Staff member
...will come out on the Wii.

mh3.jpg

Saiya, you know what you have to do. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
If this is true I will pick one up this weekend. With this "Wiipo" (Hajime No Ippo), Metroid, and Zelda, its a done deal.

Hehe it's definitely true, Capcom updated their website and even removed the PS3 mention from there (Clicky).

And there's been quite a bit of news in Nintendo's fall conference aside from this:

- Sonic will be in the new Smash Bros, which will be playable online in co-op
- WiiFit is coming out on December 1st for 8800¥ in Japan (for your wife? :guts:)
- Mario Kart Wii is slated for release in early 2008 (bundled with a steering wheel, and the game will feature motorcycles!)
- Nintendo's going to launch a "DS Demo Station" service so that people can download demos of NDS games from their Wii
- Super Mario Stadium Baseball, Time Splitters 4 and Prince of Persia announced/confirmed for the Wii
- Fire Emblem and Card Hero announced on NDS
- Various added functionalities for the Wii's online service, and the first WiiWare games announced: FF:CC "The Young King and the Promised Land" (1500 points), Pokemon Farm (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl spin-off), Doctor Mario, Star Soldier R, Joysound (a karaoke that uses a USB microphone), a new Bomberman, and a game from Namco Bandai called Mojipittan.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Hehe it's definitely true, Capcom updated their website and even removed the PS3 mention from there (Clicky).

And there's been quite a bit of news in Nintendo's fall conference aside from this:

- Sonic will be in the new Smash Bros, which will be playable online in co-op
- WiiFit is coming out on December 1st for 8800¥ in Japan (for your wife? :guts:)
- Mario Kart Wii is slated for release in early 2008 (bundled with a steering wheel, and the game will feature motorcycles!)
- Nintendo's going to launch a "DS Demo Station" service so that people can download demos of NDS games from their Wii
- Super Mario Stadium Baseball, Time Splitters 4 and Prince of Persia announced/confirmed for the Wii
- Fire Emblem and Card Hero announced on NDS
- Various added functionalities for the Wii's online service, and the first WiiWare games announced: FF:CC "The Young King and the Promised Land" (1500 points), Pokemon Farm (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl spin-off), Doctor Mario, Star Soldier R, Joysound (a karaoke that uses a USB microphone), a new Bomberman, and a game from Namco Bandai called Mojipittan.
yea I checked the properties of the screen shot and went to famitsu... this is going to be a HUGE hit to the PS3. The Monster Hunter franchise is/was huge for them, especially for the PSP, which mind you, the Monster Hunter Portable sold the most games for the PSP.

If they ported the other stuff to the DS, it would be awesome!

EDIT: God damn, I was going to edit the wiki for it but someone already beat me to it! I salute you good internet! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
The Monster Hunter franchise is/was huge for them, especially for the PSP, which mind you, the Monster Hunter Portable sold the most games for the PSP.

Well yeah, the MH series basically saved the PSP when nothing was selling on it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
while I'll never understand why MH was so popular I agree this is a huge blow for sony.

Well honestly, while it has its defaults I can see why it was a success. The games are big, pretty and they're basically semi-MMORPGs, so addictive. If you have some friends to play with regularly and if the conditions are good (like, if you live in Japan were the online wasn't completely broken) it must be enjoyable (if that's your kind of game in the first place of course). Add to that the complete lack of competition when the first game came out (since Phantasy Star Online)...

Anyway, if they were to fix the problems that plagued the first games, I think it could be a real hit on the Wii.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I may just be talking out of my ass here, but Nintendo hasn't solidified a very cohesive online market. Not to mention I don't think the Wii as THE system for big, pretty environments. Again, I don't really get the game so I'm sure monster collectors everywhere will be happy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I may just be talking out of my ass here, but Nintendo hasn't solidified a very cohesive online market. Not to mention I don't think the Wii as THE system for big, pretty environments. Again, I don't really get the game so I'm sure monster collectors everywhere will be happy.

Well, their online platform is only timidly starting out but I don't think it'll be a problem by the time the game comes out. It already works fine and EA had no problem making their own thing without even involving Nintendo's architecture. It was the same for the NDS at first, and now a lot of games support online play without a hitch (and a lot of people play online too). In any case it's never going to be as bad as it was before on PS2 and PSP. As for the environments, you have a point. The prettiness wasn't a small factor in the series' success, so I'm sure some of the fans are disappointed that it's not developed on a graphics powerhouse. However, the Wii's still better than the PSP or PS2 in that department, and without the need for extensive development on the new graphics engine it'll probably come out at least a year earlier than it would have otherwise.

I like the series myself, though I've never really played the games extensively, so I hope it will be good. It's nice to see Capcom putting some weight behind the Wii.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
This along with a generally good 3rd party lineup (Tatsunoko v capcom, Mad World, Fragile, etc) is actually making me want to pick one of these up. I'm really worried they're gonna make you use the remote for the attacks though. I pretty much can't stand the remote in anything except straight up rail-shooters, and with the attacks previously mapped to the joystick it seems like an obvious yet disasterously bad choice.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
This along with a generally good 3rd party lineup (Tatsunoko v capcom, Mad World, Fragile, etc) is actually making me want to pick one of these up. I'm really worried they're gonna make you use the remote for the attacks though. I pretty much can't stand the remote in anything except straight up rail-shooters, and with the attacks previously mapped to the joystick it seems like an obvious yet disasterously bad choice.

From what I've read the controls are great and feel really natural. Basically, you use the buttons but the inclination of the Wiimote triggers the angle of your attacks. If it's straight-up you attack vertically, if it's tilted to the right you slash horizontally, etc. And as a bonus, you unsheath your weapon by shaking the remote like in Twilight Princess, which IS quite badass if you ask me. The guy's review was ecstatic so I'm not worried at all.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
From what I've read the controls are great and feel really natural. Basically, you use the buttons but the inclination of the Wiimote triggers the angle of your attacks. If it's straight-up you attack vertically, if it's tilted to the right you slash horizontally, etc. And as a bonus, you unsheath your weapon by shaking the remote like in Twilight Princess, which IS quite badass if you ask me. The guy's review was ecstatic so I'm not worried at all.
With this and the increased sales of Xbox-360's in Japan, things are not looking so great for the Playstation 3.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
That's good to know Aaz, since the gameplay is already purposefully cumbersome. Saw a demo of how the controls worked on gametrailers.com, and it seems like the camera will be mapped to the wiimote d-pad, which will make things much easier too, especially since you use it to adjust your facing while swimming. Seems there's also some sort of monster identification system, I saw the guy using the wiimote to point at a monster and drag the info into a book. Any worries I had have been pretty much done away with.

for anyone curious (in japanese but easy to figure out): http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41424.html
and: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41426.html

Top Bottom