All part of THE scenario

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
So, I'm back.
Yes, I know you missed me, it's ok to cry from joy, but let's get down to business. Seeing the evergrowing lack of interesting topics, I wanna sacrifice myself and start one (actually, I re watched berserk for the XXX time, and I gotta act while it's fresh).

WHY ARE GATTS AND CASKA THE ONLY SURVIVORS?
They could have been easily killed if Phemt or any other GH wanted to do so, right? And pelase, let's not start the "Scully the saviour" debate. He had little impact on what happened. Why would Phemt rape Caska if he was planning to kill her afterwards? He just got horny at birth? No, he needed a vessel to carry himself onto the "real world". That explains Caska. How bout Gatts. Why did Phemt force Gattsu to watch all that? He didn't really care much about him, now that he is Demon King incarnate, which he states in many occasions. So, my conclusion is, all part of THE scenario. Who's scenario? Well, Ikari Gendo's of course :D
Kiddin. Anyway, I suspect Idea or any other entity acting behind the eclipse stuff. Question is, what is Gatts role? What is he to do, that's so important for Idea? Griffith is also a pawn it seems. Now, I am aware of the current idea on the board that Griffith will somehow "screw up" Idea's plans and blah blah, but it seems distant to me as I consider that maybe even gatts is part of that plan. Great, that leaves us back where we started...at nothing. :p

BUT, it does leave room for speculation, doesn't it?
And Griffith having "cried his last tear" I think is pretty much a goner, and all it leaves is Phemt, acting like Griffith...

Now it's your turn! ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I personally still dont think you can write skully out of the equasion. He warned Guts about the eclipse. Skully didnt approach Pippin, Judeau, or Corkas, only Guts.
"Only the one with a broken sword in his hand can...[survive]" For a long time I had the theory that Guts was completely out of fate's book, as he has escaped death several times in the past, most noticeably at the eclipse. But Skully's intervention in volume 9 refutes the majority of that theory. Skully knew about Guts, and I really doubt hes been watching from the shadows of trees all his life. No, the more feasible theory is that Skully is in some way, shape or form still tied to the flow of Causality. That is to say, he knows a bit about the master plan of things.

Now those who are following this speculation have to come to an opinion choice:
a) does skully help Guts to go along with causality or
b) does skully help Guts to further his own plan, which may ultimately be to destroy causality.

Also, just an idea (excuse the pun) that's been floating around in my head. Several of us, myself included always talk of Idea being destroyed in the only feasible conclusion to the series. Since Idea is the "idea of evil", I rather think that a safe speculation for conclusion would be for idea to be "changed". Of cource, this has been proposed in the past several times, but Ill take it a bit deeper.

Void's speech in volume 12 mentions (from the top of my head) "to reach that castle in the sky, man must embrace sorcery". Perhaps Idea existed independantly of God Hand before Gaiseric's time. Perhaps all that needs to happen for a "happy ending" is for the tie of sorcery to be severed. Interestingly enough, this almost ties into the "leaked conclusion" that was spread by supposedly a close associate of Miura several years ago. I think that before we count this "leaked conclusion" out, we need to consider its impact and its "fit" in the series

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I personally still dont think you can write skully out of the equasion. He warned Guts about the eclipse. Skully didnt approach Pippin, Judeau, or Corkas, only Guts.

Indeed, I may have gone too far excluding Skully that much, (probably the anime influence) however, even if Skully has a certain picture of the "masterplan" (which it seems has occured already before), he has little or no influence in it, for if he had I believe he would act accordingly, and not merely having a brawl with Zodd whenever he feels like it.

Also, just an idea (excuse the pun) that's been floating around in my head. Several of us, myself included always talk of Idea being destroyed in the only feasible conclusion to the series. Since Idea is the "idea of evil", I rather think that a safe speculation for conclusion would be for idea to be "changed".

My only problem is that I fail to immagine a world with no opposites. Thus my rejection of Idea as th eonly deity in the series. But if it is indeed the only entity with the power of a god, and it is evil, then surely it cannot be destroyed. In a word: I agree completely.

