Movies to look forward to

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
What?
Sacha is a comedy genious.

I like him too, buuuuuut...

dismissivewank.gif

Yeah, let's not go nuts throwing the word "genious" around.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
宮本 グリフィス said:
I like him too, buuuuuut...

dismissivewank.gif

Yeah, let's not go nuts throwing the word "genious" around.

Can we agree on "one of the few comedy geniuses alive"? At least he's doing something different.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
Can we agree on "one of the few comedy geniuses alive"? At least he's doing something different.

We can agree he's provocative and often funny, but you're going to have to leave me behind at that point.

http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/bruno_a_success said:
'Brüno' A Success
Brüno, the new film from Sacha Baron Cohen, screened this weekend to critical and box office success. What do you think?

wdyt5.jpg

Paul Gillespie,
Systems Analyst
"Oh, that Sacha Baron Cohen. He's totally unpredictable. You never know what to expect from him unless you've seen all his other work."

wdyt3.jpg

Will McCaffrey,
Guest Services Representative
"I have Sacha Baron Cohen to thank for revealing the severe shortcomings and outright petty prejudices I and others share. I will now use this new self-knowledge to improve myself as a person, and be better to those around me."

:ganishka:

I'll take The Onion over him or Ebert any day. =)

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
宮本 グリフィス said:
We can agree he's provocative and often funny, but you're going to have to leave me behind at that point.

:ganishka:

I'll take The Onion over him or Ebert any day. =)

Yes, The Onion states the obvious by exagerating it. In that regard, i prefer Colbert.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Dude i think Alice in Wonderland is looking good. I'm not bothered by Depp at all. He seems amusing to say the least

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
Yes, The Onion states the obvious by exagerating it. In that regard, i prefer Colbert.

I like a good cheeseburger, but I still prefer filet mignon. Anyway, I didn't see any exaggeration in the piece I quoted. =)

Oburi said:
Dude i think Alice in Wonderland is looking good. I'm not bothered by Depp at all. He seems amusing to say the least

It looks a little off, and not in that good perfectly twisted way, but more like in that Charlie and Chocolate Factory trying too hard for that way, and who were the principles involved in that one again? We're through the looking glass here people.

I'm surprised no one posted anything about this yet...
From ComingSoon.net

Gary Oldman just announced at the Warner Bros. Book of Eli panel that a third Batman film will go into production next year.

"I think the next Batman is next year," he told a fan who asked about when the long-awaited "Dark Knight" follow-up would hit, "We start shooting next year. You didn't hear that from me."

X

Xem

So I saw Bruno a few days ago, and it wasn't until I was about to sit down in the theater that I thought to myself, "Wait, the guy who made Borat, parading around as a European homosexual... oh god, I'm about to see a giant penis waved in my face, aren't I?"

Fuck knows why I didn't think about it sooner, but I got over it quickly and continued to laugh my ass off. Good movie, though a little too short. The interview with Ron Paul, and then Harrison Ford also.... hilarious.

Last night I saw Moon, also. Great movie, though I suggest not reading any reviews or synopsis... they ruin the plot. I wish I had friends like Gerdy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
Trailer for the new Tron movie is awesome:

http://dailycontributor.com/tron-legacy-official-trailer/6312/
I did dig it. And I've never actually seen Tron either, so no nostalgia hype.

CowTip said:

I don't know...looks okay. It's not wow-ing me though. Sure the graphics are great. I mean, they're supposed to be as for the audience that saw the original when it came out. Maybe I'm just getting sick of remakes.

Proj2501 said:
I'm surprised no one posted anything about this yet...
From ComingSoon.net

Gary Oldman just announced at the Warner Bros. Book of Eli panel that a third Batman film will go into production next year.

"I think the next Batman is next year," he told a fan who asked about when the long-awaited "Dark Knight" follow-up would hit, "We start shooting next year. You didn't hear that from me."

So, this kinda news flash has been going round for quite a while, but coming from different sources. I'd say, don't believe anything til you hear it from Nolan:

No "Dark Knight" Follow-Up Just Yet
By Garth Franklin
Saturday July 25th 2009 03:38PM

During "The Book of Eli" panel yesterday at the San Diego Comic Con, a fan asked Gary Oldman about the status of a potential third "Batman" film with Christopher Nolan at the helm.

A nervous Oldman gave the surprising response that it'll begin filming next year prompting a wave of articles from the geek community that the news was set and locked.

It ain't that clear though as in press interviews with iF Magazine a few hours later, Oldman was asked about what he said and he responded "Someone asked me [about the third BATMAN film] and I said, ‘I don’t know, next year? Two years away? It could be three years away.'"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:

Yeah, looks cool. I hope they'll manage to make something not too cheesy out of it.

I saw Bruno it had it's moments, still I couldn't stop looking at my watch waiting for the movie to end. Regarding movies to look forward Ninja Assasin looks like a fun movie to watch.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I saw Orphan, which was surprisingly good to me. I went into it expecting a generic devil possessing story, but it had a pretty good twist at the end, and was more of a thriller than a horror movie.
I was expecting a Monster type origin story while watching it though.

Top Bottom