Movies to look forward to

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
cryo said:
Femto on IMDB's first page, omg :femto:

http://s10.postimg.org/4br1on9c9/uuu.jpg

It really does look like Femto, to the point I checked imdb to make sure the "eye" wasn't shopped. Sadly, it doesn't look anything like Robo Cop.

Walter said:
Yeah, but their mouths... I recently revisited some of the Age of Apocalypse stuff just to see how it held up. Not well, my friend... Not well. Scenario? Awesome. Writing? Fucking abysmal. The character designs are still neat in general, but everything else is pretty terrible.

I remember it mostly for the toys:

504629340_d69366f5d8.jpg

IncantatioN said:
The Raid 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObJKvZRlSSY

The Raid was fantastic, I hope the sequel holds up. I'm definitely looking forward to watching it.

IncantatioN said:
Disney's Frozen by the same guys who did Tangled - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzfXQSPBOg

I watched a trailer once and it failed to catch my attention. Since then my interest on this movie really sank, though I think I will still see it at some point.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
It really does look like Femto, to the point I checked imdb to make sure the "eye" wasn't shopped. Sadly, it doesn't look anything like Robo Cop.

I remember it mostly for the toys:

504629340_d69366f5d8.jpg

Man, I remember going bonkers for that Apocalypse figure.

You could take his hands off, man!

IncantatioN said:
Although Ten is still in production, how can you not watch it after seeing this!?!

Image - http://www.movpins.com/big/MV5BMTY2NjE5NzAwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTEyNjU2OA/still-of-arnold-schwarzenegger-in-sabotage.jpg

BADASS haha! BUT ...

Now in production, David Ayer's action drama Ten (formerly Breacher) features a cast that includes Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington, Terrence Howard, Dawn Olivieri, Joe Manganiello, Malin Akerman, Olivia Williams, Mireille Enos, Josh Holloway and Harold Perrineau. Today, Schwarzenegger tweeted the first image from the set, revealing the look of his character.

The film follows an elite DEA task force that deals with the world's deadliest drug cartels. Specializing in complex mobile operations, the team executes a tactical raid on a cartel safe house. What looks to be a typical raid turns out to be an elaborate theft operation, pre-planned by the DEA squad. After hiding millions in stolen cash, the team believes their secret is safe – until someone begins assassinating them one by one.

The original screenplay for Ten arrives from Skip Woods (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, A Good Day to Die Hard). Bill Block, Paul Hanson, Joe Roth, Palak Patel and Al Ruddy will serve as producers. Alex Ott of Ayer’s Crave Films is executive producer.

Changed the name of the movie from Ten to Sabotage and the first trailer's up. By the same director for End Of Watch but the writer is eeeehhh. Will still watchitywatchwatch.

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/sabotage-trailer-164021398.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trailer for Aronofsky's Noah came out a few days ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2sGw3w8_HA

It looks like fun.

Deci

I love Aronofsky so I don't care about the trailer really, I'll see it. Loved The Fountain, Black Swan, The Wrestler, etc.

Sorta interesting how The Wolverine just came out, which Aronofsky was on board to direct for a while, right as the trailer for his movie Noah is released. Damnit Aronofsky, I would've loved to have seen his Wolverine. It could've been Marvel's answer to DC's Nolan Batman imho. I've often put Aronofsky and Nolan around the same level of directorial genius.

I dont particularly care that much for his earlier works but what really opened up my eyes for his potential was Black Swan, man that movie was exhausting to watch but boy did it do its job well! So artistic and aesthetically stimulating. But also extremely dramatic (which clearly is supposed to be the point) and that might explain...
Johnstantine said:
pretentious

But yeah I´ll probably watch it just cause of Crow and the over-all setting.

Deci

Walter said:
Sloooooow down, Marvel. Sloooowwwwww down.

Au contraire. I think this is FOX trying to keep up with Marvel. Apocalypse is FOX's answer to Marvel's Thanos imo.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Au contraire. I think this is FOX trying to keep up with Marvel. Apocalypse is FOX's answer to Marvel's Thanos imo.
Ah, right. In the movie realm X-Men is Fox and Avengers is Marvel. So weird they're not under the same roof...

Regardless of conditions, I think it's a tad too early to be green-lighting the next big movie when the new one might flop.

And honestly, I just don't have any faith in a big-screen adaptation of Age of Apocalypse, if that is indeed what this will be.

Deci

Walter said:
Ah, right. In the movie realm X-Men is Fox and Avengers is Marvel. So weird they're not under the same roof...

Regardless of conditions, I think it's a tad too early to be green-lighting the next big movie when the new one might flop.

And honestly, I just don't have any faith in a big-screen adaptation of Age of Apocalypse, if that is indeed what this will be.

No argument here, I sincerely hope it isn't an attempt at an AoA adaptation. The whole premise of the comic book arc is that Xavier was dead before he even created the X-Men. Soooo, yeah. Also I'd like the franchise to return to Marvel before they adapt any more to the big screen, but if they must, I'd really like them to stay far away from my favorite stories. -_-

EDIT: Most likely it is not, somewhere around the Days of Future Past story there's an arc with Apocalypse where he creates his four horsemen (one of the many times), I think that's probably what they'll aim for...

Hoping, anyway.

