Griffith's body?

puella

Berserk forever
I'd thought there are two parts - one is Griffith, human being who has flesh and blood and the other is Femto, God Hand who is sorta evil spirit. Both are mixed in one body-- that is Griffith reborn, I think.
In short, reborn Griffith is a figure of Femto in human being's world. So this is my conclusion.
if he need to be human being---> Griffith
if to be God Hand---> Femto

But somebody(maybe Olivier, not sure) on BBS said there's no Femto after Griffith'd been reborn. I can't understand it very well.
Then what is reborn Griffith? He has genuine human flesh and blood?
If so, this means Griffith can get old and be killed? ??? and he is not God Hand anymore?
Or he's immortal like Zodd?
anybody knows answer me please~

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I think he can be killed...with a lot of effort, tough.
He is, howeve, Femto alltogheter. I actually belieev that there was never a griffis to start with, but only a person born from the dream of a demon king. He, IMHO, is the new ruiner of the world.
Even Skully says, at the end of volume 21 something of that sort...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Ah *grins* of course there was a Griffith. He just was manipulated by the God Hand from the start. No wonder he had a dream about freedom, about being independent and on top for once.

I don't think that Idea can create things, it was after all created from human feelings. I think it can just manipulate, twist and bend. The God Hand was imho once human beings, and now that Griffith once again wears a cloak of flesh, is is as human as the enxt guy.

Or rather... his body is a bit changed... and he probably has a lot more powers than the average joe, but human. Yes. He has a heartbeat, he can be killed, but so can Zodd after all... just damn hard.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Or rather... his body is a bit changed... and he probably has a lot more powers than the average joe, but human. Yes. He has a heartbeat, he can be killed, but so can Zodd after all... just damn hard.
Are we sure Zodd can be killed?
Hey, check out my other thread in this section, about Zodd.

I really don't know about Griffy having a human counterpart. Isn't the sacrifice the departure from humanity, after all, by letting go of the most precious thing. Even ough, the question of griffy's priorithies arises. Has he ever loved the hawks more than his castle? The sacrifice worked, but has he just sacrificed a thing of lesser importance, to gain power. Then again, he couldn't have know about it before...

puella

Berserk forever
Has he ever loved the hawks more than his castle? The sacrifice worked, but has he just sacrificed a thing of lesser importance, to gain power. Then again, he couldn't have know about it before...

I think Griffith definitely didn't love the hawks than his castle. However the reason his sacrifice- The Hawks- worked is just because his "castle" hadn't yet built up that time. In other words, the hawks(especially Guts) was Griffith's most important sacrifice
before he can come true his dream. that's all.
So he didn't sacrifice a thing of lesser imortant but of the most important to get more power. You mean same thing,too?

Fishbomb

I think we have to realise that Griffith probably was very torn between his goals. He saw the dream as more important than anything else, but slowly, slowly I think that Gatts was becoming more important to him than he wanted to. The hawks were tools, not that he couldn't like them, have fun with them, want to do his best for them, but as he said... they weren't friends. Gatts was the only one that fitted into that slot in his heart. I think that if Griffith had not been half out of his mind from torture, jelaous because of Gatts love for Casca, and feeling betrayed because Gatts simply left, then he might have balked at the sacrifice.

That is the difference between a love/friend and a dream. The friend can disappoint, but the dream never does that. You only dissapoints the dream.

In the end both Gatts and Griffith took the easy way out of their problems. Griffith choose to remain true to his dream and burn away everything else from his heart, Gatts choose to leave, instead of fighting for his independence at Griffith's side.

Two decisions which has haunted them ever since. Leavign ones family. Betraying ones followers. Never knowing if they might have been able to actually become friends in words as well as actions.

*grins* Ah, this is the reason that I love Berserk. Maturity.

Zodd: I think he gained the nickname immortal from humans. I mean a huge 'minotaur' that never is beaten in battle (except Skully), which can regenerate any wound, put arms back on and generally is the baddest fighter around. Of course he is immortal. But really... is he more than any apostle? A tough one admittedly? We don't know yet.

Griffith's body: Well, when Griffith was picked apart by idea (literally) this is my theory what happened. All humans are basically both 'good' and 'evil' (I hate those words). The 'dark' part was formed by idea and Griffith, turning into Femto. The embodiment of Griffith's all negative emotions, jeloausy, hate, ruthless determination. No wonder raping Casca was the first thing he did... revenge against Gatts. The 'light' part, the 'savior' aspect of Griffith, to help people realise themselves, to work for bright dreams, to be free and independant. That one turned into the hawk of light.

