Anyone into Claymore?

Since this is the Shooting the Breeze section, might as well as just ask if anyone read and like the manga.

I'm not sure what you guys think, but this was the one of the very few comic I read so far that came ever close to Berserk (in term of my favourite list), best part was 70% of the content in the story was just pure fighting.

Ayone share the same idea? :SK:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Funny that you mention it, I just was thinking about giving it a try after after seeing it at a book store the other day. I've been wanting to check it our for a long time now, I'll check it out based on the recommendation. Thanks, Smith.

I've only seen the anime, but apparently the anime stays completely true to the manga until the last episode or something. It's nothing compared to Berserk, but still cool in ways. It gets a lot better as the story progresses, so give it a chance beyond the first few episodes.

Scorpio said:
I saw the first episode of the anime, but it just didn't grab me and I never pursued it.

I got to say this is very similar to Berserk, I myself catch no ball also when i see the first 2-3 volumes of berserk. Like Berserk the entire story went to flaskback after first few volume, and everything will flow smoothly after that.

As Aufond mentioned, give it a try after first few volumes

P.S to those who seen it, Silver Eye lion look something like Zodd

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I saw an episode of the anime...seemed cheesy. Half-demon (Orc? I can't remember) warrior chicks that fight demons, and the best of them leaves their order for the greater good of protecting an innocent life (again, I don't remember). I saw a fight scene between the main character and a few of the other knights, and it was the worst of DBZ and God Gundam speed line-arms without the explosions and GAR dialogue.

When I first saw it Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann was also airing, so I got into that instead. I love that show now!

I watched the anime recently, it's a decent series except for the last 2 or 3 ep's which ruined the entire anime and any chance for a continuation. Only option they have now is Ova's. I recommend the manga over the anime, it's a lot better. I wouldn't say its on par with berserk though. It leans torwards DBZ more then anything and that kinda ruined it for me. The latest chapters have been pretty interesting.

p.s I do agree it has a lot of berserk influences though. It had some potential, but it didn't bring anything new to the manga/anime industry.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I also picked up the books in the store the other day and thought it looked pretty decent. My friend said the anime was really good so I'm ganna dl it and hopefully it will be cool.

i watched all the epis unfortunately... besides fighting to stay awake i had to struggle with getting to know over 20 chars by the last 3 epis that all looked 95% identical... all blond and silver eyes... dont do it and also avoid darker than black while you are at it

btw its yomas

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Okin said:
I saw an episode of the anime...seemed cheesy. Half-demon (Orc? I can't remember) warrior chicks that fight demons, and the best of them leaves their order for the greater good of protecting an innocent life (again, I don't remember). I saw a fight scene between the main character and a few of the other knights, and it was the worst of DBZ and God Gundam speed line-arms without the explosions and GAR dialogue.

When I first saw it Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann was also airing, so I got into that instead. I love that show now!
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann > All

Okin said:
But was the Claymore manga any good?

The claymore manga is great. Trust me.

It suck in the first few volume but it get better as the story goes, up to the middle portion the story changed from suck to average, and now from average to good.

Regarding the issue about their fights reaching the power lvl of DBZ? Nah this manga come closer to berserk in this aspect than DBZ seriously. If you really wanna compare, Bleach seem to be much better candidate for DBZ fighting style than claymore

I remember reading this thread regarding what if Guts vs. Claymores, with some saying Guts pretty well pawned those claymores from number 20 and above without even breaking a sweat (With berserker armor and mode included, Guts will be pretty hard to dealt with even by the top 5 elite claymores)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:

It suck in the first few volume but it get better as the story goes, up to the middle portion the story changed from suck to average, and now from average to good.

Well that's still not "great" then, even going by your low criteria.

Smith said:
I remember reading this thread regarding what if Guts vs. Claymores

Jesus, shut up.

Aazealh said:
Jesus, shut up.

For? I am just saying these in my argument that claymore aren't like DBZ so exaggerating.

Although the idea of wat vs wat is pretty stupid (and is from other forums in fact), but i am just setting an example...

Aazealh said:
For the reason you give yourself:

It'd have been enough to say you like it and don't think it's too DBZ-like.

Ok understood...

Chill man, I know you have a lot of threads to handle but no need to get so work up over trivial issues like this...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Chill man, I know you have a lot of threads to handle but no need to get so work up over trivial issues like this...

Chill man, I know you get told to shut up a lot but no need to get so worked up over trivial issues like this...

Smith said:

That's priceless. Post of the year!

Is this thread even about Claymore anymore?

Update: 2 chapters have come out since the switch from shonen jump to jump square.

Smith said:
I am just saying these in my argument that claymore aren't like DBZ so exaggerating.

What are two common things that occur in both Claymore fights and DB fights?
First they both have people powering up excessively and second they both have fights that are so fast they've broken the sound barrier. Yea thats enough similarity for me.. so I wont even mention how fighters in claymore sense and read each others power levels.. Oh I'm sorry, I guess that kinda just slipped out.

Ramen4ever said:
What are two common things that occur in both Claymore fights and DB fights?
First they both have people powering up excessively and second they both have fights that are so fast they've broken the sound barrier. Yea thats enough similarity for me.. so I wont even mention how fighters in claymore sense and read each others power levels.. Oh I'm sorry, I guess that kinda just slipped out.

Gosh wait till you saw Bleach...

Then again, both bleach and claymore didnt have that power to destroy the entire planet...

The anime series turned lame after episode 19 and they changed the storyline so they could end it at around the 25-26 mark. Personally, the manga is much better in comparison, especially now where the story's thick in the middle of the main protagonist's facing each other/ battling it out.

turkitage

ターク
IncantatioN said:
The anime series turned lame after episode 19 and they changed the storyline so they could end it at around the 25-26 mark. Personally, the manga is much better in comparison, especially now where the story's thick in the middle of the main protagonist's facing each other/ battling it out.

agreed. I read the manga first up until I thought the anime ended. And it was pretty dead on until around eps 19. It might of been me but I found it very hard at first to keep up with all the blond female characters and their name in the manga. I got used to it and was finally able to keep up with them all (there are A LOT). There are only a few mangas I'm current with and this is one. It really has a great and in depth story with a twist in it that changes the whole manga around.

Nope, not just you :slan:, the manga is slow for the full 1st Volume. For me it began to pick up when Teresa's character was introduced. It's also the same time the artwork got better.

Top Bottom