Movies to look forward to

Oburi

All praise Grail
I did like how they brought back the heavy intro music from T2. At least it has that. WHen I saw the third film I knew it was going to suck just from the beggining because they left that music out.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
The problem with T3 is that they kept the storyline in the present instead of jumping to the time line that T4 will have.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
i'M OFFENDED by this and your love for the new terminator. :miura:
Heh, just wait and see what I'll do when I am actually there watching it. :void:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Nomad said:
Heh, just wait and see what I'll do when I am actually there watching it. :void:

I'm just little creeped out by your comment, anyone else agree? As for me, I see myself at best renting T4, if that.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
KazigluBey said:
The problem with T3 is that they kept the storyline in the present instead of jumping to the time line that T4 will have.

I think the problem was everything else about it sucked, regardless of setting. =)

Anyway, something I noticed about the Watchmen trailer and finally screencapped that begs the question; Who watches the Watchmen... trailers?

watchmen.jpg

See all that "debris" to the left (some motion blurred on the right too)? Look closely and you'll have Mortal Kombat II flashbacks.​

Yup, that is an esploded person who got the the Dr. Manhattan treatment just before our unfortunate friend at center. Pretty clear when you watch all the pieces go flying frame by frame, though barely noticeable in real time, which is why I imagine it got by one way or another. So, is this technically the goriest green band (all audiences) trailer ever? =)

Griffith

The Perineum Falcon said:
Yes, and I'm pretty sure I saw a barely discernible tallywacker on him, too. Not that I look for those things........

Well, I do...
watchmen2.jpg

1080pee.​

So, the trailer they're showing in front of the most successful movie opening ever surreptitiously has depictions of human guts flying around as well as full frontal male nudity. Impressive.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Griffith No More! said:
Well, I do...
watchmen2.jpg

1080pee.​

So, the trailer they're showing in front of the most successful movie opening ever surreptitiously has depictions of human guts flying around as well as full frontal male nudity. Impressive.

Huh, must of been a pretty damn cold room....

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://top10kid.com/2008/06/27/top-10-movie-gadgets-we-wish-we-had/

Not that I'm really looking forward to this but I thought I could use this ask if there are any Rain Wilson fans here. I like him mainly from The Office. I seriously haven't watched any show as much as the Office in recent years except for HBO's Curb your enthusiasm and entourage.

And I'm surprised no one mentioned this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887883/
I thought we had Coen brother fans here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/ Finally I have to express my disappointment with this. The trailer just makes me want to cry. The original is one of my favorite "old" movies and this is going to just miss the point completely. Seriously this is like joke the trailer is ... godfuckingdammit!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
And I'm surprised no one mentioned this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887883/
I thought we had Coen brother fans here.
I remember reading about it a while back, but forgot about it.

Here's the trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/burnafterreading/trailer1b/

Lookin good.

Griffith

I liked the uncensored trailer you posted better, minus the "secret CIA stuff"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE3TlKzItL8

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
Get it while it's hot (and still there), W by Oliver Stone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyJ2kdaaTQ
Trailer's finally up? Awesome. Been looking forward to this =).

Griffith

Aazealh said:

I hope there's more to Deadpool than this.

deadpool.jpg

Walter said:
Trailer's finally up? Awesome. Been looking forward to this =).

Why?

That's not a sarcastic "Well, I'M NOT!" why, but a real one. =)

And is Karl Rove playing himself? I wouldn't put it past him. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
Why?

That's not a sarcastic "Well, I'M NOT!" why, but a real one. =)
In interviews, Oliver Stone keeps alluding to the fact that he's given a fair portrayal of the man, and how it explains his rise to power. Basically, I just want to hear/see his theory on Bush. Anyway, I think it'll be more than just cheap, political satire.

Griffith No More! said:
I hope there's more to Deadpool than this.

deadpool.jpg
Hahaha yeah, looks like Wade Wilson's been using Clearasil every night and day. This is probably just before his cancerous problem cropped up, or before Weapon X began experimenting on him.

