Movies to look forward to

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Looks good to me. "Robots are the best" got me laughing.

That was posted back in February, I heard they spent all of June or July re-shooting a lot of it because Warner Brothers felt the movie was too "scary" and didn't feel like a family movie.

Yeah, there's been a lot of hubbub about what's going on. I could post relevant articles, if you would so like. Basically, they've supposedly complete redone scenes, added new ones, and are now talking about taking out the animatronics for CGI.
Studio's still claiming that they're "100% behind" Mr. Jonze on the project, but I take that with a grain of salt. It's still unknown whether or not he even has final cut.
There was some rumor some time ago that mentioned the studio was going to pull another "Exorcist: The Beginning" and shoot a whole 'nother version of the film, under more strict studio control. It's hard to say how true that is, though I have a feeling that particular rumor has been debunked. I must also note that I believe Mr. Sendak was quite pleased with the film the way it was.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Enough from you dweebs! I'm not hip enough for talking monsters, I live my life a quarter mile at a time:

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/official-fast-and-furious-4-trailer/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My dream come true! :isidro:

So, let me get this straight:

The Fast and the Furious
2Fast 2Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (did that one even have a theater release?)
Fast and Furious (4).

Well, makes sense to me. Maybe the fifth one will be called John Fast and Furious.

X

Xem

Man, definitely going to see that. Me and my girlfriend have pretty much decided that Seth Rogan being in a movie almost guarantees it to be funny, has he ever been in a bad movie?

Just noticed this: http://www.sukiyakimovie.com/

The guy that brought us Ichi the Killer + Quentin Tarantino? In a japanese spaghetti western? WTF?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Takashi Miike has done a WIDE variety of movies, so this isn't that surprising really. I mean, the guy pumps out like, 2-3 movies a year. He's a fiend.

X

Xem

There's nothing really impressive about them, and the new look for Piccolo is a let down imo.

db9mn2.jpg

db8zu3.jpg

db7.jpg

db6.jpg

db5.jpg

db4.jpg

db3.jpg

db2.jpg

db1.jpg

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Deci said:
There's nothing really impressive about them, and the new look for Piccolo is a let down imo.

Oh God looking at those has me crying tears of blood, this is going to be a nothing but a higher budget Mortal Kombat flick isn't it? And Piccolo kinda reminds me of those new breed of vampires from Blade II. Uh, then there's Chow Yun Fat as Master Roshi, they look nothing alike and it'll probably be brutal watching him trying to represent Roshi's pervertedness, all in all this looks worse than I feared.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Isn't it rather sad that this particular movie practically HAS to fail? Fail badly even?

Oh, and i'm quite sure that it won't even sport that certain charme from this little gem here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tg9nQ4MmDo

...hehe^^

X

Xem

If it makes you feel any worse, I read that it was the ACTORS who finally convinced them to at least let them wear uniforms resembling those worn in the manga/anime. Honestly it feels like the people in charge just bought the name and made a really expensive martial arts flick because it would sell.

Without actual martial artists, of course. >_<

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It was bound to suck from the get-go anyway. I saw the pictures last week I believe and I wasn't surprised at the general lameness of it all. It can serve a purpose though: you guys keep these in mind next time there's talk of a Berserk motion picture.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Guts' intestines said:
Oh God looking at those has me crying tears of blood, this is going to be a nothing but a higher budget Mortal Kombat flick isn't it?

Hey, don't blasphemy the original Mortal Kombat movie. =)

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
I have no problem with them making a DB movie, but they have to do it right Damn it! I want obscure references in there that only a true fan would catch. Anyway isn't this a DB movie not a DBZ movie?

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Guts' intestines said:
I have no problem with them making a DB movie, but they have to do it right Damn it! I want obscure references in there that only a true fan would catch. Anyway isn't this a DB movie not a DBZ movie?

Generally speaking, yes. But i guess they are going for a complete rewrite or something. It will be a sad piece of junk nonetheless.

Oh and for some reason i'm always reminded of that abyssmal Mario flick whenever i see those DB images... *shudder* :chomp:

Top Bottom