Movies to look forward to

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rus said:
Hey IncantatioN did you know that Moon is going to be a trilogy? I really liked Moon (and the OST is simply said AMAZING)
I remember hearing that too, but couldn't find any credible source other than Wikipedia: "Jones is planning a follow-up film, titled Mute, which will serve as an epilogue to Moon. "Sam has agreed to do a little cameo in the next film," says Jones, who ultimately hopes to complete a trilogy of films set in the same fictional universe."

Walter said:
I remember hearing that too, but couldn't find any credible source other than Wikipedia: "Jones is planning a follow-up film, titled Mute, which will serve as an epilogue to Moon. "Sam has agreed to do a little cameo in the next film," says Jones, who ultimately hopes to complete a trilogy of films set in the same fictional universe."
That would be cool, but I think he was planning it before he heard about gross revenue. Anyway I hope he'll find a way to complete this trilogy.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I saw Toy Story 3 last Saturday and was thoroughly entertained. Pixar never seems to disappoint. Even their weakest entry IMO, Cars, is better than half the crap Hollywood puts out these days. I also watched Crazy Heart on Sunday afternoon. If you're a fan of Jeff Bridges, country music or good movies in general, I highly recommend you check it out. It has a few downer moments, but in the end it's a very positive movie with some great acting.

A few weeks ago my girl and I saw Machete. We both agreed the first 3/4 of the movie were awesome, but the ending was weak. It ended up being much better than I was expecting and I think it's definitely worth a rental.
Here's hoping they release Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I want a Berserk movie, :sad:

I'm sure u guys have discussed about a Berserk movie somewhere in this forum. (goes topic hunting)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
IncantatioN said:

Looks more like an easy F to me, with anything above a C- being quite difficult.

Truder said:
I want a Berserk movie, :sad:

I'm sure u guys have discussed about a Berserk movie somewhere in this forum. (goes topic hunting)

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=7747.0

The closest thing to it. Some good stuff in there, I still like Wally's poster, though he needs to push back that release date. BERSERK FOREVER! :badbone:

(I can't believe that thread's 4 years old, or that nobody did a Duke Nukem/Berserk crossover, "Always bet on Guts")

Griffith said:
Looks more like an easy F to me, with anything above a C- being quite difficult.
Haha! I just want to watch it, regardless ... for Emma.

I also wanna check out Never Let Me Go whenever it comes out. On tv, they show the advertisement for it, sort of like a trailer to promote it, and they mention something about the movie being a current 2001: A Space Odyssey with Drama or Science Fiction in it. That in itself puts me off, and I want to see it even more.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I recently watched that movie Splice. I don't know if it's out on dvd or anything but I remember people talking about it here. Anyway, I didn't really care for it. The creature effects were unique but the film seemed to be lacking something. It had some suspensefull scenes but there wasn't enough real substance. It actually reminded me of that movie Hollow Man, with better dialog ..etc. It wasn't even that violent, but it did have some really wacky scenes.
Like the dude having sex with the creature for no real reason other than he was horny at the time.
Kinda dumb. In fact I'd rather watch Hollow Man again before this just for the laugh.

X

Xem

Watched Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole in IMAX 3D and fully enjoyed it. The story actually surprised me a little... very medieval... although also very cookie-cutter. Even my friend who was skeptical ended up thanking me afterward for making him go.

Yes it's "a movie about owls", but keep in mind owls have gigantic adorable eyes and they fly everywhere - works great in 3D. Also, I'd go as far to say Zack Snyder lucked out with this new 3D craze... his style seems meant for it.

Unfortanatly there isnt really a great deal I am looking all that forward to film wise. However the trailers for films such as Skyline & Legend of the Guardians - Owls of Ga'hool have got me interested at the moment.

Owls of Ga'hool looks pretty awesome artistically but I can't bring myself to go see it due to what is most likely a very boring and cliche plot.

P

Pez

Is nobody else looking forward to Jackass 3D? I have begun to worry that I am the only person immature enough to still find humor in that crap...

Oburi

All praise Grail
I think I already posted earlier that I was going to see it. Some other members are immature enough too. Rhoombad maybe? :-)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
I think I already posted earlier that I was going to see it. Some other members are immature enough too. Rhoombad maybe? :-)

I'm not sure who this Rhoombad is, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. :guts:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I've seen both Jackass 1 & 2 on opening day. :guts:
I don't plan on missing this one either, so many fond moments.. like when they flipped over the golf cart in movie 1. :ganishka:
and when they did the bungee jump with Preston Lacy and Wee-Man in movie 2, wee man got slammed into the water. :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I want to see this, being a Lennon fan as I am. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1266029/

BTw, not really digging the layout of imdb. :azan:

EDIT- Oh shit, trailer for a new Coen bros movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403865/

Looks promising!

Top Bottom