hints as to what is to follow

puella

Berserk forever
I think many tragic scenes may be repeated in the future though it's absolutely not sure if Miura will really do it.
I found some scenes can be said "foreshadowing upcoming events".

1) Young Guts unwillingly killed his actual father, Gambino. the only creature he loved back then.
----> Guts inevitably kills Caska, the only love and hope for him.
He kills and loses those he loves.

2) Young Farnese burned her favorite bunny-doll.
----> Farnese causes Serpico to get burned to death. Notice Serpico is afraid of fire as hell.

3) Griffith sacrificed the Hawk members who worshiped him like god for his own desire.
-----> All members of Guts band are finally killed for Guts' own revenge on Griffith. Isidor is like the boy who died in Griffith's arms at the battle.

However, I don't think the above has much possibilities.
anything else can be found in berserk?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I think that best  hint at what is to follow (and end of Berserk) is given by Japan the other manga written by Miura because that is the way that is headed Berserk hitself now

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I think that best  hint at what is to follow (and end of Berserk) is given by Japan the other manga written by Miura because that is the way that is headed Berserk hitself now

on the other hand, it's been a while since miura has finished that manga. why should he make berserk end in a similar way. maybe his point of view on life is a different now.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This kind of reminds me of a theory I have about the first three volumes, it’s more a little philosophy I use when looking at the series. I think the first arc, while setting up the rest of the series is also a microcosm for the entire series. Sort of like a dumb show a play would have, so that when things unfold they already make sense to you. You can draw your own conclutions from that, like: Griffith needs to stop smoking his Berserk manga.

-Griffith

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
This kind of reminds me of a theory I have about the first three volumes, it’s more a little philosophy I use when looking at the series.  I think the first arc, while setting up the rest of the series is also a microcosm for the entire series.  Sort of like a dumb show a play would have, so that when things unfold they already make sense to you.  You can draw your own conclutions from that, like: Griffith needs to stop smoking his Berserk manga.

-Griffith

i was often thinking about griffith and guts first duel. did it kind of represent all that was going to happen till the end of the taka no dan arc?
one time guts almost beat griffith in that fight. for me it was a symbol of guts breaking away from the hawks in order to find his own destiny.
griffith jums onto guts sword... for me that was something really surprising - just like when griffith started to talk about dreams at the fountain, and guts realizes how griffith really is.
the ending of the fight: guts hit griff's face and thinks he won but when he tries to hit him again griffith traps him and says: "this is as far as i will let you go." but guts wouldn't even think about to capitulate... and so griffith dislocates his shoulder... i think this part somehow symbolizes the events from the point when guts leaves the hawks till the end of the eclipse.

guts hurts griffith -> guts leaves the hawks
griffith dislocates guts shoulder -> rapes caska

oh well maybe i'm just interpreting way too much. :p

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
guts hurts griffith -> guts leaves the hawks
griffith dislocates guts shoulder -> rapes caska
->guts destroys griffith!

zodd appears->guts hurts zodd
->zodd dislocates guts shoulder->rapes caska
->guts unable to fight->skullknight appears and destroys zodd

skullknight leaves->caska dislocates guts shoulder again->rapes guts

i guess i went too far... :p
i am sorry! :D

puella

Berserk forever
Miura didn't write "Japan", Buronson did.
but drew that manga, didn't he?
so story by Buronson, drawing by Miura?

Oh, I got another scene! Snail Count!
As I took him on my other recent thread, the count couldn't sacrifice his own daughter.
----> Reborn Griffith can't give up his love for Guts. It leads Griffith to his downfall.

D

Drachenfels

->guts destroys griffith!

zodd appears->guts hurts zodd
->zodd dislocates guts shoulder->rapes caska
->guts unable to fight->skullknight appears and destroys zodd

skullknight leaves->caska dislocates guts shoulder again->rapes guts

i guess i went too far... :p
i am sorry! :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: I just saw some pics of "Japan" but the main guy there looks like a ugly version of Guts.

Top Bottom