Movies to look forward to

Anchorman 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elczv0ghqw0&feature=player_embedded

The Spectacular Now has a trailer out and I wish I didn't watch it cos it gave away everything, still I'll go check it out. It's by the same guys who wrote 500 Days Of Summer.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Maybe it's just do to the parts they decided to put in the trailer, but that was really unfunny.

NightCrawler said:
This will never live up to the original. Underwhelming trailer.

Did you actually enjoy the first one Nightcrawler?

Anchorman RULES.

Oburi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWcqJKY7tc

I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and say this looks fucking awesome as well. At first I wasn't too interested but (and maybe it's also because this summer has a lot of shitty blockbusters) I've warmed up to this. The more I read about it the more I want to see it. It's got a great cast too. Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Ron Perlman AND Charlie Day! erm... i mean Charlie Hunnam.

You know it's good when ...

tumblr_mpeecs4anR1qciivgo1_1280.jpg

:schierke:

Don't know about you guys but I thought Hansel & Gretel was pretty decent or fun to be exact. This trailer kinda reminds me of that ... Seventh Son has a decent cast (Julianne Moore, Jeff Bridges), story looks predictable but if it's fleshed out well, who knows ... could be fun. The trailer gives out a lot but you can stop mid-way ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XQt6lYJHIOA

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
What's so different from any generic fantasy movie trailer?

Cool action in what looks to be a decent albeit predictable story. Just that. It's not about being unique or innovative.

What other recent fantasy movie matches it?

Johnstantine said:
Also, it has Jeff Bridges.

That may have played a role in getting me enthusiastic as well. :iva:

Fingers crossed guys!

Here's another one that came out hours ago - Out Of The Furnace - same director who did Crazy Heart (with all the Bridges talk haha, coincidence) starring Bale, Casey Afflect, Woody Harrelson, Zoe Saldana, Dafoe, Whitaker, Sam Shepard ... looks like Fight Club with ambiance and possibly Oscar written over it. Trailer's too long and gives away too much - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0qH34cbRE

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
Fingers crossed guys!

Here's another one trailer that came out hours ago - Out Of The Furnace - same director who did Crazy Heart (with all the Bridges talk haha, coincidence) starring Bale, Casey Afflect, Woody Harrelson, Zoe Saldana, Dafoe, Whitaker, Sam Shepard ... looks like Fight Club with ambiance and possibly Oscar written over it. Trailer's too long and gives away too much - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0qH34cbRE

That looks really good. Too bad they give so much away. Sort of like Elysium =(

I saw yesterday Pacific Rim (IMAX 3D) and it was phenomenal. I had insane expectations for this movie since i really dig robotto anime, mechanical design before being a cinevore.
And i was completely blown away. Even with some minor issues, this is a passionate and entertaining love letter to kaiju and robotto anime genre which contains comprehensive interpretations and personal, modern view on the iconic and essential elements of those genres.

Before anything, entertaining from start to finish.

Personally, i really enjoyed the depth of field, all the details, attention to details, the cleverness of the 3D effect. I never enjoy as much a film in this format.

There's strong sense of scale, love, care and knowledge in this project. Many influences like Tetsujin 28, Patlabor, (the EVA comparison is completly irrelevant), the Hokusai's wave, Goya's painting, Lovecraft and more. Kurosawa is my favrite director and the rain, the water have a symbolic and essential role in every of his features. I was really please to see how thoses elements were set during PacRim. Also, the ending credit is one of the most slick and beautiful i have seen in years.

Unfortunatly i don't have time to elaborate too much but i encourage you guys to go see this.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dofp1.jpg
dofp2.jpg

Also, much better execution of a similar poster concept than... these. =) Especially McKellen/Fassbender Magneto.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm optimistic. First Class was fun, and Days of Future Past was one of my favorite stories from childhood. Nostalgia alone will carry me through! :iva:

Deci

Griffith said:

That picture is pretty cool. As much as I'd love for X-Men to be, well honestly anywhere but FOX, but ideally back with Marvel, I have to admit I'm looking forward to the Sentinels... finally!

This is more a Movie to ???, but the Man of Steel sequel is going to be Superman vs. Batman, apparently.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
I'm optimistic. First Class was fun, and Days of Future Past was one of my favorite stories from childhood. Nostalgia alone will carry me through! :iva:

Agreed, though it's a double-edged sword. I'm not expecting greatness or anything, but I am expecting quality consistent with the other Singer produced movies.

Deci said:
That picture is pretty cool. As much as I'd love for X-Men to be, well honestly anywhere but FOX, but ideally back with Marvel, I have to admit I'm looking forward to the Sentinels... finally!

If you like that, you're gonna love this:

xmen_days_of_future_past_sentinels-propaganda-poster1-610x904.jpg
xmen_days_of_future_past_sentinels-propaganda-poster2-610x904.jpg

Deci said:
This is more a Movie to ???, but the Man of Steel sequel is going to be Superman vs. Batman, apparently.

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNNpydUfduo#t=32s[/url]

Copy/paste that link for the full gamut of fan reactions. Naturally, I'm in the latter category. =)

I'm almost scared to see Snyder's vision of Batman, though if he can pull off something like this...

1340419863_9208_full.jpeg

...we might have something, actually. At least visually.

Deci

Griffith said:
Agreed, though it's a double-edged sword. I'm not expecting greatness or anything, but I am expecting quality consistent with the other Singer produced movies.

If you like that, you're gonna love this:

Yes and yep, I'm a sucker for propaganda posters to start off. Sentinel propaganda is sure buy for me, regardless if the movie is complete crap. =D

Top Bottom