the new weapons

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Hum ...
What is the use of these weapons ?
Fire dagger ? Wind sword and wind cloak ? Silver chainmails ? ( isn't it mithril ? ^^ )
I wonder whether that kind of weapons could serve Guts enough to fight the new Falcons ... Since there's a Schierke around them time-fully for now, they're maybe gonna get a army of golems and what you know ! :-X

It is weird ...
I think Serpico is gonna be faster and furtiver, Isidro more powerful and girls more resistant ... I wonder when Azan is gonna meet them anew
and I hope Puck is gonna find a great something at his home, not that kind of 'turin turambar' stuff   ;)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
hehe !
that's just it's stuff from witches that are linked to kakuryo in a way, and i like that barbarism : kakuryan ...
well, maybe i'll change the thread's title ^^ don't want to confuse anybody

anyway, do you know whether they have tested their new stuff ?
ps : now you are the only one to carry the original title ;D

D

Drachenfels

Re: the kakuryan weapons

Oli, please, please, please, PLEASE tell me that what you wrote here:
http://www.skullknight.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=newmanga;action=display;num=1025139702

was just the product of a nightmare, or drugs, bad childhood memories, or something you wanted wo scare us with! :-/ :-/ :-/

D

Drachenfels

hey i'm sorry
but it was kinda expected since the volume 22

I didn't see any hint in volume 22 that Berserk is going to change into a stupid Dungeons/Dragons-esque crap world with +5 daggers.
I only hope my fears won't be confirmed...

and if ya really don't like that, go away !  :-*

If I don't like something about Berserk I should go away? Interesting logic ::)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Now we don't know anything for certain about the new weapons and their "magic" could be not magic at all. Anyway when Guts did take Skully's sword in hand to defend  himself from the spirits , just prior Caska did give birth, do you remember?, he did feel something strange about that sword, so in a way we have already seen a "magical sword". Maybe the new weapons are just like that one.

Now we don't know anything for certain about the new weapons and their "magic" could be not magic at all.
What do you mean? ^^;

We've seen the Golems and their "elemental runes", "earth" and "water".
If a witch can create Golems like that, I guess she can do the same thing with a sword and the rune "air", or a dagger and the rune "fire"...

Anyway when Guts did take Skully's sword in hand to defend  himself from the spirits , just prior Caska did give birth, do you remember?, he did feel something strange about that sword
Well, yeah, he felt _pain_ when he grabbed it. ^_^;
There's nothing supernatural about that.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I mean that the "magic " weapons could simply cut a little better and do a little  more damage than a normal weapon and maybe cut something that could not be cut by a normal weapon.
I am referring to the thought that Guts had while keeping in hand that sword: "But what a strange weapon" ( I am refering to italian translation of course) Strange that Guts that has wielded every type of sword in that moment  did pause to think that. And that Skully's sword is not a ordinary sword we had another clue in Skully's encounter with the Bejerit apostle. Do you remember? " Maybe my sword don't feel this is the right moment to slay him."
Anyway the alternative of D&D weapons is worse than death  :D :D :D

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
If I were to grab a sword with 1" steel thorns sticking out all over the handle, I'd stop and "think" for a moment as well.

I am referring to the thought that Guts had while keeping in hand that sword
I know, and I checked: it's definitely because it has thorns on the handle, that's all.
And that Skully's sword is not a ordinary sword we had another clue in Skully's encounter with the Bejerit apostle. Do you remember? " Maybe my sword don't feel this is the right moment to slay him."
"Waga ken ni tamerai ga?" doesn't necessarily hint at the sword being "magical" or anything like that (I'm not saying it isn't though: the guy has a flying horse! ^^ ). It's a common way of putting things, similar to "hesitating hands", for example. Does that mean that those hands can think by themselves?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I didn't see any hint in volume 22 that Berserk is going to change into a stupid Dungeons/Dragons-esque crap world with +5 daggers.
I only hope my fears won't be confirmed...

If I don't like something about Berserk I should go away? Interesting logic ::)

It is _obvious_ that fantasy gets in since volume22
All that you see is the wish of a perfect world, some things have been explained about it : another plan ( yeah ther's something safe the God Hand !! ) is getting more and more importance, and that plan is fantsasy-esque ...
About the religion of berserk, i remember i had talked about it as if it were christianity, but i was replied that midland isn't france and so on ... berserk is just the fruit of the imagination of kentarou miura
And before bitching the new stuff, wait and see !! >:(
About the 'go away', i wasn't that serious (the smiley is self-explanatable, isn't it ?) , anyway, it seems that a hobby of yours is to seek some kicks here :-*

Top Bottom