Now we have an interesting problem. Is this is something which happens with all God Hands, or is Griffith special? Is this a part of Idea's plans all along, or is it Griffith still fighting for his dream, for his independance. Perhaps that feeling was so strong that it couldn't be crushed by the sacrifice at all. I mean, face it, the sacrifice is supposed to be the most valuable people in the world to you, you are generally expected to feel like a backstabbing shit after it, so most people probably wouldn't have a 'light' side once through with it. Or it would be very weak. But not Griffith. He had always had a way of performing the most horrible acts and still remain true to himself, to his dreams. Hence the hawk of light.

If we go on the idea *heh* that this was NOT planned by Idea, then Femto's decision to let Casca and Gatts escape was perfectly logical. Casca's child. A way back into the flesh. Because powerful or not, both Femto and the Hawk was spiritual enteties, and thus generally powerless. And now Griffith has managed to be reborn into the flesh. But he is still reeling from the consequences, still trying to put himself together again. Two parts. Femto and the Hawk, and not to forget the child. To be flesh again. It must be more than unsettling...

Hehehe I'm rambling again.

puella

Berserk forever
Hehehe I'm rambling again.

no, Fishbomb, you're not rambling. I can pretty much understand what you want to say. and your post is always good. *_*
Well, Guts knew the secret of reborn Griffith? the way griffith reborn ?
I can't find it out for now because my sister'd borrowed vol.11-21 and never get them back to me. :-/
somebody answer me please~

Fishbomb

Nope... I don't think that he did. It just happened, I think that the egg apostle pretty much kept it private *grins*

So come to think of it he must be prettu confused. And have NO idea that it is his and casca's child that is used for the flesh...

puella

Berserk forever
But Caska knows, which isn't helping her sanity(what little is left) any ^_~
I think it's sorta instict or attracted by strong feeling of devilish touch due to her brand.
IMHO, Caska can just recognize two-her demon child, Griffith and horror of the occcultation.

p.s) I didn't know "IMHO" until asked Walter :p

Fishbomb

p.s) I didn't know "IMHO" until asked Walter  :p

Imagine my first time on thenet... overwhelmed by IMHO, LOL, LMAO, ROTFLMAO, *gg* *weg* and so on....

*grins* those were the days... I guess I'm not one for shortening words..

Fishbomb

Ahhhh,..... *grins* hope I don't stick in yout throat *grins*

LMAO: Laughing My Ass Off
ROTFLMAO: Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off

P

paradiselost

...uhm...I feel that remain too much mistery in this point...

:-/

...but I loved your post, Fishbomb!

;)

angelene

( out of the blue)            into the dar k.
fishbomb: I always enjoy your posts ;) ... I actually agree with most of what you say, except for gatts not knowing that demonchild's become flesh&bones of the reborn-griffith... gatts did see the demonchild within the egg-bejelit-apostle-thing while they were, respectively, flashing headlong downwards and hiking up on the tower in Albion... he in fact did recognize the demonchild and afterwards thought (something to the effect of) " what was that?! could it be... what I did glimpse for a moment... was it...? " ... therefore I assume that he does, at least, know that the demonchild may have been somewhat involved in griffith's rebirth. however, I admit that, being gatts not the smartest guy in midland, he may as well being totally missing the point (again) duh. :-X

M

Marcus

This is kinda late but ok! Fishbomb: if you go back to the chapter that Griffith is reborn when Guts if falling down to attack Moz, he sees in the corner of his eye the Egg apostle climbing up the wall with the shining demon baby (now looking like a healthy normal baby) and then he hits Moz. Casca of course knows that the baby is hers and thats why she reachs upwards.. I can't remember more right now about the chapter ^^;;

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
So, we can't see Femto any more?
then God hand have just four finger-members when they show up? ???
Donald hand too has four fingers. Why do you find strange that in Idea? He is less popular than Donald anyway ;D ;D ;D
About the "love" of Griffith for the Hawks reread carefully what he said to Rickert while leaving the hill of swords (after the fight Guts vs Zodd) and think that yourself are Rickert ...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
wow.. you posted the same message 4 times!  :eek:
Truly I thougt it was not posted at all. Strange things are happening on my computer those days. In fact when I launched the first post the classic message that IE give about the page not available when you are not on line appeared. Hey but I was speaking about four fingers and four identical posts appear ? weird and weirder.

puella

Berserk forever
Truly I thougt it was not posted at all. Strange things are happening on my computer those days. In fact when I launched the first post the classic message that IE give about the page not available when you are not on line appeared. Hey but I was speaking about four fingers and four identical posts appear ? weird and weirder.
if so, all you have to do is to remove three of them later....
I mean you can leave one post with "remove" button. ;)

Top Bottom