However things turn out, I believe that what we are now watching is only another cycle of history weaved by Idea. I wish something happens.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
he has little or no influence in it, for if he had I believe he would act accordingly, and not merely having  a brawl with Zodd whenever he feels like it.
He fought Zodd both times because he had no choice. Zodd was the "gatekeeper" at the eclipse, and the second time (165), they were mirroring the events of the eclipse... Skully can only do so much. He has to wait for an eclipse to do anything. He is physical (so far), where the God Hand are ethereal.

My only problem is that I fail to immagine a world with no opposites. Thus my rejection of Idea as th eonly deity in the series.
Well I wouldnt mind this theory if there were any evidence to suggest an alternate "entity". But the facts stand that Miura has a heavy influence from the Hellraiser series, and if youve seen it...you'll know that there are no opposites. There is only Hell. This of cource, is far from concrete evidence to parallel Berserk's universe, but its pretty convincing...
However things turn out, I believe that what we are now watching is only another cycle of history weaved by Idea. I wish something happens.
It will. Miura wouldnt have written the story otherwise :)

puella

Berserk forever
Oh, so good posts 8)
this might be way off what's been talking about., I also have some thought about scenario.
why do you think Guts should go to Elfheim?
Of course, we do know Guts should do that to take his poor insane Caska to the safest place. but is that all?
I've been pondering.
I think the story need sorta time, Guts' holdup, to make Griffith building up his country one by one. Thus we see two guys are working on their own current goal.
In addition, when Guts reaches Elfheim, he'll get a certain kind of power as we predict.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
So, I'm back.
Yes, I know you missed me, it's ok to cry from joy, but let's get down to business. Seeing the evergrowing lack of interesting topics, I wanna sacrifice myself and start one (actually, I re watched berserk for the XXX time, and I gotta act while it's fresh).

WHY ARE GATTS AND CASKA THE ONLY SURVIVORS?
They could have been easily killed if Phemt or any other GH wanted to do so, right? And pelase, let's not start the "Scully the saviour" debate. He had little impact on what happened. Why would Phemt rape Caska if he was planning to kill her afterwards? He just got horny at birth? No, he needed a vessel to carry himself onto the "real world". That explains Caska. How bout Gatts. Why did Phemt force Gattsu to watch all that? He didn't really care much about him, now that he is Demon King incarnate, which he states in many occasions. So, my conclusion is, all part of THE scenario. Who's scenario? Well, Ikari Gendo's of course :D
Kiddin. Anyway, I suspect Idea or any other entity acting behind the eclipse stuff. Question is, what is Gatts role? What is he to do, that's so important for Idea? Griffith is also a pawn it seems. Now, I am aware of the current idea on the board that Griffith will somehow "screw up" Idea's plans and blah blah, but it seems distant to me as I consider that maybe even gatts is part of that plan. Great, that leaves us back where we started...at nothing.  :p

BUT, it does leave room for speculation, doesn't it?
And Griffith having "cried his last tear" I think is pretty much a goner, and all it leaves is Phemt, acting like Griffith...

Now it's your turn! ;)

It's not that different from what I've been saying. Femto was going to kill both Guts and Casca in the end. When SK rescued them you saw the look on Femto's face and Femto even tried to kill them (where by he missed and "crushed" or "imploded" the demons in that area.

As for Griffith ruining Idea's plan.... why?

I've always said that Femto is the enlightened version of Griffith. Nothing holding him back, no doubts or insecurities in is head. He's the complete Griffith... who just happens to be a pawn.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In addition, when Guts reaches Elfheim, he'll get a certain kind of power as we predict.
If you say so... I think Guts is fine as he is. He doesnt need "SUPER SAIYAN ELVEN FIREBALL POWER X2 Super Turbo".

puella

Berserk forever
If you say so... I think Guts is fine as he is. He doesnt need "SUPER SAIYAN ELVEN FIREBALL POWER X2 Super Turbo".
Well, I think some elves do something good for Guts and maybe he can get better elf-medicine. ;)

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
He will most likely get elf medicine as you say. But I think he is definitely going to get information about the God hand, Idea, Skullknight, Zodd and beherits. That is, if Elfheim still exists. I think they will find it in ashes, this would be an interesting plot twist, and no survivors will be found there. Then they may have to go on another journey, which i hope doesn't happen, to a far away place where elves go for refuge.

