Movies to look forward to

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Polanski is a good director, but still a rapist. We never should just "let that shit go."

Agreed. What he did is reprehensible, however great a director he may be.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I have no problem condemning the guy yet still enjoying the work he did. What kind of guy you are and what kind of work you can do are not always closely related. I'd have to guess that until very recently most of the world's art was crafted by assholes, anyway.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
I have no problem condemning the guy yet still enjoying the work he did. What kind of guy you are and what kind of work you I'd have to guess that until very recently most of the world's art was crafted by assholes, anyway.
I think assholes might be putting it a little harsh, but I've always believed that most people who produce anything great exhibit special or peculiar qualities that put them on the fringes of society. It's the price you pay :void:

Very well put Walter. I don't condone what he did either, but did you see that HBO documentary on him and the whole ordeal, they talked to the chick he slept with and even she wanted to drop the charges long ago, but the authorities didn't want to look like they'd let celebs get away with anything. Now they've caught up with him in Europe, after all this time for something that's not really so horrible, I think it's just shameful. That guy had one of the saddest lives and still managed to persevere as an extraordinary artist and one of the greatest filmmakers.

Speaking of Polanski and movies to look forward to, his new film the Ghost is scheduled for release next year. If the assholes would get off his back and let him finish his work..

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Please tell me what is not so horrible about drugging and raping a child. :azan:

Well, she was 13, and submitted to everything he offered her. It's not like he kidnapped a 5 year old and violently raped her before leaving her abandoned body to decompose in a container. It's one thing if the girl felt victimized and demanded justice, but she just wanted the damn judicial system to let it go as well.

I doubt Polanski's the biggest danger to society these days..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
:ubik:[/sarcasm]

None of this has anything to do with movies, so whether you guys want to condemn or defend Polanski at length in here, make sure it's based somewhat on cinema. Otherwise, ride your high horsies out of here before their legs get broken.

Back on topic: Prince of Persia still looks like crap, high production value crap, but still crap. BTW, in fairness, the shot of him flipping away from the wall of sand is cool. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
None of this has anything to do with movies,
Incorrect. Some leaked on-set footage for "Derailed: Anatomy of a Train Wreck" was recently released.

polanski-trainwreck.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I hate to say it, considering I've already badmouthed it quite a bit, but after watching the recent trailer for Avatar I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it. I don't expect it to be deep or anything, and I don't think it's going to be as groundbreaking as Cameron seems to think, but it looks like a good popcorn flick. I'm such a flip-flopper. :void:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Rhombaad said:
I hate to say it, considering I've already badmouthed it quite a bit, but after watching the recent trailer for Avatar I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it. I don't expect it to be deep or anything, and I don't think it's going to be as groundbreaking as Cameron seems to think, but it looks like a good popcorn flick. I'm such a flip-flopper. :void:

Its ok, I'm with ya :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
Its ok, I'm with ya :serpico:

Haha, I thought you might be. I'm easily swayed by the opinions of others; it's one of my major flaws. :farnese:

I'll see it for myself and make up my own mind about it afterwards.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Deci said:
I have to admit, I never saw the original Clash of the Titans, so I'm looking forward to this remake.

Teaser Trailer + Synopsis: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=60765

Ralph Fiennes as Hades, Liam Neeson as Zeus? Could be worse. :griffnotevil:

Ho..ly...shit... I'm sure the movie will not be nearly as good as I want it to but being a huge fan of the original I must say I'm really excited for this. Can't wait! Thanks Deci!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I saw the trailer last week and thought it looked comically bad, and considering my bad movie radar's 100% accuracy rate... I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you guys. :griffnotevil:

Agreed, Titans does indeed look like it may not deliver, one thing particularly off putting in the trailer is the musical score which just doesnt fit the style of the movie in the slightest.

Something I saw tonight that comes highly recommended to the people of the board is Harry Brown. For those that know nothing about it, it's a film starring Michael Caine as a retired marine where losing everyone close to him pushes him to slowly slip back into his old marine habits and avenge the death of a close friend who is killed by some kids on a local housing estate. Michael Caine is brilliant as always and even the unknown actors pull off some very convincing acting, making the scenes where Caines character could be in danger very tense.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
They need to make a Monster Hunter movie.... I know and I am conscious of what I am saying but... I just want it to happen. Maybe Uwe Boll and Michael Bay can team up.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Hey folks!

Originally, i wanted to post about how i'm actually looking forward to seeing Cameron's "Avatar" movie next month (even though i can't seem to shake off the feeling that the cg sequences don't quite fit in with the real-life actors) but then i saw how Ouji-sama is voting for a Monster Hunter movie adaption. Now that's something that could actually work out quite well as a cg movie, i think. I mean, it couldn't be any worse than those horribly botched "Transformers" flicks, right?

And while we're at it, i'd also like to suggest a "Bayonetta" movie. Doesn't matter who'd be in charge of that project since it would be one of those movies that work best without too much interference of such redundant cinematic aspects like plot or coherent narrative. I mean, it's not like a scantily-clad witch, who kicks some serious monster butt needs an enormous amount of tongue-in-cheek exposition for that matter. Unbelievers should probably check out the game to see what i'm getting at.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Went with a friend yesterday to see the premiere of the 2nd Gurren Lagann movie! It was fucking amazing! I left the theater with the same post-movie adrenaline high that I can only equate to how I felt after seeing 300 for the first time. I wasn't even a huge fan of the series and hadn't seen the second half of the anime, which is what the movie was based on. The last battle was so full of hotblooded, manly, non-logical energy that you couldn't help but get caught up in it :guts:. You'll love it if you loved the series and maybe even if you didn't quite care for it. The theater crowd was pretty awesome too, yelling along with the right parts and joking without it becoming obnoxious.
Sadly it was only a 2 night release for last night and tonight in Japantown's New People VizMedia theater, so everyone else will have to wait for the dvd. :void:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I think i've seen it all... More than 1 million views in just one month for a mediocre gag that runs out in the first 2min? Seriously, what's up internet people?

NightCrawler said:
I think i've seen it all... More than 1 million views in just one month for a mediocre gag that runs out in the first 2min? Seriously, what's up internet people?

Isn't it abit too early for Christmas, Mr. Grinch? :beast:

Top Bottom