Movies to look forward to

X

Xem

Can't wait for the Hobbit, and I agree with Walter, I liked it more than LOTR.

Interestingly, going over to Terminator 4 for a sec, Arnold was seen on set! And he wasn't just stopping by to say hello, apparently they're going to do some kind of movie magic and have his face plastered on this new muscle man's body, and he's doing voice overs as well. That's great news.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Anyone would have been a better Eddie Brock then Topher Greace. He didn't have eddies build or really come off as venom.

Well don't get your hopes up, rumor is they want to keep Topher Grace for some messed up reason beyond understanding.. even though he was supposed to be dead at the end of Spidey 3.

Oh and regarding regarding the Spirit, does Samuel L. really have to be in like 90% of hollywood movies released these days? I love the guy and all, but it's getting to be a bit too much for my liking.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Deci said:
Oh and regarding regarding the Spirit, does Samuel L. really have to be in like 90% of hollywood movies released these days? I love the guy and all, but it's getting to be a bit too much for my liking.

I'm with you on that one

Deci said:
apparently they're going to do some kind of movie magic and have his face plastered on this new muscle man's body, and he's doing voice overs as well. That's great news.
Really? Cause that sounds kind of dumb and hokey. I honestly don't see the point in that.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Add me to list of people who prefer The Hobbit to LOTR, though I'm not excited over a film adaptation, and rather Jackson do it for the sake of completeness. But hey, like the book, could be fun.

The Perineum Falcon said:
Really? Cause that sounds kind of dumb and hokey. I honestly don't see the point in that.

Sounds like it totally fits the movie then. =)

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Griffith No More! said:
Add me to list of people who prefer The Hobbit to LOTR, though I'm not excited over a film adaptation, and rather Jackson do it for the sake of completeness. But hey, like the book, could be fun.

Blasphemers! :miura:
Deci said:
Can't wait for the Hobbit, and I agree with Walter, I liked it more than LOTR.

Interestingly, going over to Terminator 4 for a sec, Arnold was seen on set! And he wasn't just stopping by to say hello, apparently they're going to do some kind of movie magic and have his face plastered on this new muscle man's body, and he's doing voice overs as well. That's great news.

That's unsettling.

Well don't get your hopes up, rumor is they want to keep Topher Grace for some messed up reason beyond understanding.. even though he was supposed to be dead at the end of Spidey 3.

As is this.

Samuel yells in response, "How's it taste muthaf#ckas!"
Well I didn't have anything insightful to add during this post, ah well.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless

Yep, and that's why it's not true.

I read the Hobbit and enjoyed it, although with some reservations. On LOTR i couldn't get pass the first third of the second book. Too boring.
My favourite Tolkien is by far The Silmarillion. It's so epic and more mature than the rest of his stuff. Well it seemed that way to me when i read it in my teens (i was probably 14)

Oburi

All praise Grail
I love all of Tolkien works. The Hobbit is a great read because its short, simple and the way the narration is makes me laugh. I like TLOTR 's trilogy equally but for different reasons. It' much more epic and serious, though it does tend to get a little boring. Tolkien wasn't that great of an action writer and so though battles weren't anything fun to read.

X

Xem

<3 Aronofsky, will have to look into that. :D

NightCrawler said:
Yep, and that's why it's not true.

Well we don't know that, though I should've mentioned that it's a "rumor", since there hasn't been an official announcement outside of "we're trying to get arnold in it in some way, but we aren't going to answer how" kind of response.

This was my source for the other material.

I should make it clear, i have varous contacts in WB and from what i've been told the fans are in for a treat. The premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The Younger version of Arnie). It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production. You have to remember, Arnold's commitments are preventing his return to the movie business and this seems the best logical way to ensure his involvement.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/the-dark-knight-meets-mr-freeze-5357

Apparently the contact has been reliable in the past, so we'll see. I have a hard time imagining a Terminator without Ahhhnold.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Oburi said:
I love all of Tolkien works. The Hobbit is a great read because its short, simple and the way the narration is makes me laugh. I like TLOTR 's trilogy equally but for different reasons. It' much more epic and serious, though it does tend to get a little boring. Tolkien wasn't that great of an action writer and so though battles weren't anything fun to read.

