Teen arrested for "stealing" mmorpg furniture

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think my headline and the picture in the link really says it all. No real reason to elaborate on this. It's just as ridiculous as it sounds, and it's legit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7094764.stm
A Dutch teenager has been arrested for allegedly stealing virtual furniture from "rooms" in Habbo Hotel, a 3D social networking website.

The 17-year-old is accused of stealing 4,000 euros (£2,840) worth of virtual furniture, bought with real money.

Five 15-year-olds have also been questioned by police, who were contacted by the website's owners.
Man, I never knew I could have been charged for running off with my friends' Animal Crossing furniture back in 2003. Maybe I should keep running. Are they still out to get me...? :???:

Admittedly, this is POTENTIALLY a little more serious, since these kids were "phishing" for passwords. And since real money is apparently spent in droves in "Habbo Hotel," I can see cause for concern among the idiots who actually handed out their passwords... Still, it makes me wonder what else is illegal on the internet.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you've got to wonder why these retards even play Habbo Hotel in the first place. With 4000€ you can actually buy a lot of real furniture... For a real house. To me it's akin to people converting real dollars in virtual MMORPG money; it's pathetic.

BTW guys, starting next week we're changing the avatar system on SK.net: it'll now be a small sprite, male or female, and it starts in undies. Then you can buy him/her some clothes and accessories for cheap prices ranging from $1 to $3!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Yeah, you've got to wonder why these retards even play Habbo Hotel in the first place. With 4000€ you can actually buy a lot of real furniture... For a real house. To me it's akin to people converting real dollars in virtual MMORPG money; it's pathetic.

BTW guys, starting next week we're changing the avatar system on SK.net: it'll now be a small sprite, male or female, and it starts in undies. Then you can buy him/her some clothes and accessories for cheap prices ranging from $1 to $3!

What can 50 bucks get me?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
What can 50 bucks get me?

If you have massive amounts of money to spend, there's a "1 post = $1" exclusive offer starting tomorrow. Always dreamed of having 666,666 posts, but those bastard admins and their tyrannic rules are preventing it? You know what to do.

Top Bottom