Movies to look forward to

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SimplyEd said:
Truly! But just for the record, i would actually, really like to know how Christophe Gans would have handled a Watchmen adaption.
He would have ruined it like he does with all of his movies.

Like i mentioned before, he has shown the ability to stick quite close to the original work and not piss off most of the target audience.
He wasn't close to the original source material. It went from a Cult to a bunch of Christians that liked to roast witches.

I mean, he said himself that his Silent Hill movie was a definite tribute to the fans of the games. Of course, i'm not that naive to actually believe that something like a perfect adaption could ever be achieved.
It was more like a kick to the balls and he could have just just made a movie that took place in Silent Hill that was canon with the storyline to the games, but was an original story. Instead he did a remake of the first game and then shit on it.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
He would have ruined it like he does with all of his movies.
He wasn't close to the original source material. It went from a Cult to a bunch of Christians that liked to roast witches.
It was more like a kick to the balls and he could have just just made a movie that took place in Silent Hill that was canon with the storyline to the games, but was an original story. Instead he did a remake of the first game and then shit on it.

Yeah, i admit that i have a more favourable opinion of the Silent Hill movie. And i admit that the storyline could have been way more original, but, as i said, i really enjoyed that movie nonetheless. It's not that much of a remake of the first game but rather a mixed bag of elements from parts 1-3. And i do think that most of these elements were depicted just about right. Not everything, of course, but much of it did "feel" like Silent Hill. That's more than i can say about supposedly "faithful" adaptions with a twist, like Watchmen.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

Star Trek trailer in high quality. Gotta say, love the classic uniforms.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Griffith said:

That looks sick in Full HD! Can't wait for the BR-D release, since i've already decided that this one is a must-buy! :carcus:

Griffith said:

Agreed, Also Sylar makes a great Spock, lol. However "Buckle Up" kinda put me off the trailer abit, nevertheless I think this will be a good movie.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Coming from a guy who has never seen a single Star Trek movie I have to say it's looking good. The choice of cast is very interesting, Simon Pegg and the guy from Harold and Kumar?

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Now back to talking about good movies: the AICN Spike Jonze interview about Where the Wild Things Are; http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39145

That interview has revitalized my interest. I can't wait!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ugh, find out the truth, Google search it dudes. I hope someone makes a site that'll come up in the top 10 results basically saying, "THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK!"

Anyway, speaking of movies to look down to and the end of the world, I gotta let off some steam. I just saw AVP2 tonight, and oh my God, appalling doesn't begin to describe it. A soulless and sloppy paint by numbers mash up of rehashed scenes thrown into a slasher/zombie movie template, all done to the lowest degree. Save for unintentional comedy, and it did have plenty of that, it had no other redeeming value or level in which it worked, and was just about the worst exploitation I've ever seen. Let me put it another way, it makes the first AVP seem ambitious, substantive, and classic by comparison.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Griffith said:
Ugh, find out the truth, Google search it dudes. I hope someone makes a site that'll come up in the top 10 results basically saying, "THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK!"

Anyway, speaking of movies to look down to and the end of the world, I gotta let off some steam. I just saw AVP2 tonight, and oh my God, appalling doesn't begin to describe it. A soulless and sloppy paint by numbers mash up of rehashed scenes thrown into a slasher/zombie movie template, all done to the lowest degree. Save for unintentional comedy, and it did have plenty of that, it had no other redeeming value or level in which it worked, and was just about the worst exploitation I've ever seen. Let me put it another way, it makes the first AVP seem ambitious, substantive, and classic by comparison.

I will never watch that movie. And i actually think they couldn't have done better with AvP. The concept is stupid do begin with.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
I will never watch that movie. And i actually think they couldn't have done better with AvP. The concept is stupid do begin with.

Oh come on now, the concept has potential. With space marines on a distant planet, following the original concept basically, it could have been fantastic. Basically Aliens meets Predator. But no, they had to ruin it.

Ramen4ever said:
http://ningin.com/mediastream/item:show/2008/11/21/megaman-movie-official-trailer/
uhh...

For a low budget movie that actually looks pretty good, the only thing missing is Dr. Wily's ecentric hair style. Also I like how the TFmovie music was used in this, Roll is Kawaii. Nuff said.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Low budget or not, that doesn't look entertaining at all... not even in a campy way. From that trailer, I almost wish that Uwe Boll was making it, since then at least it would have enough stolen government money for a few decent actors and some higher quality effects. I guess it doesn't matter, I would weep over the final product regardless.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Ramen4ever said:
http://ningin.com/mediastream/item:show/2008/11/21/megaman-movie-official-trailer/
uhh...

Hmm, for some reason i had a flashback from the old Zeiram movies, after watching this. But yeah, looks nice enough for a no-budget production, at least, i do not feel offended by watching that trailer.^^

Top Bottom