Movies to look forward to

Oburi

All praise Grail
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Sin City was as close as it ever will get to a comic book movie. Neither 300 or The Spirit were close to their source material.

I know... and agree. That's why I said "try to be", because Sin City is the only one that didn't change much going from a comic to a movie.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Oburi said:
I know... and agree.  That's why I said "try to be", because Sin City is the only one that didn't change much going from a comic to a movie.

I disagree, I don't think the other two movies even tried. Sure some of the dialog was there, but how much of the added shit with the queen did they need? Where as Sin City they added a lot of the parts they couldn't fit in the movie with the dvd release.

I'm still somewhat shocked that Frank "YOU RUINED MY ROBOCOP" Miller made a comic book adaptation of The Spirit.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I disagree, I don't think the other two movies even tried. Sure some of the dialog was there, but how much of the added shit with the queen did they need? Where as Sin City they added a lot of the parts they couldn't fit in the movie with the dvd release.

I'm still somewhat shocked that Frank "YOU RUINED MY ROBOCOP" Miller made a comic book adaptation of The Spirit.

Well 300 certainly tried, they just had to "make stuff up" to flesh the film out (the queen stuff just slowed it down horribly). The spirit took a lot of liberties though. And even though Sin City remains the best comic book adaptation they too changed things. If you read the comic while watching the movie you'll notice some very simple changes, for no apparent reason either.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Oburi said:
Well 300 certainly tried, they just had to "make stuff up" to flesh the film out (the queen stuff just slowed it down horribly). The spirit took a lot of liberties though. And even though Sin City remains the best comic book adaptation they too changed things. If you read the comic while watching the movie you'll notice some very simple changes, for no apparent reason either.

I have noticed, most of it has to do with they decided to start with The Big Fat kill instead of A Dame to kill for. Those changes were just really minor. Anyways, either pm me or just drop the conversation since this is getting horribly off topic.

I'll be brief since there's a waiting line for computer usage:

Benjamin Button:
Good, but not as good as I'd hoped. The backwards aging made me more aware of how much time I spent watching this thing, and it felt looooong. Perhaps too much time spent as old man.
Also, the experience of watching this may have affected my opinion, slightly. It was about, oh, 80-90 degrees in the theater, there were babies crying throughout and the row behind us wasn't really feeling the movie, so they'd talk about it and one guy yawned several times.
I guess that's the danger of seeing these things Christmas Evening.

Milk:
VERY good. Cinematography was beautiful. No assholes were watching this either, so that added some points.

W.:
I'll be honest, I wasn't, er, in my right mind when I saw this, but I still think this is horribly boring and it put me to sleep.

That's it 'til later.

X

Xem

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I stand by my decision to see Punisher Warzone instead of those other movies. I'll make sure to check out Milk at least.

I'm dead set on seeing the new Punisher movie as well.

A couple other movies that have been brought to my attention are Doubt, with Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Good, with Viggo Mortensen. Of the two, I think Good looks more appealing to me.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/doubt/ - Doubt

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/good/ - Good

I know I've been running around saying I wanted to the The Spirit, but I've gotten enough heads up that I'm confident that I'll wait for a DVD release at this point.

Just saw the trailer for the film 9, it looks quite good. Check it out.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/9/

Oh yeah The Spirit came out on today in the UK so I am definelty gonna see without listening the negative response from the critics.

New? Japanese Watchmen trailer. I haven't seen it with sound so I don't know what's being said but there are a few clips that I haven't seen before.
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/watchmen/japanese-trailer

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ramen4ever said:
New? Japanese Watchmen trailer. I haven't seen it with sound so I don't know what's being said but there are a few clips that I haven't seen before.
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/watchmen/japanese-trailer

What's with all the stuff they added with Kennedy?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I believe in the film that The Comedian is supposed to have been the one who assassinated JFK. I don't recall this being mentioned in the graphic novel.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I tell you, Watchmen just sounds better and better! So, they'll take material out because the movie would be too big otherwise, but still have enough room to add new shit? It's starting to sound like the Berserk anime :azan:

Top Bottom