Movies to look forward to

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
The Beast with a Billion Backs is good, the only way you wouldn't have liked it was because you are a film snob that took the movie too seriously.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
The Beast with a Billion Backs is good, the only way you wouldn't have liked it was because you are a film snob that took the movie too seriously.
It's great that you repect my opinion as I respect yours.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I just saw hellboy II last night and boy was it great. I don't think I finished watching the first movie ( at least I don't remember it) and I know don't anything about Hellboy but this movie was by far the best summer action movie so far. I loved how it didn't take itself too seriously. It was hilarious and action packed. Their were so many monsters and creatures that looked very creepy and the main antagonist was very, very badass. I was actually hoping that he would win :guts: The mix of computer effects and real people in costumes was very effective. They should have done something like that for the new star wars movies because it gives it a way more realistic feel. Anyway I thought it was great and very, very rarely see action movies in theaters or even enjoy action movies.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I liked Hellboy II a lot, too. 100% better paced than the first one. Wayne Barlowe for the freaking win. Also props to David Hyde Pierce for declining easy voiceover money in favor of letting the very talented Doug Jones' own voice be heard this time. The resolution of the Tomax & Xamot style thing was awfully predictable but hell, what are you gonna do. Lots of fun, this one.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ive only heard really good things about Hellboy 2, but the first one looked soooo bad. Am I just being a snob here? Should I bite the bullet and see this?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Did you dislike Hellboy 1? If the answer is yes, then go see it. If the answer is no, then go see it.
I disliked the Hellboy 1 trailer. Does that count?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've read most of the Hellboy comics and I didn't dislike the first flick so I've actually been looking forward to the new one. Glad to hear it's apparently good. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Terminator Salvation w/ Christian Bale
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20443
Fingers crossed...
Hoo boy... another Cameron-lacking Terminator flick. And this time with no Arnie.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Let's face it, Arnold's presence in part 3 really didn't make a difference. The movie was lame.
Oh I agree, but this is another fatal flaw for the franchise whose back was built on Cameron and Arnold.

Agreed. It was a Cameron-Arnold cocktail. But when I stop and think what Cameron has really done since the 90's, I scratch my head. Arnold as kick ass as he was in the first 2, I'm sorry can easily be replaced with any other really buff-decent actor.
Part 1 and 2 both achieved a balance of well crafted stories, good acting and fantastic action. 3 just lacked in all those departments.
Can we agree you really don't NEED Arnold to have a good Terminator movie? I don't think you do at all. As for Cameron, well, I don't know. He seems sort of washed up to me these days. YES, he made some AMAZING films. But so did Speilberg.
This series is in need of new blood...more specifically, talented new blood. Let's hope Salvation is made up of just that.

EDIT: Just re-watched the teaser. "This is not the future my mother warned me about." Now that's got me thinking. Ahhhh.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
As it shouldn't, Proj is suffering from some kind of hopeful fan delusion. The presence of Bale is affecting his judgment. =)

I hate to play this card from the bottom of the deck, but that argument advocating this movie might as well be about Berserk without Guts or Miura. Blasphemy of the highest order. Oh sure, it could still be a good on it's own merits, fine, and one should acknowledge that objectively and enjoy it for what it is of that's the case (statement made on behalf of one Mr. Christian Bale), but The Terminator canon ended with 2, end of story, literally. No new blood necessary to revive it, it's gone, this is something else. Oh yeah, and as for the hope of that new blood...

IMDb said:
Director: McG

Roland Kickinger ... T-800

Yeah, there's your new Cameron and Arnold! Sorry guys, Wally's right, this is one franchise that can't be Baled out.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Seeing how I only liked Terminator 2 I'm going to throw in my 2 cents. The series sucked end of discussion.

Sadly, that's the direction we're heading in. Terminator is becoming the Aliens series right before our very eyes, at least T3 was so mercifully terrible that it was like immediate closure on the whole thing.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Griffith No More! said:
Sadly, that's the direction we're heading in. Terminator is becoming the Aliens series right before our very eyes, at least T3 was so mercifully terrible that it was like immediate closure on the whole thing.

Lets not forget about the Sarah Connor Chronicles. :carcus:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Hellboy II was great! My favorite part was Guiellermo del Toro's depiction of death. I still find it kind of ridiculous that in a matter of 5 minutes, at least 3 people had forsaken the entire human race for a loved one in a row. Still a great movie, and I hope to see the third.

Also, how bad are the Sarah Connor Chronicles? When it first came out, I kept hearing good things.

Top Bottom