As far as Gutts getting super powers, this would not be a bad thing in my opinion. Afterall, there are some proofs that say this might have happened to the Skullknight. And we all know that the Skullknight, with all this power, can't kill the God Hand just like that.

puella

Berserk forever
But I think he is definitely going to get information about the God hand, Idea, Skullknight, Zodd and beherits. That is, if Elfheim still exists. I think they will find it in ashes, this would be an interesting plot twist, and no survivors will be found there.
agree
Then they may have to go on another journey, which i hope doesn't happen, to a far away place where elves go for refuge.
good thought, I think Guts may have a big fight against apostles or some evil things who have been threatening peaceful Elfheim.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
agree
good thought, I think Guts may have a big fight against apostles or some evil things who have been threatening peaceful Elfheim.
Oh, poor weak little elves!

then:

1) no monster, spectre or whatever could touch Gutts or
Caska, while in the cave where once elves dwelt
2)Puck himself saved Gutts by singlehandedly
driving away the spectres. True, it was day and
they are weakened, but it was by no means a mere
trifle for 10 cm of elf
3)Puck perceived something elfish about Skully, that is
not a 50 Kilos weakling, by the way

So:

up today we have seen a scale pan. It is high time that we see the other, and that is what, I think. we will see in Elfheim

puella

Berserk forever
1) no monster, spectre or whatever could touch Gutts or
   Caska, while in the cave where once elves  dwelt
hehe~ you're quite right.Evil sprits can't step into Elfheim.
I don't know exactly what will happen in Elfheim but some Elf-apostle :eek: would be interesting, methinks.
However, at this point, I should run like devil. =3 =3
2)Puck himself saved Gutts by singlehandedly
 driving away the spectres. True, it was day and
 they are weakened, but it was by no means a mere  
 trifle for 10 cm of elf
3)Puck perceived something elfish about Skully, that is
  not a 50 Kilos weakling, by the way
INDEED!
I'm so sorry when people don't admit how great Puck is!! :'(
He's 10cm tall Elfish version of Guts. :p

So:

up today we have seen a scale pan. It is high time that we see the other, and that is what, I think. we will see in Elfheim
I couldn't agree with you more. 8)

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I don't know exactly what will happen in Elfheim but some Elf-apostle :eek: would be interesting, methinks.
However, at this point, I should run like devil. =3 =3
INDEED!
I'm so sorry when people don't admit how great Puck is!! :'(
He's 10cm tall Elfish version of Guts. :p

I couldn't agree with you more. 8)

Amazing.

The_Stick

"Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
Skully can only do so much. He has to wait for an eclipse to do anything.

What are you trying to imply? Skully is limited to acting only when an eclipse occurs? And if so, why do you think?

btw, do you think it is very possible that Skully is maybe a former god-hand.....which might explain why he can jump into eclipses, attempt attacks on godhand (when he tried to kill void), and ....well, beat zodd's ass.

He might well have the strength and "powers" of a godhand, do you think not?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What are you trying to imply?  Skully is limited to acting only when an eclipse occurs?  And if so, why do you think?  
If youd read the next line of my post: "He is physical (so far), where the God Hand are ethereal. "
btw, do you think it is very possible that Skully is maybe a former god-hand.....which might explain why he can jump into eclipses, attempt attacks on godhand (when he tried to kill void), and ....well, beat zodd's ass.  
Thats one of my long-standing theories, yeah. I think Skully is the product of:

a) was once a God Hand reborn, now defeated and stripped of "rank" so to speak.

b) certain "elven enhancements" that were necessary after he was defeated.

Its a stretch, but its my theory until its proven wrong.

Actually, it's hard to tell...
Remember Rochine? And where she _lived_?
Perhaps places where Elves lived can only be used to _hide_ when you're branded?...

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
sorry if this sounds somewhat off topic

but if we suppose that the skullknight has been around for at least hundreds of years and that he is a former GH, then one could guess one of the motivations for skullknight's crusade against the god-hand -- by making his soul/spirit/whatnot immortal, he will never be dragged into hell (like other apostles).
i suppose the only possible happy ending for guts and caska is either: Idea is destroyed/changed, or they become immortals of sorts. otherwise no matter how hard they try, they're still going to hell when they die (of old age)

Top Bottom