AOW - Guts Blackswordman "Birth Feast" II Statue

temporary title.

I found this on a well know auctions site. I will not post the link because, curious about it, I asked information directly to AOW:

Thank you for your message.
Yes this is ART OF WAR's new preorder.
Because of some mistakes in our supply chain, information leaked out before ART OF WAR starts taking pre-order.
However, the item on the pictures is a normal version.
ART OF WAR will start preorder of the limited version on 28 Sep.
It will be very appreciative if you'd wait till then and place your order directly in ART OF WAR.
Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
ART OF WAR

So, if someone found this statue, I recommend to wait!! :miura:

sure, it is another Guts statue, moreover it seems the Guts Blackswordman Episode of Birth Feast (to tell the truth, from the pic, this IS the "Birth Feast" one), only the cape seems different but this makes the pose awesome!

I haven't a resin Blackswordman version so I'll be happy for this, there will be also a limited version. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well anyway that auction wouldn't be sent before the item went on sale at AOW. It's not like they got a statue early, and they even mention it's just a pre-order.

On another note, I don't like the face much on that one (yeah I know, the usual tirade), it's like the original Birth Feast and I didn't like the face on it. :guts: And yeah I've got to agree that it's a tad too similar to the old statue for it to be all that interesting.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Thanks for posting this Zoddit, I was right about to. The seller of the preorder assures me that this is a real Art of War product and along with your confirmation from AOW I'd say this is a real deal. Now the question is do I want to order one? I could get it for 150 shipped from the seller, which is pretty damn cheap compared to the total from Art of War. Well, I guess I should say that when AOW actually announces it.

Nice find, Zoddit. I wonder why they would release such a statue, so similar to the Birth Feast. I wonder if it's a PVC statue and not resin, due to the "cheap" price. I DO like the cape though.

Aazealh said:
I don't like the face much on that one (yeah I know, the usual tirade), it's like the original Birth Feast and I didn't like the face on it.

Yeah, the human face problem :judo:, difficult to fix at 1/10 scale, I guess.

DirectDK said:
I wonder if it's a PVC statue and not resin, due to the "cheap" price.

Hmm... maybe you're right, I hadn't thought of that possiblitity... I'm not a great fan of PVC collectibles. However thinking about...that price is too low for a resin statue but it's too high for a PVC one :???:

handsome rakshas said:
I could get it for 150 shipped from the seller, which is pretty damn cheap compared to the total from Art of War

So if it's resin st, this is a "killer-price".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zoddit said:
that price is too low for a resin statue but it's too high for a PVC one :???:

Hahaha, don't be too sure about that, knowing AOW nowadays, who's to say they couldn't sell a PVC statue for that much? Or, you know, maybe they've become reasonable again and are selling it the same price they sold the original Birth Feast: 12,800¥ ($110).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Nice! If this turns out to be a resin statue then I'm definitely picking it up. I've only got the Toycom PVC release of the original Birth Feast statue, so this would look excellent sitting next to the Magun I got from Handsome Rakshas. :guts:

P.S. - After my tax return and upcoming quarterly bonus, I just might be able to afford this. :isidro:

I saw this when it first appeared and thought it was a mistake - I sent Derek a PM about it. Glad to hear that that its an official AOW product. I would recommend being cautious about ordering from this seller as I have had problems with them in the past, best to wait til AOW gives full specification too.

I have the first statue and love it, but think the 'new cape' improves it loads. :guts:

So... I've collected some other informations on a jp website and...

yes, the statue seems definitively made of PVC, ABS material;

However seems also we have other materials to give the feeling of metal such as Dragon Slayer, and leather for bag.

Height: approximately 265mm

Release: 2007/11

Unit Price: 12,800 yen (removing jap tax)

jp site ref:
http://www.noda-ya.com/html/syohin/figure/02003186.htm

anyway the 28 sept is coming...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
AOW sent a teasing email today.

He’s Coming Back!

Shouldering the giant, 6-foot-long "Dragon Killer", the man is going on the endless journey of revenge, alone. Did he just finish a deadly combat? Cuz’ his sword and armor are stained with blood. Where is he heading for?

