Movies to look forward to

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

Name of the third Batman movie revealed to be: The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan also reveals that the Riddler won't be in the movie.

Also interesting:
Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.

CowTip said:
The Dark Knight Rises

This sounds really lame.

NjnIJ.jpg

CowTip said:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

Name of the third Batman movie revealed to be: The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan also reveals that the Riddler won't be in the movie.

Also interesting:

That's good news, imo. I can only hope that the next villain will be as good or as decent as Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker.
I'm thrilled that they aren't doing 3D.

Oh it's a big day for movie news I guess:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/breaking-news-james-camerons-next-films-are-avatar-2-3/

We just learned that James Cameron is telling Hollywood that Fox made a "huge" donation to his environmental green fund, and in return he committed to making the Avatar sequel and threequel his next films. That also caused him to withdraw from Sony Pictures' Cleopatra with Angelina Jolie, even though he'd told the studio that he'd always wanted to film the Queen Of The Nile's story.

Cameron will decide if he will shoot the films back-to-back after he completes the scripts, but the release of the first, as yet untitled sequel, is targeted for December 2014, with the third film contemplated for a December 2015 release.

This may or may not be something to look forward to.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CowTip said:
I agree. While I can understand why they're using it, the more you say it, the worse it sounds.

I'm curious why they chose to use "The Dark Knight" in the title again. Oh well, what really matters is whether or not the movie itself is any good. I loved Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and that's one of the worst movie titles in history.

CowTip said:
Oh it's a big day for movie news I guess:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/breaking-news-james-camerons-next-films-are-avatar-2-3/

This may or may not be something to look forward to.

I enjoyed the original film and I'm looking forward to seeing Pandora's oceans in the first sequel. I wonder what the plots will be like, though. Do the humans return? Or will an indigenous antagonist show up?

Oburi

All praise Grail
I hope for the Avatar sequels they don't do something like the Matrix sequels did and have one story continue over the next two films. I'd rather have two separate stories.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
I hope for the Avatar sequels they don't do something like the Matrix sequels did and have one story continue over the next two films. I'd rather have two separate stories.

Ditto. The only trilogy that ever worked for was Back to the Future.

Rhombaad said:
I'm curious why they chose to use "The Dark Knight" in the title again.

Well, The Dark Knight is the third highest-grossing film of all time in North America. That's the only reason they needed.

Anyway, since they got Tom Hardy for the film, I'm guessing they'll go with a lunatic murderer like Mr. Zsasz, or change a gimmicky villain enough to make him a little realistic.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I enjoyed the original film and I'm looking forward to seeing Pandora's oceans in the first sequel. I wonder what the plots will be like, though. Do the humans return? Or will an indigenous antagonist show up?

I'll save you the suspense: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lazarus_Effect :iva:

Eluvei said:
Anyway, since they got Tom Hardy for the film, I'm guessing they'll go with a lunatic murderer like Mr. Zsasz, or change a gimmicky villain enough to make him a little realistic.

I vote for The Film Freak. Now just how DEEP and META would that be.

I think the name doesn't really matter. Nolan's doing, and he's not jumping on the #D bandwagon. I won't expect it to be as good as TDK, but I think it'll probably still be pretty good.

Oburi

All praise Grail
You know Dark Knight Rising could be referring to Two-Face. I know Griff dosn't want to hear this but Nolan said when The Dark Knight came out it was applied to Harvey Dent as much as it was to Bruce Wayne. Dent goes from being the White Knight to the Dark Knight.

So basically I think Dark Knight Rising is just more evidence that Two-Face will return.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oburi said:
You know Dark Knight Rising could be referring to Two-Face. I know Griff dosn't want to hear this but Nolan said when The Dark Knight came out it was applied to Harvey Dent as much as it was to Bruce Wayne. Dent goes from being the White Knight to the Dark Knight.

So basically I think Dark Knight Rising is just more evidence that Two-Face will return.

It's not a compliment to you that I can't tell if this is serious or a seriously good troll. =)

In any case, I'm actually glad you bring this up, since you ignored this the first time, I'm going to post it again in its entirety:

Oburi said:
That was the start of his character, the beginning. How Dent became Twoface. Mark my words, he'll be back.

Sounds like a complete arc for Harvey Dent to me, especially the death part. Oh lord, it's all coming back to me though! :ganishka:

Let's put this puppy to sleep once and for all:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEdOlkeloZqggi said:
"He's dead," Eckhart said before the question was even finished. Eckhart also mentioned that he asked that very same question to director Christopher Nolan while filming The Dark Knight.

"I asked Chris if there was a chance of coming back. 'No way,' he said. 'He's toast.'"

I know, it's all an elaborate ruse to fool us, like killing the character off, on screen, in the first place. :schierke:

It's like we're so used to bullshit at this point we just expect it like it's normal and acceptable. Actually, a more recent Eckhart interview suggests that very notion:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0998600/ said:
Aaron Eckhart has launched a new bid to convince director Christopher Nolan to revive Batman comic book character Two-face for the sequel to The Dark Knight.

