Movies to look forward to

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Deci said:
I saw Extract, and I enjoyed it thoroughly!

No Office Space, but really, what movie is?

Eh, I thought it was okay. There were several laugh out loud moments, but the majority of the movie wasn't that funny, IMO. Glad you enjoyed it, though. And yeah, it's no Office Space. :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I want to see that movie "9" produced by Tim Burton and has the welcome home song by Coheed and Cambria playing through the trailer which makes it way more epic than the movie itself may be.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I'm really looking forward to 9, the movie Shane Acker directed, hopefully it'll still be good even though it has Burton as it's producer along with that obnoxious song in the trailer. :troll:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Just saw 9, it was pretty good, can't say I liked the ending though. Not awful or anything but I would have preferred to see it go in a different direction. I find it odd that some people are talking like conservatives won't like it because it has an anti-industry, anti-war feel to it, but as a liberal type I ended up feeling almost offended at how anti-science it was without, as far as I could tell, even meaning to be anti-science. That might just be because I get pissed off whenever a story conflates outright alchemy with science, though. It can be done right - Golden Compass did a great job with alchemical science - but it really gets up my nose when you're in a modern setting, and what you're looking at is clearly alchemy, but everyone in the story calls it science. Seriously, Ghostbusters science was way way less magical than the science in 9.

The characters were pretty broad too but what are ya gonna do. Everything was definitely cool as hell. Some plot points I didn't really get till near the end, and the end itself got muddled - I was sure the movie had pointed out the solution towards the end but what they actually did was totally different and didn't make a lick of sense to me.

Much darker than I expected though which was nice. :carcus:

Just came back from seeing 9 and Whiteout. 9 was over all good but kinda boring I liked some of the ideas used in the movie. Whiteout was better then I thought itted be, had some boring moments to but the investigation was interesting and it kept my attention.

I just wantes to comment back on district 9 , i thinking the movie must have been one of the movies that i have enjoyed in a while. I was at a poker game at a friends last week and was surprised how many people actually hated it, but then again even tho these are my friends they are the kind of people who thought transformers 2 is the most awesome movie ever.

I saw 9 and thought that while it was well executed, the plot had a lot of problems.

I mean really, if that 9 guy had never shown up, the main robot guy wouldn't have woken up in the first place and all those other automaton guys wouldn't have had to die. Yet they built 9 up like some kind of hero throughout the movie when in reality, if they'd just listened to 1, they'd all probably be alive and just fine. Also, a lot of it didn't make sense. That 'talisman' gave power to the evil computer brain, yet when 9 ripped it out, it still functioned? Why was it taking souls anyway? Maybe I missed the point, but I just don't see why there was a need to fight the brain in the first place other than 9 made a boo boo. Why would the scientist create them to destroy (if that's indeed why he created the automatons which is sort of what they state in the movie) the brain if it was already a pile of rubble in a building (the scientist had the power source?)?

I just saw Capitalism: A Love Story.

Wow. That was really something else. I don't know if I've ever felt more emotion over a documentary. He really sucker punches a lot of Americans in the gut. I know there's more to this story than what's presented here in the movie, but what he does show turns your stomach. Michael Moore has really worked out how to pull people's emotional strings.

The crowd I watched it with applauded at the end. I haven't seen that in a movie in awhile.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm looking forward to seeing Zombieland (hopefully tonight). The reviews have been great so far and it looks like a lot of fun.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I'm looking forward to seeing Zombieland (hopefully tonight). The reviews have been great so far and it looks like a lot of fun.
I'm so confused by that movie... it's a sequel to Adventureland? The comedy about a kid running an amusement park? I-I'm so ... confused. :???:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I'm so confused by that movie... it's a sequel to Adventureland? The comedy about a kid running an amusement park? I-I'm so ... confused. :???:

Haha, it is kinda funny that the same actor is in both movies. I'll let you know how it is. :guts:

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I saw Zombieland with my brother and a friend last night and we all had a great time. Many, many laughs to be had. It really was more of a comedy than horror flick, think Shaun of the Deadish, it didn't take itself seriously and I couldn't find flaw with it. Thumbs up here.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What movies are on everyone's radar for the rest of the year? The only one I'm looking forward to right now is Where the Wild Things Are.

Other than that... I'm assuming there will be a new Bond movie in 2010? 2011.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I completely forgot to post how I thought Zombieland was. Well, it was really funny and I enjoyed it immensely. It also has one of the best (if not the best) cameos I've ever seen in a film. I highly recommend it.

Walter said:
What movies are on everyone's radar for the rest of the year? The only one I'm looking forward to right now is Where the Wild Things Are.

I'm looking forward to Where the Wild Things Are, as well, but I also want to see Shutter Island, the new thriller by Martin Scorsese. That and there are a couple scary movies I'm interested in checking out: The Fourth Kind and Paranormal Activity. Also, the more times I see the trailer the more interested I am in seeing Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes. While it doesn't look anything like the Sherlock Holmes I'm used to reading, it does look like a lot of fun, and I love Robert Downey Jr. Other than that, there isn't much else I'm looking forward to seeing.

As for next year...The Wolfman!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I enjoyed the hell out of Zombieland too. I hope more movies are this much fun.

And yep I'm also lookin forward to Where the Wild Things Are and also to Sherlock Holmes, please god let it be not shit. It will be such fun if it is not shit.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Breed1Ghost said:
Damn I feel like the only one who has seen Pandorum. I thought this movie was awesome a great Sci-fi movie IMO anyone else see it?

The reviews were terrible, so I skipped it. For $10.00 a ticket the movie has to be pretty good for me to spend the money. Glad you enjoyed it, though! :serpico:

Hmm, let's see if I can remember them all, and some of these may have been or will be moved to next year, so, whatevs:

Where the Wild Things Are
Antichrist
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Shutter Island
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
The Road
The Lovely Bones
A Serious Man

I still feel like there are others to see.....

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I think the Lovely Bones looks pretty good, reminds me more of Peter Jacksons older thriller with Kate Winslet that I can't remember right now. Anyone?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
The Perineum Falcon said:
Hmm, let's see if I can remember them all, and some of these may have been or will be moved to next year, so, whatevs:

Antichrist
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Shutter Island
The Road
The Lovely Bones
A Serious Man

Wow, I completely forgot about The Road, The Lovely Bones and A Serious Man. Fantastic Mr. Fox looks pretty funny, I might check it out.

Oburi said:
Yea I think the Lovely Bones looks pretty good, reminds me more of Peter Jacksons older thriller with Kate Winslet that I can't remember right now. Anyone?

That'd be Heavenly Creatures. :carcus:

Rhombaad said:
The reviews were terrible, so I skipped it. For $10.00 a ticket the movie has to be pretty good for me to spend the money. Glad you enjoyed it, though! :serpico:

Thank you. It was pretty enjoyable I guess its what your into. I feel ya about taken a chance with movies but for me I go to costco to get 2 tickests for 15 not a bad deal. But anyhow I thought it was a good thriller.

Oburi

All praise Grail
The Perineum Falcon said:

Antichrist
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Shutter Island
The Road
The Lovely Bones
A Serious Man

Yea I'd say thats pretty much my list too. I'll admit that I'll prolly rush out to see Avatar too :farnese:

Top Bottom