Eastern Promises

Anybody seen this yet? I was just barely able to see it, due to it's limited release the first week of release, and I must say, it is one of the best films I have seen in theaters in a long time. Directed by David Cronenberg, one of the world's best, who pulled this off masterfully. Not to mention the brilliant plot by Steven Knight. Here is the plot outline off of imdb:

The film follows the mysterious and ruthless Nikolai (Viggo Mortensen), who is tied to one of London's most notorious organized crime families. His carefully maintained existence is jarred when he crosses paths with Anna (Naomi Watts), an innocent midwife trying to right a wrong, who accidentally uncovers potential evidence against the family. Now Nikolai must put into motion a harrowing chain of murder, deceit, and retribution.

That just barely skims over what this film is in it's entirety, but for me to say more would give away too much to those who haven't seen it. If you're a fan of Cronenberg and haven't seen this yet, you must see this. Otherwise, it is still highly recommended, although it has some scenes of graphic and brutal violence, so beware of this to the squeamish, but I'm sure Berserk fans would be able to handle it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
This is one I'm looking forward to seeing. I loved "A History of Violence," also directed by Cronenberg and starring Viggo Mortensen, so I'm eager to see what they have in store for us this time.

Top Bottom