite low.

Manji said:
White, who played the Castlevania video game in the early 1990s, was attracted to the prospect of filming a vampire film. White explained, "Most of the vampire films have been present or set in the future, from Blade to Underworld, and I was attracted by the chance to make a dark, epic period movie that almost has an anime (weeaboo or Vampire Hunter D?) feel to it." The new director, who negotiated a salary of seven figures, will rewrite the script with Anderson's assistance (=/).

Well that doesn't really reassure me. I hope he'll base himself on Super Castlevania IV (since he apparently played it) and maybe try to recreate it in movie form while staying as faithful to the original as possible, but knowing these guys the main character probably won't even be wielding a whip.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Aazealh said:
Wait, she's married to that loser? Damn, poor girl's really fallen quite low.

I guess that was part of the contract for Resident Evil, like..

Paul: Okay, i'll make you the main heroine of the trilogy AND you'll earn a shitload of money with it..

Milla: Hmm, where's the catch?

Paul: You'll have to marry me!

Milla: *faints* and gets banged by Paul..and they lived creepily ever after.

Manji said:
Impossible. To my knowledge, it's still being directed by Paul Anderson, who's best accomplishments so far are the first Mortal Kombat movie and being the origin of the laser room in Resident Evil 4. On the other side of his belt is an anchor with a mini uwe-boll clutching onto the side just -begging- to be seen. Oh Castlevania, how I lament for thee.

It's not directed by Anderson (Seriously, Praise God!)

From Wikipedia:

"Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem is the upcoming sequel to 2004's Alien vs. Predator film. Filming began on September 25, 2006 in Vancouver with Tom Woodruff, Jr. and Alec Gillis from Amalgamated Dynamics handling the special effects (as they did for the previous installment) and Daniel Pearl as director of photography. The Brothers Strause (Colin and Greg Strause) have directed the movie [3] from a script by Shane Salerno[4]. Steven Pasquale and Reiko Aylesworth will play leading roles in the film[5] which IMDb has reported as having a release date of December 25, 2007[6]. This date is strongly supported by the Australian release date on Boxing Day (26 December). [7] The film is expected to be rated R as opposed to the PG-13 rating of the original.[8] "

EndLeSS8 said:
It's not directed by Anderson (Seriously, Praise God!)

Wh..WHAT? IMPOSSIB..Oh, well I Guess not. "Hope" increased by 0.2%
LEVEL UP

As for Milla and Anderson being married,my mistake. I heard they were engaged at least around the time RE came out, just assumed they finished the process what, 5 years later? Wiki says that's still the case, so for whatever reason they're holding off?

I'm still not optimistic with White directing (after I checked his "resume", any hope dwindled). Super Castlevania IV to my knowledge was just a remake of CV1 sans American version, but personally the first Castlevania story wise didn't have much going for it, psone revamp and all. If they are going to do the "origins" of Vlad/Dracula I really have no problem with lament of innocence being a basis per say...but I'd rather see Castlevania III or Rondo of Blood/V be the "first" Castlevania movie.

I'm just pissed they still want to do the "ORIGIN" of Dracula. Again. Wow, as if we don't have any more classic characters who need to be revamped 20 thousand times in more "realistic/entertaining/modern" terms to be a cash in for mainstream audiences. Even Beowulf hasn't had one decent movie in twenty years for christ sakes, so if people can't even stick to the basics on that, video games, let alone Castlevania, are going to constantly dig into some muck pile of "Now...how do we say fuck the fans and get that 17 year old high school emo kids to come?"

...Oh god, I fear for Castlevania's life.

As for AvP....Hearing Paul Anderson shift is a good thing, ...but its still called round 2.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Actually it's called Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click/movie-10006889/reviews.php?critic=all&sortby=default&page=1&rid=1665161

KazigluBey said:
Actually it's called Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click/movie-10006889/reviews.php?critic=all&sortby=default&page=1&rid=1665161
Shame on me twice, etc. But none the less, the "R" subtitle isn't doing anything for it. We'll still get an AvP3 after, imo anyways. They'll run out of subtitles eventually, or maybe this one will actually be good enough to merit a "real" franchise.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Manji said:
Super Castlevania IV to my knowledge was just a remake of CV1 sans American version, but personally the first Castlevania story wise didn't have much going for it, psone revamp and all.

Yeah, SCIV is basically a retelling of Castlevania 1. Don't know what you mean by "sans American version" though. And as far as the story being really simple, wait a minute and think about it, is this a bad thing? I don't think whatever treatment the movie will go through will do justice to the story, so we might as well just go with the minimum and focus on the action. Dracula is ruining the land, we see 5 minutes of misery and then it's Simon Belmont at the gates of the castle, slapping his whip furiously. Then 6 themed levels (a little more if they're ambitious) with regular memorable "bosses" that depart from more common disposable enemies.

It could work with very little tweaking, would make for a fine action summer flick, and if done correctly would even satisfy the fans. No need for a retarded, convoluted "story" going against half the series' mythology and ending up being just confusing and useless. And I'm absolutely sure there's no way the story of Castlevania III could be correctly pulled off. Same for the origin of Dracula, that just sounds like a really really bad idea.

Top Bottom