Movies to look forward to

X

Xem

ori said:
Has Blood the Last vampire been brought up? I watched the video without sound but from what I saw of the trailer the action is nice. Let's see if it does a good job of following the anime.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3720217113/

I watched that trailer a while ago and was pretty let down by how their handling the Chiroptera. Honestly, the only Blood+ ever worth the time was the short anime movie they did a while back. The games are mediocre at best, same with the mangas, and the latest TV series was what literally turned me off from almost ever starting on another anime again.

However, the lead actress is pretty hot!

I never watched Blood+.....I saw a few minutes of it and wasn't that interested. I hear its great but any anime you have to watch from beginning to end. I just found that clip. So is this being based on the Blood the Last vampire movie, the Blood+ series or a combination of both? Also yes I like who they chose for Saya.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Splice

splice3.jpg

splice1.jpg

splice2.jpg

splice.jpg

Weird sci-fi with Sarah Polley and Adrien Brody and produced by Guillermo del Toro looks interesting. It's suppose to be violent too. Stupid name for a film though.

Anytime I hear that Jean-Pierre Jeunet has a new film, I take a considerable amount of interest. Amélie provided that first great spark of love for french and France/Paris many many years ago, and I've enjoyed each of his films ever since (except for Alien: Ressurection; I never actually got through it), and so - as I've said - when I hear he has a new film coming out like Micmacs a tire-larigot, I pay close attention.

Twitchfilm has a brief summary up (though it doesn't really explain too much, but maybe enough considering...?), as well as 8 teasers based around specific characters. There are some very recognizable faces, and only one do I see is, unfortunately, missing - Mlle Tautou. =(

Anyway, it looks like fun:

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/more-of-jeunets-micmacs-lots-more

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Saw Public Enemies last night. It was alright, pretty light on character development, but Depp was pretty cool. The shootouts were pretty incredible, although I think shooting the entire thing, including all the interiors, with HD cameras was a little much.

Rhombaad said:
Saw Public Enemies last night. It was alright, pretty light on character development, but Depp was pretty cool. The shootouts were pretty incredible, although I think shooting the entire thing, including all the interiors, with HD cameras was a little much.
yeah, that was one of the things that turned me off from the trailers; i can't stand the look of video. i dunno, something just turns me off about it, especially when it's too obviously video. and especially for a period piece, it's just such a strange decision to make. other than that, i thought it looked pretty entertaining, but i've heard some very blah thing about it.

X

Xem

I saw Public Enemies last Wednesday, and yeah, they kinda failed at the character development. Other than that it was pretty good. Also, the trailers ruin a few of the what-would've-been good lines in the movie. That's what I get for watching the trailer ~10 times or so I guess.

Definitely some good acting and action scenes though.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Deci said:
I saw Public Enemies last Wednesday, and yeah, they kinda failed at the character development. Other than that it was pretty good. Also, the trailers ruin a few of the what-would've-been good lines in the movie. That's what I get for watching the trailer ~10 times or so I guess.

Definitely some good acting and action scenes though.

The Alice in Wonderland looks pretty interesting. For anyone wondering just "why" Helen Carter is in a lot of Burton films these days well she is engaged/married to Tim Burton.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Death May Die said:
The Alice in Wonderland looks pretty interesting. For anyone wondering just "why" Helen Carter is in a lot of Burton films these days well she is engaged/married to Tim Burton.
I think everyone knows that. They have two children together also.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Just wanted to ask if anyone else watched Burn After Reading? I just finished it and I loved it, it was fucking hilarious. I cant believe I waited this long to watch it. Always watch Coen brothers movies as soon as fucking possible!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
Just wanted to ask if anyone else watched Burn After Reading? I just finished it and I loved it, it was fucking hilarious. I cant believe I waited this long to watch it. Always watch Coen brothers movies as soon as fucking possible!

I saw it when it first came out and loved it. It's definitely not their best film, but it was pretty damn good. The last scene with J.K. Simmons was hilarious.

Oburi said:

I was going to watch this movie but then decided not to, well I guess I shall check it out and watch it since I here the reviews are pretty good :slan:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Rhombaad said:
I saw it when it first came out and loved it. It's definitely not their best film, but it was pretty damn good. The last scene with J.K. Simmons was hilarious.

I completely agree.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:

You just reminded me that I need to watch it. I remember the trailer was promising.

It got a lot of flack when it came out because it was SUCH a light comedy after No Country. Sure, there's violence and a dark humor to it, but nothing on the level of the Coens' other films (like Big Lewbowski and Fargo).
But, yeah, I absolutely loved the movie, laughing more than not. It's certainly not their best, and it didn't really stay with me for very long, but it's highly enjoyable while you're watching and it didn't feel that long either. When it was over I asked my friends how long it was, cause it felt like 30 mins. That's how quick the pacing is, especially compared to No Country.

LATE BREAKING EDIT!!!!1!!!:
Okay, I know this isn't real, but if it WERE the real trailer, this would be the greatest movie of all time.

2012: It's A Disaster!

Can you imagine what the world would be like if that were the actual advertising campaign?!

Top Bottom