What if Guts would cut off his brand?

puella

Berserk forever
Suppose Guts has GodHand's brand on other parts of body like leg or arms... not on the neck.
If so, judging from his temperament we've known, he might cut off that brand.
then can the brand disappear at least in appearance?
Yeah, I know the brand is spiritual entity so it can't be removed by such a physical way as cutting off.
but what I mean is "in appearance".
I think even if Guts cuts off his brand many times, it never disappears.
what do you think?  ::)

*** I think it is very exquisite Miura places brand on Guts' neck
because Guts can't even try removing his brand.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Well, he could always attempt to burn it off with a very hot poker or,better yet,with the flat of a red-hot knife. (very evil)  ;D. I have seen it done (for a tattoo) in a old italian comic book: Kinowa.

I don' t think he would necessarily have to cut his jugular vein (I think that's what you're implying) to remove the mark but that's beside the point. The brand will remain physically and spiritually a part of Guts until something very climactic happens. This falls into the same category as Guts regaining his right eye; it's just not possible unless it relates to a significant change in the story. ;)

puella

Berserk forever
This falls into the same category as Guts regaining his right eye; it's just not possible unless it relates to a significant change in the story.  ;)
emm, is 'Guts regaining his right eyes' ever possible if a significant change in the story happens?
I know what you mean, crazyCelt. but it just causes me to have a question because I've thought it is impossible he can regain his eye no matter what happens. ::)

emm, is 'Guts regaining his right eyes' ever possible if a significant change in the story happens?
I know what you mean, crazyCelt. but it just causes me to have a question because I've thought it is impossible he can regain his eye no matter what happens.
It was in light of the thread "Gatts eye?". :)

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Suppose Guts has GodHand's brand on other parts of body like leg or arms... not on the neck.
If so, judging from his temperament we've known, he might cut off that brand.
then can the brand disappear at least in appearance?
Yeah, I know the brand is spiritual entity so it can't be removed by such a physical way as cutting off.
but what I mean is "in appearance".
I think even if Guts cuts off his brand many times, it never disappears.
what do you think?  ::)

*** I think it is very exquisite Miura places brand on Guts' neck
because Guts can't even try removing his brand.

He needs the brand to continue his journey. It's like his "spider sense". It is usefull. As for removing it... It's a non issue. Too much thought being put into the brand.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
I know what you mean, crazyCelt. but it just causes me to have a question because I've thought it is impossible he can regain his eye no matter what happens. ::)

Hey Girffith was reborn...Anything is possible in this world of Berserk!

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
..yeah there are obviously certain ways to get rid of the f brand...
but no matter what guts would try, it would be useless cause" The brand will remain physically and spiritually a part of Guts until something very climactic happens. "(crazycelt)
So i think the the brand itself is just a visualization of the fate guts has to bear.

puella

Berserk forever
Emm, everybody(including me) has the same opinion.
God damn brand never disappear as long as there's no climatic
occurrence. So it's useless to try removing the brand.
but you know people do useless things sometimes whether they do know how useless it is or not.

then, what about dead body with the brand?
I mean if the brand is cut off from the dead person branded, is it possible that brand is gone?
We saw the many dead people branded in the manga.
As long as their body exists in the world even in the form of mere skeleton, the brand still remains,I think.
but somebody tries to remove it in a physical way, what will happen?

All I say is endless ::)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As long as their body exists in the world even in the form of mere skeleton, the brand still remains,I think.
but somebody tries to remove it in a physical way, what will happen?

All I say is endless  ::)
I really dont understand why you dont understand this... In the above quote you provide PROOF that the brand cant be removed, and yet you STILL question how can it be removed...

Puella...what dont you get?

puella

Berserk forever
I really dont understand why you dont understand this... In the above quote you provide PROOF that the brand cant be removed, and yet you STILL question how can it be removed...

