Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Torture Appeal

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/09/cia.rendition/
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/washington/09cnd-scotus.html?ref=world

Good to know that our government is doing whatever it can to keep Democracy and justice safe, just as they do with their "black sites", just as they did with COINTELPRO, just as they did in Iran in 1953 when they ousted the popularly elected prime minister who wanted to nationalize the oil industry and gave the king a secret police force to crush any resistance, just as they did when they supported Saddam through Kurdish genocide, just as they do in Guantanamo. I would make a complete list but then I'd be making an encyclopedia series.

"Extraordinary Rendition" is a disgusting euphemism. Why not just call it kidnap, export, and torture?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Why should the Overseers of the American Supreme Imperial Court care what some Nazi says? They had only genocided 10 million people until we took over the worldwide operation in '45! Slackers.

Yes it's wrong. There have been more than a few incidents when such groups have poorly treated foreign prisoners captured, an Australian in particular who was a detainee in Guantanamo Bay for I believe over 5 years when there was no real legal authority for the Americans to hold him in the first place.
They can go to extremes with little regard for the legal consequences they usually don't have to deal with, unfortunately. Of course, when it is the other way around, that's when a certain country becomes as indignant as anything. Hypocritical, immoral and sanctimonious, but nothing new.

BTW, nice Griff.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
Of course, when it is the other way around, that's when a certain country becomes as indignant as anything. Hypocritical, immoral and sanctimonious, but nothing new.

Indeed, since that's how every country acts according to their own interests, and rightly so. That doesn't concern me, but I have to agree the sanctimonious bullshit that goes with it is annoying, whether it's the US spewing it, or all the other hypocrites of the World. =)

Sparnage said:
BTW, nice Griff.

Also nothing new. :badbone:

Top Bottom