The actor, who portrayed Harvey Dent and his alter ego Two-Face, saw his character appear to be killed off in the 2008 blockbuster, and assumed he would not be a part of any future movie installments.

But Eckhart is now appealing to Nolan to consider bringing Two-Face back from the dead - mimicking a popular technique used on dramatic TV soap operas.

He says, "I think I've talked myself out of the job. I thought I'd died. But you know, America's grown up on soap operas and reinventing people so why doesn't Chris take that into consideration (when he's writing the script)?"

Wow, is that a serious recommendation for the story, or a serious condemnation of the audience? And rightly so it appears, even I'll admit it seems more likely to me now than then, but rather than perspective gained, I chalk it up to the passage of time actually making me forget how silly the idea was in the first place, relative to the quality of work in the film (like everyone else, I'm just used to bullshit too =). So, please, since all indications are that Nolan had and has no intention of going the "soap opera" route, until we hear otherwise, or at least something changes, let's stop the insanity (or should I say, "inanity?").

Death May Die said:
Be nice to see the scarecrow consistency intact...minute cameo and all! :azan:

I could take him or leave him, it wasn't really necessary in TDK, though I thought it was a strange callback and a decent allusion to Batman doing a routine bust on a second-tier, not-quite-super villain. To really be consistent, Batman should dig up and apprehend the corpse of Harvey Dent at the beginning of the next movie. It could happen! :carcus:

So, are we settled on Two-Face and Ra's al Ghul as the most likely villains in Batman 3!? :troll:

Anyway, believe what you want, anything could happen, just don't act like there's any more to it than that.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Haha, I read all that stuff before, doesn't convince me. That's exactly what I'd expect them to say.

Anyway, believe what you want, anything could happen, just don't act like there's any more to it than that.

On that I agree, and I don't care enough about it to try to look deeper (or as you say, there is nothing more to look into) and I don't want to come across as one of those die hard fans that talk about it all the time (hell I didn't even really care for the Dark Knight), it was just my initial reaction despite what Eckhart says or what he said Nolan said. I'm really not the one who should be arguing for this but its just my gut feeling, and believe me when it comes to movies, I will happily admit defeat if I'm wrong and we can all have laugh and I'll get a new custom title out of it and everybody wins :serpico:.

EDIT- Well, looks like I won't have to wait for the movie to get that custom title after all. YOU SEE THAT GUYS! NO MORE TWILIGHT JOKES, IT"S OVER!!!

(super secret ulterior motive complete, it was all .... "part of the plan")

X

Xem

I've given up on debating with people who think Two-Face is alive, they obviously don't care about the facts.

Anyway, it's good to hear The Riddler isn't the new main villian, I'm really hoping to see one that hasn't been used already in previous movies. Also, almost no chance for Johnny Depp!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oburi said:
Haha, I read all that stuff before, doesn't convince me.

Then why believe anything you read about it from Nolan? He's telling the truth about everything but Two Face? You're being pretty selective in setting his supposed agenda to perfectly fit yours. You might as well say that the movie is also going to be in 3D and star the Riddler.

And really!? You mean this was real:
Oburi said:
Getting the title wrong, saying it was "more evidence" when there's no evidence, and it's in fact all to the contrary, plus making me sound like I'm the one in some kind of stubborn denial in the previous sentence!!! :mozgus:

Oburi said:
That's exactly what I'd expect them to say.

You're literally talking like a crazy person now. =)

Speaking of expectations though, why do you expect something so lame of Nolan? This isn't Hideo Kojima we're talking about here. It's an odd idea in itself that Nolan would resort to such clever subterfuge just to ironically do something really... stupid.

its just my gut feeling

I actually had this turn out for me recently, same scenario too, but, unlike here, there were signs to go on that made it kind of pathetically obvious. Hint: See name above.

Oburi said:
EDIT- Well, looks like I won't have to wait for the movie to get that custom title after all.

Something I want to clarify to everybody; when you get a custom title, I didn't give it you, YOU gave it to you. :griffnotevil:

Talia Al Gul, probable. Nolan did say that he intended to end the franchise in 3 movies, and he'd thought of it that way right from the start. He can also leave the end open with Damien Wayne coming into the picture with that probable story-line. I dunno, there's a lot to think of when you consider Talia, but Nolan's not going to waste his time giving a background for the character.

EDIT:

Just watched this new trailer for Anthony Hopkins' new movie called The Rite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMB06SAWJ0

Oburi

All praise Grail
IncantatioN said:
Just watched this new trailer for Anthony Hopkins' new movie called The Rite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMB06SAWJ0

More exorcism stuff huh.

I don't really give a :puck:

Top Bottom