Movies to look forward to

Deci said:
There's nothing really impressive about them, and the new look for Piccolo is a let down imo.

......I wonder what Akira Toriyama thinks of this crapfest? Piccolo is supose to be green for crying out loud. This movie will be big laugh when it comes out.

S

smoke

I'm going to go into the DBZ movie completely fucked up.

Then I'm sure it'll at least be funny, and I might enjoy it.

X

Xem

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
If I don't think a movie will be good sober then normally I wouldn't watch it.

Oh I can tell you with almost absolute certainty I will enjoy this movie, both sober and fucked up. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Most Uwe Boll movies look better compared to House of the Dead. I'm pretty sure House of the Dead is the bottom of list of movies.

So you're telling you've not only seen one Uwe Boll movie but several of them? Are you a masochist or something? Was it part of an experimental US Army training to resist torture?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Was it part of an experimental US Army training to resist torture?

Actually it is. Imagine watching all of his movies.... twice. Once for the actual movie and the second time for the commentary. For a short time I thought I was in hell, suffering for some past deed I committed as a youth.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Aazealh said:
So you're telling you've not only seen one Uwe Boll movie but several of them? Are you a masochist or something? Was it part of an experimental US Army training to resist torture?

Oh, i've seen each of them as well. Makes one appreciate the better forms of entertainment. Which would be almost anything else. Of course i didn't pay a single cent for any of those movies, because i'll usually wait for some of my friends to purchase that shit and then watch it at their homes.

By the way, i'm relatively amused about the fact that he regularly beats the crap out of his critics. I mean, the critics are right by any definition, but he gives them a good fight. Which is more then many other craptastic directors can hope to accomplish. ^^

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
M Night Shamisham AKA "MY MOVIES ARE INTENTIONALLY B MOVIES WITH HIGHER BUDGETS". :ganishka:

Shyamalan is still living of titles which can be considered his better works, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Those are not too bad, but alas, they only work for the very first watch. After that, there's just not the same feeling of "suspense" or surprise (and that's the main goal of M.N.S.).
The problem is that he's a really boring screenwriter in essence. He almost always pulls the same trick over and over again, creating "suspense" with very long, drawn out takes, which tend to look either very forced or just plain silly. Just take the final moments for Signs, that horrible revelation and tedious "fighting" scene. He could have put a simple dia-show at that point and it would have been much more thrilling.
But really, if it comes to arrogance, i think that both Boll and Shyamalan hit the jackpot.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
By the way, i'm relatively amused about the fact that he regularly beats the crap out of his critics. I mean, the critics are right by any definition, but he gives them a good fight. Which is more then many other craptastic directors can hope to accomplish. ^^

Well that was special, he did it once and set it up so he'd beat those guys up without them being able to do anything really. Besides, in essence it was just an advertising maneuver. I can't say I feel much sympathy for him no matter how I look at it. He doesn't even amuse me or anything.

X

Xem

Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoyed Shyamalalaman's Lady in the Water and The Village?

Really I think Signs and his latest "RATED R" movie The Happening are the only bad ones. And The Happening sucked because he wasn't making the movie because he felt inspired or whatever, but to appease fans and critics who wanted him to make it. That's always a bad idea.

I just read that apparently he's making a trilogy of the Nickelodeon animated series and videogame Avatar. I guess he really has completely sold out. He did afterall comment on how Spielberg was a huge influence of his.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoyed Shyamalalaman's Lady in the Water ... ?
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_in_the_water/

You're not alone, but there are few of you.

Deci said:
I guess he really has completely sold out. He did afterall comment on how Spielberg was a huge influence of his.
So, you like Shyamalamadingdong, but not Spielberg, because he's a sell out? Hm...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I have nothing against Shamalamadama, I like Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and even Signs despite its flaws, but it must be noted that Senior Spielbergo is 10,000 million times the filmmaker he is, whether it be their more creative personal projects or studio blockbusters.

X

Xem

Walter said:
So, you like Shyamalamadingdong, but not Spielberg, because he's a sell out? Hm...

Nah I like Spielberg's older stuff, and I dont dislike either one because they're a sellout specifically, but there does seem to be a relation to them selling out and their works becoming worse.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Nah I like Spielberg's older stuff, and I dont dislike either one because they're a sellout specifically, but there does seem to be a relation to them selling out and their works becoming worse.

I'll be waiting for Shyamalan's Hook, Jurassic Park and Schindler's List then, since I imagine The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs are Jaws, Indiana Jones and E.T. respectively.

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
I'll be waiting for Shyamalan's Hook, Jurassic Park and Schindler's List then, since I imagine The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs are Jaws, Indiana Jones and E.T. respectively.

Though this is totally beside the point, Hook and Jurassic Park, even though good, definitely are worse than Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Understand I wasn't comparing Shyamalan and Spielberg's movies, I was comparing their decline in quality.

Top Bottom