Dexter Season 2

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't watch it regularly, I've only seen a couple of episodes. It seems interesting, I might check it out more seriously in the future.

Hmmm, all I can say then is it's worth a decent go. I'm enjoying season 2 as much as one, perhaps my favourite series I'm currently following.

Times like this I wish I was into some crap like Heroes, then I'd have heaps to talk about around here. :p

I'm a big fan. I loved season 1, however 2 isn't as good. I also read the first novel, which had a more interesting ending opposed to the series.

TriFrog said:
I'm a big fan. I loved season 1, however 2 isn't as good. I also read the first novel, which had a more interesting ending opposed to the series.

Yeah, to my understanding the creators of the series decided to not follow the novel and go on their own story path for season 2.
Although I can see why fans wouldn't be as interested in Season 2 (the Ice Truck Killer is pretty hard to follow) I'm enjoying the new problems and situations that have come to place since the first ep of the new season.

On top of the police getting closer to finding Dexter out, Doakes finding all of Dexter's blood samples from victims at the very end of Episode 8 is leaving me hanging, only have to wait a few days for the next episode now.

Sparnage said:
Yeah, to my understanding the creators of the series decided to not follow the novel and go on their own story path for season 2.
Yea. I never found the whole ice truck killer difficult to follow though but yes season 2 and novel 2 are very different. The novel has to do with
Dexter marring Rita and teaching her two kids kind of about the Code of Harry, which furthermore develops into Dexter "loosing" his Dark Passenger and trying to find it via some charred headless corpses and a line from the great King Solomon and some occult findings
While in the Showtime series is everything you said. Yea that finding has kept me on edge too, I cant wait to see what happens next myself. I just cant stand that Delila(sp?) girl, I knew that was all trouble from the beginning. I think she's throwing everything aloof but maybe it'll all work out in the end. If poor Dexter keeps running, and having too hide his ass things might get too complicated. I guess thats why I liked the ending of the 1st novel better in the end compaired to the series.

Have you ever watched the Dark Defender either? haha I always laugh when they advertise that in the end, wondering and anyone has actually watched those.

TriFrog said:
Yea. I never found the whole ice truck killer difficult to follow though but yes season 2 and novel 2 are very different. The novel has to do with
Dexter marring Rita and teaching her two kids kind of about the Code of Harry, which furthermore develops into Dexter "loosing" his Dark Passenger and trying to find it via some charred headless corpses and a line from the great King Solomon and some occult findings
While in the Showtime series is everything you said. Yea that finding has kept me on edge too, I cant wait to see what happens next myself. I just cant stand that Delila(sp?) girl, I knew that was all trouble from the beginning. I think she's throwing everything aloof but maybe it'll all work out in the end. If poor Dexter keeps running, and having too hide his ass things might get too complicated. I guess thats why I liked the ending of the 1st novel better in the end compaired to the series.

I have to admit I liked the Lila at first. She seemed messed up in a more appropriate way for someone like Dexter, and understood him better than Rita ever could've. Also, I always though of Rita as weak kind of character, particularly in the first season but it's not so bad now that she has become stronger since Paul's death. Still, she'll never understand him. Still, should get around to reading the books.

And I trust you've seen episode 9 from last week already, each episode manages to keep me more and more hooked.
Doakes finding Dexter out finally while the police think Doakes is the Bay harbour butcher.
I do like Doakes, but of course I'm hoping he goes down hard. Episode 10 should be out very soon, I will have to wait longer than you to see it I imagine. It doesn't actually air in Australia yet so I have to wait until a torrent comes out. Thankfully it's not usually a long wait.

Have you ever watched the Dark Defender either? haha I always laugh when they advertise that in the end, wondering and anyone has actually watched those.

Can't say I have, I thought it was just a corny hero idea made for the series. Going by the name and pictures I'm assuming it's really cheesy.

BTW do you know anything about season 3?

First off, no not that Dexter! =)
But No, season 2 is now over, last Sunday was the season Finale. But there is a season 3 in the works.
Also, I have heard, though I'm not 100% if its true or when its going to happen, but apparently one of the mainstream TV channels wants to air Dexter (censored of course, which will pretty much make Deb dissapear haha) due to the writer's strike.

And I screwed up on the previous post about the novel 2, that was actually novel 3 I described, my bad.
Novel 1, Darkly Dreaming Dexter is similar to the first Dexter season but some key things happened, which didn't happen in the series, some GOOD key things in my thought but w/e. I prefer having
LaGuarda
die instead of
the "Ice truck killer"
Novel 2, Dearly Devoted Dexter is a WHOLE LOT different then season two, also a lot better to me anyways frankly because I hate Lila. What happens in the book is
that Doakes is on Dexter's trail, who's name is actually Albert, not James, but basically a body is found in a house. The body is found without eyelids, lips, ears, limbs, or anything really, its all cut off very neatly, surgically in front of a mirror. The body is still alive; the guy was forced to watch his own dismemberment. Doakes comes in and recognizes the handywork really while everyone else can barley stop from trebling. Then another fellow from Washington is called in; he & Doakes know each other well from when Doakes was in the military. Everything basically spirals together and they end up going after a "Dr. Danco" who's come back to find revenge on all his old friends who betrayed him (doakes and mr Washington - aka Debs fuck buddy #I've lost track). Everything focuses on that really, as well as Dexter getting closer to Cody and seeing Cody's little dark desires come forth which is cute really.
and Novel 3, Dexter in the dark, is the one i mistook for 2 earlier, so thats the plot i discussed earlier.

So far all the Bay Harbor Butcher stuff is just the series. After series one, esp the ending, is where everything splits. Personally I like the books better. Only thing I liked better was the whole scene in season 1 with the room of blood dexter falls into just cause that was really fun.

Top Bottom