Episode 291

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Looks like Griff's still next to the Pope Pontiff-mobile, possibly still en-route to Wyndham?

Yup, seems about right. I wonder what dream the title is referring to.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
To stem the inevitable question: The episode is not due out this week. It's scheduled to arrive Nov. 9. We just happened to get an extra-early preview this time around.

Aazealh said:
I wonder what dream the title is referring to.
My guess, based on the phrasing, is its something Sonia may have said to Griff. Possibly this:

"You'll get a hideous scar on your lovely face from a bearded man in his death throes."

":griff:"

A Hideous Scar, eh. Can't say it's not deserved, but I don't want anything to happen to that pretty face either. I'm torn.

The artwork is getting more and more stunning, it wont be long before we are looking at black and white picture instead of drawing :ganishka:

Walter said:
To stem the inevitable question: The episode is not due out this week. It's scheduled to arrive Nov. 9. We just happened to get an extra-early preview this time around.
aww, i honestly thought it was this week. Was eagerly awaiting my Berserk fix.Thanks for the image Walter. Griffith looks awesome and calm as usual.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
My guess, based on the phrasing, is its something Sonia may have said to Griff.

Yeah, it coming from Sonia seems to be the most logical assumption. Otherwise it could only be a result of Griffith's power, and I wonder who would be having the dream then. In any case I think it'll be very interesting. I'm curious about how far in the future we'll see... The battle against Ganishka? Griffith's coronation? His rule? His demise? :griff:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Cool preview, can't wait 'til next week.

Aazealh said:
I'm curious about how far in the future we'll see... The battle against Ganishka? Griffith's coronation? His rule? His demise? :griff:

Something involving Guts, maybe?

Miura's artwork is absolutely incredible. Griffith looks so beautiful in this preview.

Walter said:
"You'll get a hideous scar on your lovely face from a bearded man in his death throes."

I hope it's not that enigmatic. :ganishka:

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Aazealh said:
Yeah, it coming from Sonia seems to be the most logical assumption. Otherwise it could only be a result of Griffith's power, and I wonder who would be having the dream then. In any case I think it'll be very interesting. I'm curious about how far in the future we'll see... The battle against Ganishka? Griffith's coronation? His rule? His demise? :griff:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Especially with the preview focusing on a close up Griffith. This could be the first indication of Griffith's facade being realized. He may be wearing those heavenly white wings now, but we all know it'll be on wings of deepest black that he'll show his true nature.(Sorry, I've been wanting to use that ever since playing FFXII :().

But in all seriousness, It's making me anxious for this episode, we all know Ganishka's cooked, so the most logical assumption as aaz pointed out would be that the foretelling dream would take place sometime in the aftermath of Ganishka's defeat, either revealing the citizens being forced with the reality of Griffith's rule, or his fall. I doubt it'll have anything to do with Guts unless it's the latter, which he'll most certainly play a big part in.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
If it's Sonia that's having the dream, she may get a glimpse of how dark Griffith's rule will be. Her infatuation and admiration of him may change a bit once she sees what he really is. :griff:

dwarfkicker said:
Fingers crossed that the next break Miura takes is after the conflict with Ganishka is put to rest.

One can only hope. :guts:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Gorgeous preview, I never tire of how subtly Miura can show hints of an individuals dubious intentions with the simplest thing. Looks to me like he was getting a really good line through when he was channeling Gustav Dore for this preview too.

The eyes! HE HAD SUCH TERRIBLE EYES!

Moving along, I'm guessing like anyone the "dream" is a foreshadowing of Griffith's coronation, I can't tell (my foresight has been blocked by one page! MADDENING) if its mentioning Sonia or Griffith. Maybe now the stack of bodies is now right at the dream window to his castle homestead, filled up now with the Hawks post-sacrifice yet missing "two" steps?

Nah, doubtful on that note...But I'm interested none the less.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Nice preview. Beautifull as always! Thx Walter

nothing to add for me everything is pretty much said so far so i'll hop along the waiting boat for the new release :guts:

story.jpg

My Nipples! They huuuuurt when I twist them! HOOOOH, YEA.

or his fall.

Meow that's taking it a little far...

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
OH I so wanna see his face pounded in! Especially while he makes some sort of grandiose speech >_<. I wanna watch him trip and fall down some stairs too!

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:

I might be making myself a candidate for the dunce cap; But didn't the Pontiff himself have a dream or vision earlier? I was also under the impression that Sonia seems to give her visions as Prophecy, rather then saying: "I have a dream . . ." Although that might not be relevant to the title.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Something involving Guts, maybe?

Indeed, why not. Something dark and dangerous rising beyond the seas! :beast:

Forest Wraith said:
I might be making myself a candidate for the dunce cap; But didn't the Pontiff himself have a dream or vision earlier?

Yes, he did. The Hawk of Light appeared to him in a dream, which is why I said "Otherwise it could only be a result of Griffith's power, and I wonder who would be having the dream then."

Forest Wraith said:
I was also under the impression that Sonia seems to give her visions as Prophecy, rather then saying: "I have a dream . . ." Although that might not be relevant to the title.

Well it's not like she usually gets her visions from dreams anyway, as far as we know (the inner mechanisms of her power still being completely unknown to us). But in this specific case, she could have a precognitive dream, it'd fit her abilities.

Top Bottom