Movies to look forward to

handsome rakshas said:
By the way has anyone seen Darjeeling Limited? I was going to watch that later and wanted to know if it was cool or not. I'm not expecting another masterpiece like Life Aquatic but I'll give it a shot.
Hmmm, I need to see it again. I want to see it again. My friends all seemed to really connect with it, I didn't. I felt there was something that I missed, or perhaps it was missing something. Of course, at the time, I was incredibly excited about it; it was among a host of films last year that were highly anticipated.
I'd seen the short film Hotel Chevalier a month or two before I saw the movie and that only made me more anticipatory. The short film (which can be found online and at iTunes) I thought was the best thing that this Anderson had done. I loved Life Aquatic to my bones, but Darjeeling left me cold, and that made me sad.
But recently I've felt a strong need to see it again. Perhaps this time I'll be more receptive to it than before.

I don't really know what else to say about it right now that wouldn't possibly ruin some aspect of it for you. The short film should play before the movie on DVD (as it did in theaters), so maybe you should wait to see it with the film, instead of as a separate entity (though they do certainly feel like it).
I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I just finished watching Hotel Chevalier and it was just beautiful. I loved how vibrant the room looked and I loved all the knick-knacks that decorated it. The nudes scenes with Natalie Portman were very tasteful and beautiful, I liked the pose she took when she was leaning on the dresser and how he put the robe on her in slow motion. The thing that shook me the most was the last song that was played, "Where do you go to (My Lovely)". I'm going to have to go grab that song, it was wonderful. I can't wait too see the whole movie Green, I'm going to watch it when I have nothing else to distract me so I can sink it in properly. Thanks!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
I just finished watching Hotel Chevalier and it was just beautiful. I loved how vibrant the room looked and I loved all the knick-knacks that decorated it. The nudes scenes with Natalie Portman were very tasteful and beautiful
Yes I particularly found her ASS beautiful during the BLOWJOB scene :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://movies.ign.com/articles/910/910067p1.html

Vin is returning for another XxX movie.  Poor Vin. He just can't stay away. Just when he thought he was out... they PULL HIM BACK IN.

Oburi

All praise Grail
The Perineum Falcon said:
Official trailer for Synecdoche, New York:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3530122/9776092

Lookin' good.

Yea that looks good. Can't wait.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0893499/

Inside Man 2 ? I actually enjoyed the first one so I think it's kinda cool that Spike will continue the story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Seeing Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter sounds pretty cool, though.

I agree, though at this point I'm starting to feel like he's typecast to be honest. Might as well rename himself Zany Depp if it keeps going.

Aazealh said:
I agree, though at this point I'm starting to feel like he's typecast to be honest. Might as well rename himself Zany Depp if it keeps going.
I guarantee he'll be playing Willy Wonka again. Fucking lame. :schierke:

I personally think they should've cast Tom Petty. :carcus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5H0wUo37RY

X

Xem

At the moment I'm looking forward to Appaloosa and the writer of City of God's new movie, Elite Squad.

Oburi

All praise Grail
yea I just heard about Appaloosa. looks cool. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800308/

I love westerns but havn't seen a recent good one in ages. Love this cast though so it could be something.

Life Aquatic was so great, so quotable. Darjeeling just isn't. It's good. But doesn't have the thing Life did.
Edit: After thinking about, in the opening scene we see Bill Murray (Hooray). A reminder of what made Anderson's last film so good. Then, he misses the train! He's outrun by Stretch. We get Stretch instead of Murray. That's just meh.

3:10 to Yuma is a good western outing IMO. Particularly the music.

Synedoche is def something that peaked my interest. Hoffman looked especially suited for what the trailer made him out to be.

Pirates 4? ...really? How much more insane-back stabbing, plot twisting madness is going to go down in this one? The Quest to Save Will Turner? No more.

Inside Man 2? ... $... Spike probably wants his new summer home to be on an island.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
:ganishka:

Man, I haven't heard of M. Night Shyamalan for a while. I had completely forgotten about him. Did Lady In the Water ever turn out to be good? He's also making a live action movie based on Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I just finished watching all of Avatar... that show was surprisingly amazing

X

Xem

Okay so apparently the Dragonball trailer is out.

check out http://dbthemovie.com/

I only post it for those who simply can't hold back their curiosity, for all others I strongly suggest to simply forget this ever happened. Truly sad.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Okay so apparently the Dragonball trailer is out.

check out http://dbthemovie.com/

I only post it for those who simply can't hold back their curiosity, for all others I strongly suggest to simply forget this ever happened. Truly sad.

Hahaha, you know I can't even get pissed or feel a sense of betrayal with what they're doing, because it just doesn't look like Dragon Ball at all. It's so loosely based that it seems practically unrelated to me.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Hahaha, you know I can't even get pissed or feel a sense of betrayal with what they're doing, because it just doesn't look like Dragon Ball at all. It's so loosely based that it seems practically unrelated to me.

Right? I take back comparing this to the MK films, atleast that resembled the source material. This on the other hand should be straight to dvd B-movie bargain bin.

X

Xem

Is Roshi true to the manga character? “Yes, somewhat,” said director James Wong. “We kept his main features, like his humor. But in the manga Roshi is a true sexual pervert, which wouldn’t work in a family film. So we removed that part of the character.”

“I discovered that Dragonball had such a rich universe that it would take several films to cover all of its treasures. My goal with this movie is not to convince existing fans that Dragonball is great, they already know this, but to give a new audience. More adults, as I was a neophyte myself before discovering the manga!”

Well he's sure going to give the existing fans a good reason to change their minds. I doubt you'll see any old DB fans running around yelling "DB rocks!" for a long, long while.

Also, I'm actually impressed that they managed to find the one of the few people in the world who aren't familiar with DB to direct the movie. That couldn't be easy.

I actually read a while back that the actors had to convince the director to let them where uniforms even resembling those worn in the manga. I wish they hadn't, they could've changed the name of the movie and no one would've known it was a DB movie, maybe inspired by DB, but that's it.

Top Bottom