Movies to look forward to

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Walter said:
Why would you mention him over the Last Action Hero?

Well, I would say because the Last Action Hero is a flabby husk of what he once was. JCVD is still in pretty good shape, if the teasers from his new movie are anything to go by.

Skullgrin140 said:
The idea just springed into my head, Okay so maybe he cant act for shit but at least he is a good in a few of his movies.
Maybe his grasp of english leaves something to be desired, but from all the reviews I've read, his acting in his native French is exceptional.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
Maybe his grasp of english leaves something to be desired, but from all the reviews I've read, his acting in his native French is exceptional.

He's pretty good in his latest movie, but to be honest his grasp of French isn't very good in general.

Aazealh said:
He's pretty good in his latest movie, but to be honest his grasp of French isn't very good in general.
Haha, I figured you might have something to say about that.

This doesn't have anything to do with him being Belgian, does it? Hm? :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Perineum Falcon said:
Haha, I figured you might have something to say about that.

This doesn't have anything to do with him being Belgian, does it? Hm? :carcus:

Well it might have at some point, but to be honest nowadays it's more the sequels of his heroin addiction and his love for the USA that make it so. He's really notorious for his mingled (and usually perplexing) use of French and English here. There's some truly weird footage out there, but it's all in French unfortunately (or let's rather say it uses too much French for English speakers to get it).

The most famous, probably: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5JyCYKZws

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Aazealh said:
Well it might have at some point, but to be honest nowadays it's more the sequels of his heroin addiction and his love for the USA that make it so. He's really notorious for his mingled (and usually perplexing) use of French and English here. There's some truly weird footage out there, but it's all in French unfortunately (or let's rather say it uses too much French for English speakers to get it).

The most famous, probably: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5JyCYKZws

That was fuckin hilarious. If you know french it's even better :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thespirit/

Is anyone else finding these spirit trailers really, really cool. I like number two the best and you bet your ass I'll be seeing this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thespirit/

Is anyone else finding these spirit trailers really, really cool. I like number two the best and you bet your ass I'll be seeing this.

Personally I'm still not over the way they're handling The Octopus.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Aazealh said:
Personally I'm still not over the way they're handling The Octopus.

I saw the trailer last week. Pretty cool. I read this comic when I was in Korea, I read just a part of it since I was in a rush (didnt buy it) and I couldnt remember the name of it, all I remembered was that it did remind me of Sin City and Batman. It came to me last week, and I googled Frank Miller bio, then theres was this blog with a link to the movietrailer- The Spirit. But then again, the style is much different from Frank millers work. But I love classics. The one I read was pretty cool with a batman comic as well. Whos the writer of this series anyway?

Now I dont know if I should read comics first or just watch the movie...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
theblackswordman said:
Whos the writer of this series anyway?

Will Eisner. He created The Spirit in 1940 and is one of the fathers of US comic books.

theblackswordman said:
Now I dont know if I should read comics first or just watch the movie...

I'd read the original first if I were you, but that's just me.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Aazealh said:
Will Eisner. He created The Spirit in 1940 and is one of the fathers of US comic books.

I'd read the original first if I were you, but that's just me.

So does The Spirit movie tell everything from the beginning or what? Or is it like a new alternate beginning?
Also whats the best The Spirit comics to read?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
theblackswordman said:
So does The Spirit movie tell everything from the beginning or what? Or is it like a new alternate beginning?

From what we've seen it's going to be an alternate take.

theblackswordman said:
Also whats the best The Spirit comics to read?

No idea man, it's been ages since I read any and I wasn't that much into it anyway.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I thought I'd already seen that back at Comicon? Was that some hand-cam footage I saw many months ago?

No idea. It looks like it'll be entertaining. I wish Brian Singer was directing, though.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I didn't think the first two X-MEN movies were all that bad. I couldn't stand the third one. X2 was definitely the best of the three.

Top Bottom