Episode 290

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Does Roderick still not realize the role Serpico plays in Farnese' life? Wonder how he'll react when he learns of Serpico's affections..

Well, not even Farnese is fully aware of Serpico's connection to her, and would learning of those "affections" include learning that they're those of a sibling? Serpico has a blood right to have concern for her, Roderick is still merely a romantic interloper at this point; a dirty sailor who will say anything to get into her britches. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
Roderick is still merely a romantic interloper at this point; a dirty sailor who will say anything to get into her britches. =)
And that's why I like the guy. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Lol, wow, I had no idea you had it in for Serpico. I do think he's destined to die, though. It'd be sooo tragic :judo: .... :ganishka:

Haha well I was kidding, I don't hate him or anything. He's just one of my least favorite characters among Guts' current group, which doesn't mean much since I like practically every character in the story.

Walter said:
Does Roderick still not realize the role Serpico plays in Farnese' life? Wonder how he'll react when he learns of Serpico's affections..

I've wondered about that too. I don't think it'll be much of a problem though, Serpico seems to accept Roderick's courting (maybe he'll end up approving it?) and Farnese doesn't look like she cares about Serpico's feelings in that regard at all. After all, Serpico was the one to reject her back then (and they've more or less been over being potential lovers since then), and now even his role as her secret half-brother and protector is being lessened. I think he'll just take it as "as long as she's happy, I'm happy". Then maybe he'll start thinking about how to handle his own life as an individual and not just as her servant. In the end I believe he'll prefer her to fall into Roderick's arms rather than Guts' anyway. :guts:

Griffith

Yeah, if anyone was going to initiate a duel, I think it would be Serpico, but I also see this as more a relief for him that Farnese find happiness with a good man so that he's no longer obligated; a servant no more. Of course, back to my original point, it probably just means he's as good as dead. =)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Griffith No More! said:
Yeah, if anyone was going to initiate a duel, I think it would be Serpico, but I also see this as more a relief for him that Farnese find happiness with a good man so that he's no longer obligated; a servant no more. Of course, back to my original point, it probably just means he's as good as dead. =)
If that happened his life would have little to no meaning then unless he, and probably will, find something else to live for.

Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
If that happened his life would have little to no meaning then unless he, and probably will, find something else to live for.

Then if he's anything like us...

serpicosknet.jpg

"When's the next episode!? I can't wait!"

Interesting theor about history repeating itself. What if the same thing does happen to Gut's current companions? He still has that Beherit right. What if he makes a wish that sacrifices them and becomes an apostle? I doubt it would happen but if it did it would suck. It is bad enough that we lost the first group, the second group would be a bit to much for Guts to handle. I can not see guts sacrificing them or becoming an apostle, it is not like him. I doubt even the beast could influence him to that degree. Why not just give the Beherit to the :SK: so he can eat it, and use it for his sword?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I knew it! Serpico hater! lawl you're so biased.

I just don't think he's achieved much compared to all the hype he gets.

:troll:

frostedone said:
What if the same thing does happen to Guts current companions? He still has that Beherit right. What if he makes a wish that sacrifices them and becomes an apostle? I doubt it would happen but if it did it would suck.

Yeah that's just not happening. It's so unlikely that I don't even see the point in talking about it anymore honestly. Besides, as an apostle it's likely Guts would only have to sacrifice one person, and it'd be Casca, and she can't be sacrificed a second time.

frostedone said:
Why not just give the Beherit to the :SK: so he can eat it, and use it for his sword?

Well Guts did tell Flora he wasn't going to keep the beherit, but then Puck took it from him and said he wouldn't let anyone ditch his "becchi", so they ended up keeping it. What will come out of it down the road, who knows...

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
[quote author=Aazealh]
Well Guts did tell Flora he wasn't going to keep the beherit, but then Puck took it from him and said he wouldn't let anyone ditch his "becchi", so they ended up keeping it. What will come out of it down the road, who knows...
[/quote]

I know you hate it when people randomly speculate in the episode theads, but I'm gonna do it anyway. :ganishka:

With the characters going in the direction they are now, the most powerful potential sacrifice I can picture would have to be Farnese sacrificing Schierke in the midst of ultra-dire circumstances. I don't think it's at all likely, though. But I wouldn't be surprised if something happened with Guts' beherit in Elfhelm (its power being tapped or cracked or traded or something like that).

Lithrael said:
But I wouldn't be surprised if something happened with Guts' beherit in Elfhelm (its power being tapped or cracked or traded or something like that).

I know this isn't spec-nation but Gut's might trade the beherit to the Elf king or something. I don't think he will heal Casca for free. This is all very unlikely of coarse.

Back on topic, Do you guys think Griffith will make use of Foss, Raban (sp) and the Midland Resistance (or whatever its called) in Wyndham?

