Movies to look forward to

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Back on topic:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/drag_me_to_hell/?critic=creamcrop

Good call, let's leave the dreadfulness on the last page or in the other thread. I'm pleased Raimi's horror comeback is well-received.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
宮本 グリフィス said:
Good call, let's leave the dreadfulness on the last page or in the other thread. I'm pleased Raimi's horror comeback is well-received.

Haha, same here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Back on topic:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/drag_me_to_hell/?critic=creamcrop

Nice! It's not often that great movies get mediocre trailers nowadays, glad it was the case with this one.

Gaspar Noé's latest film Enter the Void has apparently been shown at Cannes. I wonder how long it will be before it finds distribution elsewhere, particularly the states.. Hopefully not too long, the anticipation is killing me!

Here's a short interview with the man about the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgzP_NvvPsM

Griffith

aufond said:
Here's a short interview with the man about the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgzP_NvvPsM

(That's not how to have an astral projection.)>:schierke:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'm dreading Noe's next movie.

Why? I can't wait! The guy makes the most fucked up shit. This is what his third film? It's going to be an experience.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I love his movies, but this one looks like

dismissivewank.gif

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
http://filmdrunk.lg1x8.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dismissivewank.gif

I love it when an image like that is so perfectly titled.

Possibly some good news on Predators.

"What direction is Predators, 20th Century Fox's latest entry in the Predator franchise, going in? Remake? Sequel? It appears it may be the latter.

Shepherd Robert Rodriguez (Planet Terror), according to a Moviehole tipster is "considering this an official sequel to John McTiernan's film." And because of this, Rodriguez people have reached out to Arnold Schwarzenegger to participate in the film in some capacity. "Like Terminator, they know Schwarzenegger's a vital ingredient of the franchise. Ideally, Arnold will see it that way too. Ball is in his court now," says the site.

Reportedly Schwarzenegger's "Dutch" has been written into the script. The size of his part is unknown."

predator_l.jpg

Click

X

Xem

I went and saw a midnight showing of The Hangover last night. Pretty funny shit, even with all the barely 18 year-olds around us. However the trailer totally ruined the Mike Tyson portion of the movie, albeit it was a very small portion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Possibly some good news on Predators.

"What direction is Predators, 20th Century Fox's latest entry in the Predator franchise, going in? Remake? Sequel? It appears it may be the latter.

Shepherd Robert Rodriguez (Planet Terror), according to a Moviehole tipster is "considering this an official sequel to John McTiernan's film." And because of this, Rodriguez people have reached out to Arnold Schwarzenegger to participate in the film in some capacity. "Like Terminator, they know Schwarzenegger's a vital ingredient of the franchise. Ideally, Arnold will see it that way too. Ball is in his court now," says the site.

Reportedly Schwarzenegger's "Dutch" has been written into the script. The size of his part is unknown."

Aahhhh, now that's what I'm talking about. What would they do with Dutch though? Feature him as a retired old warrior turned UFO conspiracist? Could be fun. :ganishka:

Proj2501 said:

Picture doesn't show. Hotlinking is bad. :azan:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
It's too bad that the AvP movies didn't come about until recently. Seeing Dutch and Ripley taking on swarms of those extra-terrestrial bad guys would have been great.

Looking forward to seeing Lars Von Trier's movie "Antichrist".

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I went to see Up tonight and highly recommend checking it out if you're a Pixar fan. It's definitely one of their best.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Rhombaad said:
I went to see Up tonight and highly recommend checking it out if you're a Pixar fan. It's definitely one of their best.

I second that. I took my little sister to watch it and she gave it a thumbs up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I saw Up and was very underwhelmed. It's not bad by any means, but it's not fit to be among the other great Pixar movies.

I know it's an unpopular view, but I'm with you Walter.

This time around, despite the 'adult' underpinnings of death of a spouse etc., this one just felt too... baby-ish to me. There were way too many cliches and the whole thing felt sort of rushed or overall not really put together thoughtfully.

For instance, he flies up in his house, the most awaited part of the movie... and then after 1 storm they're at their destination? Really? He flew to South America in one day? Oy. That right there sort of killed the whole 'grand adventure' feeling that I thought they were pushing for.

That said, I didn't think it was a horrible movie, it had it's moments, just it was far from being one of their greats.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I've seen it before. Disappointing trailer. But i read it was cut by Weinstein, and has almost nothing to do with the movie. All those first apocalyptic shots are not in the movie, and Charlize's role is like 5min long. If that is true (i hope so), then the trailer is really misleading.

Top Bottom