Jupiter Ascending by the Wachowski duo, sure-watch for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCyL_Pqzu8

Summary - In a universe where humans are near the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, a young destitute human woman is targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe because her very existence threatens to end the Queen's reign.

Johnstantine said:
Bad Words. Directed by and starring Jason Bateman.

I laughed out loud at the trailer.

Looks fun, yeah!

EDIT:

Godzilla 2014 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwsUD7jYCI

Gareth made Monsters few years ago, this looks atmospheric. Bryan Cranston, Juliette Binoche ...

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
Jupiter Ascending by the Wachowski duo, sure-watch for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCyL_Pqzu8

Godzilla 2014 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwsUD7jYCI

I actually had both of these pasted and ready to go and you beat me to posting them first. They're also my two most anticipated trailers of the year.

I cannot wait for either. Godzilla looks fantastic. Jupiter Ascending looks incredible, especially since they're using such sleek sexy designs.

Griffith

Why does Godzilla look fantastic? Aside from the two 'Zilla shots (one of which we already saw in the superior teaser) and Cranston it might as well have been scenes from Battle: Los Angeles. I don't even mean that in a disparaging way, it's just that there's nothing objectively fantastic about it (army men and people running around looking serious/scared). It could be good, it could be mediocre (the trailer sorta was in my opinion), or it could still be a total misfire. Sorry to be a downer, I'm just tired of everything "looking great" when we really just hope so and it's not confirmed DOA by the trailer, "All the actor's are properly framed and well lit and there's no boom mics in the shots! Looks amazing!" =)

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Griffith said:
Why does Godzilla look fantastic? Aside from the two 'Zilla shots (one of which we already saw in the superior teaser) and Cranston it might as well have been scenes from Battle: Los Angeles. I don't even mean that in a disparaging way, it's just that there's nothing objectively fantastic about it (army men and people running around looking serious/scared). It could be good, it could be mediocre (the trailer sorta was in my opinion), or it could still be a total misfire. Sorry to be a downer, I'm just tired of everything "looking great" when we really just hope so and it's not confirmed DOA by the trailer, "All the actor's are properly framed and well lit and there's no boom mics in the shots! Looks amazing!" =)

My thoughts exactly, but i give it to the guy who cut the trailer, it's well done indeed. Basically it stands out because everyone with any taste would be expecting a disaster. Adding the score of 2001 to it and not some shitty Hans Zimmer tune made it more classy.
Still, no matter how polished it is, it still doesn't make a small unit jumping from high altitude any less dumber. Why were they doing that again? And why is it in the poster?

godzilla-poster-teaser-image.jpg

The poster is silly, yes.

Ligeti's score adds to the overall atmosphere in the opening sequence. The director's other movie - Monster was decent, atmospheric in similar vein I suppose. It looks like there'll be an emotional story in the background, so it won't be one-directional. It could suck, yeah (!) but I'm hopeful it's good or decent. We don't know much of the plot or whys or hows yet, so those reasons could either be cool or not. But knowing the director, I think it'll be disappointing for movie goers who want an all out big fun action adventure flick.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:

What about Matrix IV: Space Twilight? Excited yet?

Antonius Block

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.
Johnstantine said:
Godzilla looks fantastic.

Godzilla is just not the same unless there are models and miniatures being crushed by some dude in a rubber suit.

Unfortunately, I have not seen a promo for a film that has got me excited in a long time. I dread the day that Akira finally gets the live-action treatment.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
My thoughts exactly, but i give it to the guy who cut the trailer, it's well done indeed. Basically it stands out because everyone with any taste would be expecting a disaster. Adding the score of 2001 to it and not some shitty Hans Zimmer tune made it more classy.

Yeah, basically the trailer and the footage in it look competent by the standards of a good movie, and while that's good, it's not blowing my skirt up. It didn't really show me anything all that promising. Now, if Cranston was playing Walter White to setup the versus sequel Godzilla vs. Walter White (Tagline: Japan's and America's greatest monsters collide!) then that would be different. Of course, it would turn out Walter engineered Godzilla's creation all along in order to cover up and distract the authorities from his criminal activities.

"Jesse, we've got to use this Godzilla thing, which I swear, I know absolutely nothing about, to cover our tracks!"

"Yo, Mr. White, then right before Godzilla showed up and stepped on Brock... [dramatic pause] WHY WERE YOU GROWIN' ALL THOSE LIZARDS FOR, HUH!?"

"... for, FOR MY FAMILY!!"

NightCrawler said:
Still, no matter how polished it is, it still doesn't make a small unit jumping from high altitude any less dumber. Why were they doing that again? And why is it in the poster?

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/godzilla-poster-teaser-image.jpg

It looks cool and makes Godzilla look cool, bro. Basically, we gotta get all the non-geeks off of Call of Duty 17 Black Ops Ghost Zombies long enough to see the gritty, "realistic" Legendary Pictures/Dark Knight/Man of Steel version of Godzilla. I'm surprised it isn't titled King of the Monsters. I hope we get to spend more time on Godzilla's origin and life as a normal reptile before we explore the psychological trauma that ultimately transforms him into mankind's nemesis.

Aazealh said:
What about Matrix IV: Space Twilight? Excited yet?

I haven't watched the trailer and had to google "Matrix IV" to even get your meaning. =)

Top Bottom