LOTR is not a trilogy.

Deci, latinoreview is not to be trusted. Their rumors are usually false. Recently it was the bogus pg-13 Punisher rumor.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
NightCrawler said:
Deci, latinoreview is not to be trusted. Their rumors are usually false. Recently it was the bogus pg-13 Punisher rumor.

Hell only 1/20th of the rumors they start ever come true, but after the pg13 Punisher rumor [this is of course after the redband trailer came out] I find it hard that anyone believes them.

Go see Burn After Reading. Everyone.

I tried to see that yesterday, but my brother wouldn't go. What should I do?

Go see Burn After Reading. Everyone.

More on that later.

So, I'm hearing that this movie is the new Big Lebowski. To me even saying that is sacreligious, but I am curious if you or anyone who has seen it believes this is warranted.

I'm going to see it soon either way, but anything to help move the discussion along and away from Shyamalan. :chomp:

I love the Coen bro's movies, but this new one Burn After Reading looks terrible, but I'm just basing that on the commercial teaser for it. Despite such a great line of movies, the Coens have put out a few that I just couldn't stand. I'll always stand by my theory that Barton Fink is their greatest creation, though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
aufond said:
I love the Coen bro's movies, but this new one Burn After Reading looks terrible, but I'm just basing that on the commercial teaser for it.  Despite such a great line of movies, the Coens have put out a few that I just couldn't stand.  I'll always stand by my theory that Barton Fink is their greatest creation, though.
Big Lebowski is their greatest work, no question. It's my favorite comedy though, so Im a bit biased. Now, Burn after reading looks great and I look forward to it.

But I can't imagine basing one of their movies off a trailer. The Big Lebowski one was really unreliable. Either way, I enjoyed the Burn After Reading trailer.

The pacing is tight and quick throughout. When it was over, and I left the theater, I was convinced the movie was only 30 minutes. It's really quite a feat to make a film where the passage of time is not noticed; it was that enjoyable.
The laughter builds as the film progresses, too. It's not terribly concerned with being a laugh riot right away. The last scene/conversation, however, is brilliant. And completely earned.
If you compare this to Big Lewbowski, and honestly expect something like that, you might be disappointed. It's definitely different; it just feels different.

It's probably not for everyone, but it was definitely for me.

Walter said:
Big Lebowski is their greatest work, no question. It's my favorite comedy though, so Im a bit biased. Now, Burn after reading looks great and I look forward to it.

But I can't imagine basing one of their movies off a trailer. The Big Lebowski one was really unreliable. Either way, I enjoyed the Burn After Reading trailer.

Big Lebowski is great, no doubt, but I prefer their darker films. That's one reason I don't really like how Burn After Reading looks, I have seen all their films despite being turned off by some, and plan and seeing Burn After Reading at some point as well. I just don't like their style a lot of the time, especially with their comedies. Burn After Reading seems like one that I will dislike, I get that feeling after watching 3 seconds of the commercial. I won't entirely base my opinion off a trailer, but I'm also not gonna run to the theater immediately over this one as well. Hell, I really hope when I do see it, my instincts are proved wrong and it's another of their greats.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'll have to agree and say Burn After Reading was not for everyone but if you like weird quirky comedies you should go see it. I thought everyone who starred in the film did a fantastic job, especially Brad Pitt. I was probably the only one in the audience who was not constantly checking the time on their cell phones. Hell, a few people actually got up and left during it.

An old couple after leaving the theater:
"That's one of the worst movies I've ever seen."
"Yeah, that's the last time Frank's allowed to pick the movie."
:ganishka:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
An old couple after leaving the theater:
"That's one of the worst movies I've ever seen."
"Yeah, that's the last time Frank's allowed to pick the movie."
:ganishka:

Hey don't hate on Frank, he has good taste. If it was up to the old lady they would have went to go see Mama Mia or some shit.

By the way has anyone seen Darjeeling Limited? I was going to watch that later and wanted to know if it was cool or not. I'm not expecting another masterpiece like Life Aquatic but I'll give it a shot.

Top Bottom