Puella...what dont you get?
haha~ I mean  what "removing brand from dead body" is like in the above. I said brand still remains with dead body but didn't mention what will happen IN APPEARANCE if it is tried removing in a physical way.
because I can't imagine and be sure the brand is made again even on the dead body. that's all. pheww~
and I think it could be the right answer "Practicality doesn't exist in the manga" you said.
butttttttt just wondering.....
So don't let my question bother you. 8)

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Well well.....I guess well never know until someone gets branded in a more 'convenient' spot on thier body :D

Hell, the one time we all COULD have found this out was during the eclipse. Namely....Judeau and Pippen. If only they survived...but thats another argument alltogether.

puella

Berserk forever
Well well.....I guess well never know until someone gets branded in a more 'convenient' spot on thier body  :D

Hell, the one time we all COULD have found this out was during the eclipse. Namely....Judeau and Pippen. If only they survived...but thats another argument alltogether.
good point.
Basically "Godhand's brand" can be said for the dead people, not for the live because all people are dead, killed or eaten soon after got branded. Guts and Caska are only exceptions.
that's why I try to find out exceptional occurrence of Brand Rule and we've concluded "Climatic happenings" is the very exceptional situation .

So I turn my question into the dead who got branded.
In short, I want to know "Basic Rule of Brand"
Well, I think the brand is a mark of "your spirit and body are mine forever". but what is "forever?"
Methinks, the brand on dead body is nothing more than a physical scar because 'A dead body' is meaningless in the present world, no more.
So it can be removed from the corpse('visible' mark removed) but spirits of the dead should be Godhand's forever because spirits are LIVE forever.
That's also why we call "the branded" "being dead spiritually"
Thus 'forever' represents we(Godhand) only got the live, not the dead. In other words, Godhand can possess the branded's body just in case they are live like Guts and Caska.
and this fits into the conception Godhand's spiritual entity.

In a word, the visible(physical) brand can be removed if the host body is dead but the invisible(spiritual) brand remains forever whether die or not.
Is my thought 'inane'? ::) ::) ::)

roberto999

Do you remember what Puck said when the snail count was about to be absorbed in the vortex of souls:" Also Gutts has the brand. This means... oh no!".The Brand has the same meaning of a blood signature on a pact with the devil.IT IS A PACT WITH THE DEVIL.Only someone else subscribes it for you. Those branded belongs at the spirits FOREVER in this and in the other live. So is simply ridicolous to hope for a happy end  as long as Gutts and Caska are branded. For them hell is here, now, on the earth and it will be also for theirs souls someplace else when they will die. Where do you think went the souls of the massacred hawks?

puella

Berserk forever
Where do you think went the souls of the massacred hawks?
their souls belong to Godhand forever, I think.
Roberto, what I said is based on removing brand physically and physical belongings.
We all know what destiny of the branded is supposed to.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So is simply ridicolous to hope for a happy end  as long as Gutts and Caska are branded. For them hell is here, now, on the earth and it will be also for theirs souls someplace else when they will die.
Dont assume we know everything yet....
Where do you think went the souls of the massacred hawks?
Charleston State Fair

roberto999

Fair can be hell yes.  ;D  What i wanted to point out is that the brand is only the physical manifestation of the pact. It is the pact that had be broken and that only he that had stipulated it can do

puella

Berserk forever
Oh, too bad only an assumption can be allowed!
I need a real trial!
If only I got the branded body....and....at night....hhhhhh

Grim_Swordsman

Super Berserker
Maybe....

but the brand can become a nusiance. Just look how casca's bled when she got near Griffith. If Gatts would ever fight Griffith he'll have two things to worry about.

Griffith and that unbearable pain in the neck...

HEY! I MADE A FUNNY!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ;) ;D

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Maybe....

but the brand can become a nusiance. Just look how casca's bled when she got near Griffith. If Gatts would ever fight Griffith he'll have two things to worry about.

Griffith and that unbearable pain in the neck...

HEY! I MADE A FUNNY!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!  ;) ;D

;)

Top Bottom