Current Episodes

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

Hey, I can actually tell what's happening in these ones... Musashi is alone! =)

Though among crows, and in two page spread form... then seemingly talking to someone he cut down? :idea:

Inoue's words according to babelfish:
Inoue said:
Those where load falls on the body which was called to the interval of work the Chinese noodles and the ice are eaten unintentionally. Night and combining.
It is September, it meaning that month and season change, it can certainly overcome also this bad habit probably is.
Fall we like.

Katuhiko Inoue

Uhhh, yeah.

Current Episodes Thread

Just read up to Chapter 237 recently, rather pleased with how much it's entertained me thus far.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kojiro and Musashi's next meeting more than anything, it's interesting to see how the two interact each other. It's interesting that Kojiro seems to want to see Musashi so much as well, he always seems so aloof from everyone else.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Holy shit, 239 has already hit and I was only checking for a 238 translation. =)

Wow, I thought I recognized those bodies... man, I'm actually a little upset by this next ambush, I mean, what scum, really. But at least it shows they're playing for keeps here, and that Ueda's head is still clear (at the same time, there's still a certain obsessive and arbitrary madness involved at trying so earnestly at this point). It's even a PINCER ATTACK! =)

Nice to see Tagaya get some due.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

vol.gif

240a.gif

240b.gif

Inoue through Babel Fish said:
40 years while living, now the busiest air does.
You say with it does not move restlessly and/or that it is busy, incessantly telephones the image which the り is done does not float with carrying?
So the cartoonist it is busy, you draw simply intently facing toward the desk! You draw! You draw! ! Because is, キツ which was different from such, cannot escape is, well....
Simply, because the result which has persevered here fall of this year (already fall), from around November one after another becomes shape, without escaping to encouragement, it continues, at the time of the harvesting.
In addition that time tell the thought in various ways.

Being able to renew long thing ニƒ…ウス, because increase it is, it tried writing here on the long め at least.

Katuhiko Inoue

Love what Babel Fish did with his name. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Another masterful preview from Kartoon Hiko. Are these illegible previews just a way for Inoue to stick it to THE MAN for apparently making him do previews in the first place?

Looking forward to seeing if Mushi makes it this time :judo:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

I can't wait...

I've started rereading Vagabond from the very start. This feud has come so far and it's still compelling.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
I can't wait...

I've started rereading Vagabond from the very start. This feud has come so far and it's still compelling.
I took the day off work today, so I'll be doing this too. Today is going to rock. :guts:

Current Episodes Thread

The chapter is already out.And is a great one,as expected.

It mixes reflexive moments,flashbacks and cliffhanger action.Inoue at his best!

Can't wait for a translation of this.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Aaah, that was excellent.

Again, it's a Vagabond chapter that demands translations -- as beautiful as the art is, a lot is lost. You get a general feel for how it's going though... my prediction is fairly obvious one:

Musashi makes Ueda cut down his own man.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
my prediction is fairly obvious one
I'm not sure it's that obvious. I know it's black and white art, but that really looks like the shade of Musashi's outfit.

Great chapter, and yeah, a translation will be needed. If it helps any, Ueda's line on page 8 reads: "A SINGLE STROKE!" It sure was cute to see Den, Seij and Ueda as kids together. Too bad since we're seeing a flashback
Ueda's done for

Current Episodes Thread

In fact Ueda should have bleed to death long ago.So he's living in "borrowed time" to fulfill his duty.

Damn! I love this manga!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, the obvious prediction aside, that shade and shape is the closest match to Musashi's pants,
like Ueda is stabbing him in the butt; seriously, it looks like he's nailing him right in the asshole. So Musashi will have a new scar and will never crap again without thinking of the Yoshioka; nice legacy, Ueda. =)

Anyway, I think a deep wound on the backside of Musashi's legs or backside would be reasonable. Of course, it could just be Kurando's clothes darkened for the "dramatic effect" of the moment. i.e. to confuse us.

And young Kempo, awesome. Man, Den was ugly even as a little kid. =)

P.S. I'm glad the episode came out, I was feeling like I opened the Inn just as a drought hit the area. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

It was cool to see that Den was not just the spiritual successor to Yoshioka, but also inherited the blunt end of his father's looks. :guts:

Inoue rules.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, I'm always impressed with how well Inoue conveys different ages/family resemblance. You could see in in his old incarnation (obvious resemblance to Den, and somewhat to Seijuro), and I think there's even a little Ueda thrown in there for fun. =)

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Griffith No More! said:
Yeah, I'm always impressed with how well Inoue conveys different ages/family resemblance. You could see in in his old incarnation (obvious resemblance to Den, and somewhat to Seijuro), and I think there's even a little Ueda thrown in there for fun. =)

OH THAT WAS KEMPO!?

:p

It's hard not to like the ever-smiling Kempo, even if he doesn't have a major presence in the manga.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
It's hard not to like the ever-smiling Kempo, even if he doesn't have a major presence in the manga.
I dunno about that, Kempo's ghost lingers in almost every scene of the Yoshioka, whether visually or in memory. He's constantly referenced. His legacy was their foundation.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, to me he has a major presence in the story, larger than life and above it all; and by the same token, he's not a major character in it.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Griffith No More! said:
...he has a major presence in the story, larger than life and above it all; and by the same token, he's not a major character in it.

Mmm.

This is what I meant by lack of "presence" -- perhaps I should have said "on -screen presence"? Be that as it may, I agree with you both.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

vol.gif

241a.gif

241b.gif

I think I see something... is that...? Yes! Ueda accidentally stabbed a text bubble and it popped! Seriously, I'm still hoping he stabs Mushi in the butt, though. =)

Inoue through Babel Fish said:
SIME Being intensive ardently, the flesh and mind appeal ヤスマセロヤスマセロ.
As for inside motivation fresh the flesh and mind, there being a healthy sleep time to that, with the thing, that it is not it not to be possible the fact that it keeps renewing, your own work) with those of what (level proper you say, it connects barely with the sense of responsibility of the ひ そ and kana self-confidence or a certain kind and has stopped.
Such a today this - - it does with time.
The ふ ふ ふ - it is

Takehiko Inoue

I decided to just go ahead correct his name this time.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Could you keep the pictures under spoiler tags next time, Griff?

You ruined the entire chapter :miura:

Top Bottom