To be continued...

Another update from AOW

[quote author=AOW]
Preorder of Guts:Black Swordsman

It has been years since the last time ART OF WAR released a Black Swordsman PVC statue.
And I must say that this item is far more fabulous than any other PVC statues ART OF WAR
has ever released! The vividness of the mantle streaming in the wind, the cold texture of the
armor, and the sticky feeling of the blood, everything is just one word: REAL!!
You must agree with me when you see the real item with your own eyes.

Limited to 300 pieces

Preorder taking will start at 11:00am, 28 September (Japanese time)
[/quote]

Black_Devil said:
Grrrr, I don't get paid till this friday, wanted the bloody one as my first statue, but watch it sell out by tomorrow. :chomp:

Don't worry about that. You don't have to pay right now. You pay a few weeks before the item ships =). So order it now if you want to!

Berserker7 said:
LOL thats the first AoW statue to sell out in a while. i would never get pvc

I like having a couple PVC statues to put on my desk. So once in a while I don't mind them releasing a PVC.

Just received mine today, how bad it is :(

skin color is crappy, too white, seems a dead man
The blood is not red as the pictures show it, it goes to violet
Guts is 1/11e and the sword is 1/10e...too big
I know it's PVC but I'm very disapointed....

And overall I got damn french fee 45€ ....wtf

I think I will sell it to buy the real Guts : Episode of the Birth Feast ...(atm I have MAGUN)...

yesmilord

千年王国
I just got mine today, and I gotta say that I'm not particularly impressed.
First off, let me say that I am a big fan of AoW's package design. The black boxes with foiled text and metal corners really makes the product stand out from the rest of the other stuff. The package for Guts was a hideous, red cardboard with virtually no tact at all. That alone already set me in a bad mood. When I finally opened it, set it down, attached the sword and chains, I was awash with mixed feelings. Instead of writing this all out, I'm just going to bullet point things I notice as I examine the statue (most of it agrees with Drakull):

-The skin is a bit pale, almost greenish. Though I'm sure Guts can't possibly look too healthy after what he's been through, the tone of his skin feels a bit too far off for me to be comfortable looking at it.
-The armor is fairly detailed, but is much less ornate than displayed in the product pictures on the AoW website. In particular, the pouch on Guts' right-hand side is colored a very dull brown, whereas the pictures on AoW show something akin to a orange-ish leather replica. I prefer the latter.
-The texture of the metal is fairly good, but the brushstrokes really take away from the whole realistic feel. The texture and color the sword leaves much to be desired...it looks like the color of kneaded erasers: a very flavorless gray, not anything at all like a slab of metal.
-I got the LE edition with blood, and while I feel like the blood was done better than most (such as Guts Ma-ken), it looks a bit too watered down. As Drakull mentions, the blood is also more violet than it is red, giving the statue an almost otherworldly tone between the green skin and purple gore.
-Regardless, the statue is still very beautiful and well-crafted. The detail has definitely come a long way compared to older statues, and the amount of attention on making the armor look realistic is astounding.
-The flowing cape adds a really nice touch and you can see all the bags and gear he straps on his back.
-The base is a nice, dark rock which suits the piece. However, the "Guts" text looks like it came out of the Flintstones.
-Overall I still really like the piece; the comments above are just me being really picky about little things. I would still definitely recommend it (especially for those who don't already own a Black Swordsman) because the detail surpasses many of the older statues.

Here are some pics --

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

Yes I was a bit too hard with this statue :serpico:

Yes it is very well crafted the best PVC I 've ever seen by far

What a disappointment but I will not sell it :ganishka:

yesmilord

千年王国
Uriel said:
I dunno, it's pretty handsome!

Yea like I said, I still like the statue very much. However, the pictures on AoW are deceptive. From what I've seen, the pictures are usually pretty close (if not worse) than the actual product. In this case, I think the pictures were much better than what I received. And don't get me wrong about all the bad stuff I mentioned, it's just me being anal. :)

Top Bottom