Griffith

Walter said:
In interviews, Oliver Stone keeps alluding to the fact that he's given a fair portrayal of the man, and how it explains his rise to power. Basically, I just want to hear/see his theory on Bush. Anyway, I think it'll be more than just cheap, political satire.

But it looks like The Legend of Ron Burgundy's rise to power. =)

I don't know, I just can't trust Stone's (President) movies anymore. Now he's making them before the guy's even out of office (I know it's his rise to power, but still, he's probably got a treatment for "Obama" in the works already). Anyway, I guess you never could trust his President movies, he thinks JFK is fair too, when it's really just the most fucking awesome propaganda entertainment ever. I remember when I first watched it I felt like the snipers were aiming for me through the windows: I knew too much!

Walter said:
Hahaha yeah, looks like Wade Wilson's been using Clearasil every night and day. This is probably just before his cancerous problem cropped up, or before Weapon X began experimenting on him.

Yeah, I was just hoping we'd actually get to see him in full action, but the movie looks pretty busy with a bunch of other losers and he relatively unimportant among them. You'd think if they had him in full costume, it'd be in the trailer somewhere. Too bad.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
I don't know, I just can't trust Stone's (President) movies anymore. Now he's making them before the guy's even out of office (I know it's his rise to power, but still, he's probably got a treatment for "Obama" in the works already). Anyway, I guess you never could trust his President movies, he thinks JFK is fair too, when it's really just the most fucking awesome propaganda entertainment ever. I remember when I first watched it I felt like the snipers were aiming for me through the windows: I knew too much!
I wouldn't mind being entertained on the way to understanding Stone's justification of Bush.

Yeah, I was just hoping we'd actually get to see him in full action, but the movie looks pretty busy with a bunch of other losers and he relatively unimportant among them. You'd think if they had him in full costume, it'd be in the trailer somewhere. Too bad.
It could just be a guy with a katana :serpico: And according to IMDB, that's Ryan Reynolds, aka Van Wilder, playing him... ugh.

Did everyone see Gambit in there? Never been a big fan of him. Not sure why he's so popular. His big schtick is he throws cards and speaks with a Cajun accent right? Oh yeah, and gets to make out with Rogue. Ok, maybe I see their point.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Did everyone see Gambit in there? Never been a big fan of him. Not sure why he's so popular. His big schtick is he throws cards and speaks with a Cajun accent right? Oh yeah, and gets to make out with Rogue. Ok, maybe I see their point.

I like Gambit actually.

Griffith

Walter said:
I wouldn't mind being entertained on the way to understanding Stone's justification of Bush.

Can it justify anything though with us having like zero perspective on this guy at this point? It's a movie about his life when the biggest chapter isn't even complete. The idea just bothers me from a historian's standpoint. It's like if Stone had made "Nixon" while Nixon was still in office. Granted, that also makes it kind of cool and unique, I just hope he's not going to do another one in 10 years with the opposite message.

Walter said:
It could just be a guy with a katana :serpico: And according to IMDB, that's Ryan Reynolds, aka Van Wilder, playing him... ugh.

Featuring Harold and Kumar as Cable and Havok!

Walter said:

You mean did I notice when the audience screamed like fans at a Miley Cyrus concert? Yeah, and he just looked like any guy to me, and not particularly one that resembled Gambit.

Aazealh said:
I like Gambit actually.

I like him too, I'm just having trouble understanding what he's doing in this movie other than fan service... then again, that's why they're making this movie, isn't it? I feel like if The Dark Knight took comic book movies to a new level, this one could set them back. =)

On the bright side, Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth seems a nice compliment to Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Griffith No More! said:
I like him too, I'm just having trouble understanding what he's doing in this movie other than fan service... then again, that's why they're making this movie, isn't it?

Honestly most of the marvel movies just come off as nothing more then just fan service. They could make them better, but they don't try.

Top Bottom