Movies to look forward to

Oburi

All praise Grail
How about this?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178663/

Whatever Works. A new film by Woody Allen starring Larry David. I might just go see this simply because Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Aaand this looks interesting. Watch the trailer. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0986263/

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Oburi said:
How about this?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178663/

Whatever Works. A new film by Woody Allen starring Larry David. I might just go see this simply because Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Now there's something i'll watch.

X

Xem

So I went and watched this movie last night on On Demand. Apparently it's still in theatres so it cost me $7 to rent it.

deadsnow_l200906191135.jpg

I actually had pretty high hopes for this movie, and it... well... sorta delivered. The character development was completely unnecessary and pretty annoying. At least the dubbing was bad enough to be entertaining. The gore was cheesy, but fun, and the Evil Dead references (when the two guys find a bunch of weapons in a shed, the chainsaw moments, and one of the guys cutting his own arm off because it was infected, are some examples) were enough for me to not have too many complaints.

Of course, the zombies are Nazi's, which at first seemed cool... and it was to an extent. But they weren't really zombies. They could think, strategize, felt pain to an extent, and one of them even says "ARISE!" in German. Honestly, I'd recommend it to B-movie fans and maybe to gore fans, but not to many else. The movie got really hyped, and I didn't really see anything too special about it.

edit:: I put this in Look Forward To because it really was a fun watch, and I'm not capable of putting a fun-to-watch zombie movie in the Dread section.

Oburi

All praise Grail
O nice dude. I was going to post the trailer for this anyway. I can't believe you saw this on demand. What's it under just new realeses?

X

Xem

Yea I was surprised too, check the "Same Day as Theater" or whatever it is section. If not, just look under "All New Releases".

I will admit, as is such for all B-grade zombie movies, find a friend or two and a few beers before watching. Also, their is some CGI blood, though done in a "tasteful" way, I figure I should warn you. All in all, it's a pretty fun/funny movie. You should enjoy if you can sit through the first half hour or so of it. Once they find the shed full of weapons it really picks up... in a "I'm gonna mutilate a bunch of zombies" kind of way.

New Trailer for Inglourious Basterds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUV-bTqm5ss

(don't bother watching NightCrawler, you probably won't like it. :casca:)

Wouldn't look so bad if it weren't for Brad Pitt, his character is already annoying and I've only seen 2 minutes worth. Eli Roth just makes it look all that much worse.

I'll still see it to give QT the benefit of the doubt, but so far, I'm not impressed in the slightest.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
The Perineum Falcon said:
New Trailer for Inglourious Basterds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUV-bTqm5ss

(don't bother watching NightCrawler, you probably won't like it. :casca:)

It's a guilty pleasure mate. I'll probably see it just to talk shit about it ^^

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I can tell just from the color scheme, let along the makeup. These look like misfit extras from Batman Returns.

Oburi said:
Yea this will be his 7th film with Depp.

alice3x.png
alice4.png

I'm excited about it :serpico:

Hehe me as well, I don't think I have ever been disappointed With a Tim Burton film ever. By the way is that Anne Hathaway in the 1st picture :carcus:

slan69 said:
I don't think I have ever been disappointed With a Tim Burton film ever.
Really? So you liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory??!??

I don't know how I feel about this yet. I hope it'll be good great, but with Burton these days, you never can tell. It seems like most things he's done in the past years have either been REALLY bad or mediocre.

This makes it seem more promising:
alice-topper.jpg

but I'm mostly afraid the cgi will be distracting (much like it was in Charlie), and I already have very strong images from the books in my head and they looked better than this. :troll:

Ahaha don't worry I was only talking about the good Tim Burton movies that I have seen which is why I said that I have yet to be disappointed by his films :troll:

Oburi

All praise Grail
The Perineum Falcon said:
Really? So you liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory??!??

I don't know how I feel about this yet. I hope it'll be good great, but with Burton these days, you never can tell. It seems like most things he's done in the past years have either been REALLY bad or mediocre.

This makes it seem more promising:

but I'm mostly afraid the cgi will be distracting (much like it was in Charlie), and I already have very strong images from the books in my head and they looked better than this. :troll:

Yea Charlie... was horrible, but Sweeney Todd on the other was amazing (at least for me). Burton still has potential to make great films, but it's usually a hit or a miss for me. He either makes a great film that i ca watch over and over again or a piece shit one that I'll never watch again. I'm hoping this will be one of the great ones :guts:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Meh, never was a big Burton fan. I find all of his movies to be over hyped and boring, except for the Batman ones. What's next? Tim Burton remaking A Clockwork Orange in cgi with Depp as Alex? Kill me now. :schierke: Just imagine all the 14-16 year olds wearing shirts that say Real Horrorshow or I <3 Ultra Violence that they bought at Hot Topic along with their Johnny the Homicidal Maniac messenger bags and My Chemical Romance records.
Edit: Oooh and how about Citizen Kane and Metropolis Burton remakes while we're at it? :troll:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I like him for his original stuff. Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas. But Ed Wood was good too, as was Sleepy Hollow and Beetlejuice and Sweeney Todd. He's not that bad, I enjoy his style, not really many Gothic directors around so I can tolerate him.

Darklink286 said:
Meh, never was a big Burton fan. I find all of his movies to be over hyped and boring, except for the Batman ones. What's next? Tim Burton remaking A Clockwork Orange in cgi with Depp as Alex? Kill me now. :schierke: Just imagine all the 14-16 year olds wearing shirts that say Real Horrorshow or I <3 Ultra Violence that they bought at Hot Topic along with their Johnny the Homicidal Maniac messenger bags and My Chemical Romance records.
Edit: Oooh and how about Citizen Kane and Metropolis Burton remakes while we're at it? :troll:

Well yea stuff like Charlie and the chocolate factory and Planet of the Apes is deff the over hyped shit he did. Mars Attacks is pretty shitty too. But it's not his fault all the emo kids go buy Nightmare stuff at hot topic. and I like My Chemical Romance :sad:

I'm looking forward to Peter Jackson's district 9. I like movies with a message and this is one is obviously about prejudice (a whole new race of beings for humans to ostracize.)

Has Blood the Last vampire been brought up? I watched the video without sound but from what I saw of the trailer the action is nice. Let's see if it does a good job of following the anime.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3720217113/

Top Bottom