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
Aazealh said:
I doubt Guts' companions will die in such a way. Sure, the Beast was threatening but it's nothing more than that. Is this even anything new? Guts already assaulted Casca in the past, and he tried to kill his friends while wearing the armor too.

That's when the Beast was only a puppy! But now, he's chargin up a spirit bomb :chomp:!

Guts is a Romantic Extraloper too! Dirty Sailors!

Omega Tom Hanks said:
This episode for some reason reminded me of The Punisher: Born mini-series. Gotta love multi-personalitys in one mind :chomp:

Yeah I see a lot of similarities between Berserk and The Punisher Max. Except the Punisher has nothing to hold him back from fighting his enemies to his fullest, but Guts has his group and his desire to protect Casca, other wise that might be what Guts would revert to, the darkness, that which consumed the Punisher.

The beast is supposed to be a wolf right? If the armor takes on whatever the wearer's inner beast is then what if an Apostle put on the armor? The Apostles creature forms are his/her inner beast right? If say Zodd put it on, and he transformed, would it change into the bull shape too, or would he just break it?

Zodd in that armor would be nearly unstoppable.

frostedone said:
The beast is supposed to be a wolf right?
I think its a dog.
frostedone said:
The Apostles creature forms are his/her inner beast right?
Not exactly. Their apostle forms are more related to what they wish/desire for then their "inner beast". Some characters don't even have inner beasts. Compare Roshine, the Count, and Ganishka for example. Roshine wanted to be an elf and in a twisted sort of way thats what she was. The count wanted a body that could not be hurt and he turned into a snail apostle that could re-grow body parts with ease. Ganishka is the oddball because he doesn't even have a real "creature" representation. He's just mist.

frostedone said:
If say Zodd put it on, and he transformed, would it change into the bull shape too, or would he just break it?
Zodd in that armor would be nearly unstoppable.

Even if we consider that the armor can alter its shape. I think it would either just completely constrict Zodd or break. favoring the later.
Also I don't think Zodd would be very compatible with the armor, he just wants to fight strong opponents. He doesn't have the hate and rage to bring out the armors potential.
Someone might argue this point so I'll just say it now. When Zodd fights it's more along the lines of bloodlust then pure rage. :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
frostedone said:
The beast is supposed to be a wolf right?

It's not a real animal, obviously (and personally I don't think it's good to reduce it to one), so it's hard to pinpoint an accurate denomination for it (which is why it's just called "Beast"). However its dominant features are clearly canine.

frostedone said:
If the armor takes on whatever the wearer's inner beast is then what if an Apostle put on the armor? The Apostles creature forms are his/her inner beast right?

It'd be interesting to see. I'm not sure the different types of magic used would be compatible. And I don't think an apostle could transform while wearing it, it'd just fall apart. As for taking the form of people's inner beast, keep in mind it's just the helmet changing shape to reflect its user's mind. The armor itself presumably functions the same regardless of who wears it. It's pretty different from what apostles undergo, where their being is completely and irremediably altered on the deepest level. Concerning what apostle forms represent, there's no certainty. A good guess is that they might be a corrupted representation of their deep, true self and desires. However that's just a guess. And I wouldn't say they're each apostle's inner "beast", as in the Beast of Darkness that inhabits Guts (even though, if Guts were an apostle, his appearance would probably be related to the Beast). I don't think it works the same for everyone, with everybody having his own "beast". That aspect is peculiar to Guts IMHO.

Ramen4ever said:
The count wanted a body that could not be hurt

Not exactly, he just couldn't endure the pain his wife's betrayal caused him. His body was the least of his worries. It's in a twist that the God Hand made him a slug-like creature.

Ramen4ever said:
Ganishka is the oddball because he doesn't even have a real "creature" representation. He's just mist.

There's a lot of things we don't know about Ganishka yet. For example, his fog could be the result of his magical powers and not just of his condition as an apostle. On the other hand, he does exhibit typical apostle features, such as his pointy teeth and oversized mouth, claw-like nails, and God knows what else. It makes me think we might have yet to see his apostle form.

Ramen4ever said:
Even if we consider that the armor can alter its shape. I think it would either just completely constrict Zodd or break. favoring the later.

Without necessarily breaking, I just don't think it'd fit.

Ramen4ever said:
Also I don't think Zodd would be very compatible with the armor, he just wants to fight strong opponents. He doesn't have the hate and rage to bring out the armors potential.
Someone might argue this point so I'll just say it now. When Zodd fights it's more along the lines of bloodlust then pure rage.

Who said the armor needs "rage" to function specifically as opposed to bloodlust? Sounds like a completely arbitrary differentiation to me, and I don't think that's correct. Especially since its Od influences the wearer to make him lose control of himself, whether it's to "rage" or to "bloodlust", it doesn't matter.

Top Bottom