Movies to look forward to

Griffith said:
Back to Star Trek...

I think it should also be pointed out that while the original Star Trek had an old school rough and tumble edge, and that action, adventure and sex are in no way out of character with it, it was also one of the most intellectual and thought provoking shows of it's time, if not ever on television, far more culturally significant than anything which proceeded it. The show had great science fiction writers working on it, it was a true science fiction show, but it also dealt with challenging themes and issues of the day; world peace, world war, religion, sexism, racism, and equality of all kinds, it even featured the first interracial kiss in TV drama. It was also subject to heavy interference and censorship, but still one of the only shows I know that was recognized by Martin Luther King himself for its importance.

QFT.

Unfortunately, "Intellectual" is the last thing I'd call the new Star Trek film. It seems to be more concerned with explosions than Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future. I can just see it now.. Kirk at a bar, paying for a drink with money that's not supposed to exist in the future.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Unfortunately, "Intellectual" is the last thing I'd call the new Star Trek film. It seems to be more concerned with explosions than Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future. I can just see it now.. Kirk at a bar, paying for a drink with money that's not supposed to exist in the future.

J.J. Abrams presents

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I don't expect this movie to live up to that legacy, but then again, the other movies largely don't either. I just hope it's good and entertaining.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
David Hayter, AKA Solid Snake, has formed his own movie studio: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118001251.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

My question is, where'd be get the capital for this little venture? He's still a pretty much niche player in the industry.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
David Hayter, AKA Solid Snake, has formed his own movie studio:

Dark Hero studio's first film bombed at the box office today leaving many to blame David Hayter, renowned screen writer for "X-Men," "X2" and "The Scorpion King" (he co-wrote "Watchmen"). Hayter was last seen leaving his office with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a revolver...

Griffith

Walter said:
My question is, where'd be get the capital for this little venture? He's still a pretty much niche player in the industry.

X-Men: $296,339,527
X2: $407,711,549
The Scorpion King: $165,333,180
Watchmen: $136,718,829+

I'm sure he has investors, and I think he might be more of a niche player in our minds, where he's still Solid Snake, than in reality, where he's a professional screenwriter with over a billion dollars in worldwide box office to his credit.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
wtwtad.jpg

Griffith

Who needs to see finished footage? It's already the best poster/movie ever. But don't look now, there's a challenger on the horizon...

thegorilladidit.jpg

HOLY SHIT! :isidro: I'M... I'M... I'MM CUUMMMIINNNGGGG!!!! :mozgus:

Sly getting ready for The Expendables:
opbbjd.jpg

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=12520

Also, Whitaker is out. 50 cent is in.
And some info on the story.
http://www.cinematical.com/2008/11/06/stallone-statham-and-li-are-the-expendables/
Not much though. Here's some more, lol:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39600

Sounds like fun. Just plain simple fun.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Hmm, i'm not so sure about that Sly thing there...

I'm still looking forward to the new Star Trek movie, it's practically around the corner by now. Apart from that...i'm just sad i don't have good footage of Bill Murray getting in shape for Ghostbusters 3.^^

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Walter said:
His body looks like it's composed of paper mache.
If you missed it, there's a video of him working out in the first link where he looks much more solid. From that picture though it looks like he's dying...

Either way I am all for popcorn action flicks, so bring it on!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
That will not prevent me from seeing the movie. :slan:
In addition, Stallone has revealed that Stone Cold Steve Austin has joined the cast, which is already comprised of Sly, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Charisma Carpenter.
:isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

:daiba:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Hey come on man, thats ancient history. She was going through a tough time in her life. She's still a great actress, usually.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Yes it does! She is great person!!! maybe the greatest person eva!

I disagree with you. She might be ok, but I only know of her acting career. So for greatest eva, I think you are going just overboard.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
I disagree with you. She might be ok, but I only know of her acting career. So for greatest eva, I think you are going just overboard.

Yea no shit, I was joking. In a way I was agreeing with Aaz by saying that just because someone is a great actor or actress doesn't mean they are a great person. Note my sarcasm.

Top Bottom