Movies to look forward to

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I didn't think the first two X-MEN movies were all that bad. I couldn't stand the third one. X2 was definitely the best of the three.

Didn't like any of them much personally, at least from what I remember of them. But I agree that the third one was the worst of the bunch.

X

Xem

Interesting to see Gambit is going to be in the movie, is this supposed to be an alternate universe X-men movie, separate from the other movies? I don't really like what they're doing with Sabertooth in the movie, but I guess it's too soon to make a judgment call.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
NightCrawler said:
Some AICN reviewers are saying The Spirit is the worst movie ever made.

Haha, really? That sucks, I was thinking of checking it out. I'll wait and see what it gets on Rotten Tomatoes before I decide whether or not it's worth my 10 bucks.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
The Perineum Falcon said:
I could've told you that based on the trailer.

I've only seen some stills but yeah it looks shitty. Can't believe the produces let Miller direct this alone. Did they thought he actually co-directed Sin City? Ah!

Lines like "I'm gonna kill you all kinds of dead" should've been red flags right away.

Yeah, it's intentions are camp, but it still sounds fucking stupid.

Almost forgot about this thread.
I just recently watched Seven Pounds, starring Will Smith. For anyone that hasn't seen this movie, it's very good. Will Smith had a very solid performance, if you can watch the movie without being exposed to spoilers before hand.. all the better.
It is without a doubt one of the best movies of the year.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
Almost forgot about this thread.
I just recently watched Seven Pounds, starring Will Smith. For anyone that hasn't seen this movie, it's very good. Will Smith had a very solid performance, if you can watch the movie without being exposed to spoilers before hand.. all the better.
It is without a doubt one of the best movies of the year.

Glad you enjoyed it.  The reviews I read weren't very good, so I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Just saw the spirit last night. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Very noirish with lots of comedy. The one liners tried to hard sometimes and the Samuel Jacksons performance was over top, over acting. Some of the other actors, Eva Mendes are just face down bad. But even so it wasn't THAT bad because the film really does not take itself seriously. Like I said there is a lot of comedy, a little awkward at first but if your willing, it can be very funny. Special effects are top notch, much better than Sin City. So I was pretty glad to have saw it overall, however I don't think it'll leave a lasting impression. Nothing memorable...like Sin City or 300. Just a fun popcorn movie thats better than your average teen slasher film.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ramen4ever said:
F#cking hell.
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thegreenhornet/

Haha, oh no.

Just saw Valkyrie, I thought it was well done although I don't think I'll be seeing it again.  It's one of those onetime only movies for me, especially because one already knows what's gonna happen in the end.

Rhombaad said:
Haha, oh no.

Just saw Valkyrie, I thought it was well done although I don't think I'll be seeing it again. It's one of those onetime only movies for me, especially because one already knows what's gonna happen in the end.

Tom Cruise with an eye patch. I don't think I could handle that with a straight face. Plus its just another remake.
What would you give it out of 10?

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Oburi said:
Just saw the spirit last night. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Very noirish with lots of comedy. The one liners tried to hard sometimes and the Samuel Jacksons performance was over top, over acting. Some of the other actors, Eva Mendes are just face down bad. But even so it wasn't THAT bad because the film really does not take itself seriously. Like I said there is a lot of comedy, a little awkward at first but if your willing, it can be very funny. Special effects are top notch, much better than Sin City. So I was pretty glad to have saw it overall, however I don't think it'll leave a lasting impression. Nothing memorable...like Sin City or 300. Just a fun popcorn movie thats better than your average teen slasher film.

...And you liked it?

Please don't put Sin City and 300 on the same box, just because of special effects.

Oburi

All praise Grail
NightCrawler said:
...And you liked it?

Please don't put Sin City and 300 on the same box, just because of special effects.

They are in the same box whether I liked it or not. Sin City, 300 and The Spirit are films that are (or try to be) direct comic book adaptations based on Frank Millers work, except for the Spirit which is a comic by Will Eisner and directed by Miller in his debut solo directing effort. All three films were shot almost entirely on green screen with digital cameras. Thats why for the spirits trailer you see "From the makers of Sin City and 300". Even so, I specifically said that it was NOT memorable like Sin CIty or 300, but it does look better special effect wise.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Oburi said:
They are in the same box whether I liked it or not. Sin City, 300 and The Spirit are films that are (or try to be) direct comic book adaptations based on Frank Millers work, except for the Spirit which is a comic by Will Eisner and directed by Miller in his debut solo directing effort. All three films were shot almost entirely on green screen with digital cameras. Thats why for the spirits trailer you see "From the makers of Sin City and 300". Even so, I specifically said that it was NOT memorable like Sin CIty or 300, but it does look better special effect wise.

Sin City was as close as it ever will get to a comic book movie. Neither 300 or The Spirit were close to their source material.

Top Bottom