Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Seijuro

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Ueda

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That's right, one of THESE threads to drum up debate and activity! So, bring it on! :daiba:

This vote's very important, so feel free to debate the merits of these candidates further, which I've narrowed down to these 11; I suggest taking this painfully serious and considering things such old age, likely height/weight advantages, as well as displayed or implied skill. Or Hell, just give your favorite their due and write what you liked about them!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Stupid Thread: Rate teh Fighters!!!

Come on, "I think I know who would've won." :carcus: Ito being on here is just unfair, to me. Have you forgotten...

itto-points.jpg

He's worth 10,000!

Anyway, I think of all the real tiger swordsmen in the series, Ito is the furthest along in good condition. He's also one of the tallest, since we're taking all factors into account here. Speaking of which, age has taken its toll on both In'ei and Yagyu, so I don't think they're viable contenders against someone like Ito. However, even with age, if you were to include Kami'izumi Ise no Kami Hidetsuna, I don't think there'd be any question. His implied skill is beyond anyone in the series. Of course, I believe he's dead by this time in the series...

PS: ITO-FUK

Griffith

Re: Stupid Thread: Rate teh Fighters!!!

Walter said:
As long as you don't include Kami'izumi Ise no Kami Hidetsuna, there's no question. Not to mention...

Well, I didn't add him because he was technically dead already before we ever saw him fight, major disqualifier despite one's ability. =)

Re: Stupid Thread: Rate teh Fighters!!! (or, "I think I know who would've won.")

Yep,Ittosai without any doubt.

Would he appear again in the manga? I really hope so.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re: Stupid Thread: Rate teh Fighters!!! (or, "I think I know who would've won.")

I'm going for Seijuro.

I realise it's obvious and boring, but Ittosai is bound to be a little blunter than Seijuro at this point.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Uriel said:
I'm going for Seijuro.

I realise it's obvious and boring, but Ittosai is bound to be a little blunter than Seijuro at this point.
Being DEAD tends to make your skill pretty blunt :griff: I know others have vouched for Seijuro, but really, the kid was innately talented, but not challenged. As far as we know, he stuck to the coattails of his father in Kyoto, safe in the Yoshioka dojo. He rarely, if ever, stretched his talents like Musashi, Itto, Kojiro and others are doing with a pilgrimage.

PS: Shouldn't Ueda be on here too?

Griffith

Walter said:
I know others have vouched for Seijuro, but really, the kid was innately talented, but not challenged. As far as we know, he stuck to the coattails of his father in Kyoto, safe in the Yoshioka dojo. He rarely, if ever, stretched his talents like Musashi, Itto, Kojiro and others are doing with a pilgrimage.

Nice disparaging Seijuro fanfic, is it from the point of view of the ignorant citizenry of Kyoto who think he's just a playboy "kid" and that his younger brother is more formidable? =)

AS FAR AS WE KNOW (a phrase we could use to characterize anyone poorly, including Ito), it was the complete opposite; which, is not only more likely but inferred by his considerable skill, experience, and background. Seijuro was training out of the dojo and killing grown men in mortal combat when he was 10 years old (younger than even Musashi), his body was covered in scars from real combat experience, and he was going on pilgramages, to places such as Hoizoin temple, as a child as well. If you're looking for the sheltered son of Kempo, you've got the wrong brother.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Man, I just got SeijurOWNED. I'd forgotten about his meetings with Inshun as a child. :???:

That being said, I'm still not convinced he's a more accomplished fighter than Ittosai. I honestly can't see the ol' guy taking a lethal hit from that PLAYBOY. :ganishka:

In an attempt to move on, I think Hyogo may be the real unsung hero in this thread. He's the successor to Yagyu, and in his prime. He's also one we know very little about, but what we do know of his abilities is intriguing.

Griffith

Walter said:
Man, I just got SeijurOWNED. I'd forgotten about his meetings with Inshun as a child. :???:

That being said, I'm still not convinced he's a more accomplished fighter than Ittosai. I honestly can't see the ol' guy taking a lethal hit from that PLAYBOY. :ganishka:

Well, it was said that Seijuro's talent supposedly surpassed even his father, of course, it was a rumor said by those same Kyoto peasants. =)

Anyway, whether he could take on Ito or not, can't say, but I think Seijuro was the real deal, as opposed to all those who purported to be great swordsman, like Toji and Den. He didn't dress up the part, and in fact hated being head of the school, exactly because he knew what was important and what wasn't, in the same vein of Musashi having no set form or style, Seijuro was also substance over style. I guess what I mean by the real deal was he was a tiger in the same vein as Musashi, Kojiro, and Ito than he was like the rest of their peers.

Also interesting that he was 30.

Walter said:
In an attempt to move on, I think Hyogo may be the real unsung hero in this thread. He's the successor to Yagyu, and in his prime. He's also one we know very little about, but what we do know of his abilities is intriguing.

I'll be disappointed if we don't see him and Musashi meet again, I hope he isn't just left an inferred super badass in the making.

Top Bottom