It always bothered me to no end!

well ... am i the only one to mention the difference between fighting a war/self defense and sacrificing you friends/allies/comrades to eternal damnation ?

its pretty clear the Griffith is evil, while guts isn't exactly an angels he is ... "gooder" than Griffith, his general aim and methods are good, though his ultimate goal might not be to save the world he just wants to kill Griffith/femto and then i dont think he'll care much about the rest of the world as long as no one crosses his path

as for the symbolism of white and black, iam sure all of you have come across some reference to black being good and white being evil, but the general assumption is that white is good and black is evil, thus the way Griffith is portrayed as the "white" hawk and him being good and all, its just seems that the evil in the berserk series is trying so hard to disguise its self as good and angelic "god hand, apostles,uh that angel guy in vol 23 (not sure about the name or vol number ..)" but usual when they reveal their true form its demonic ans disgusting

P.S: woot, first post, and iam very amused by Aazealh's face palm avatar

HI okran and welcome! I'd like to point out a couple of ironies here if I may:
P.S: woot, first post, and iam very amused by Aazealh's face palm avatar

well ... am i the only one to mention the difference between fighting a war/self defense and sacrificing you friends/allies/comrades to eternal damnation ?

Aazealh said:
Well yes, it's a bit different. Mercenaries fight for a reward, they're not suicidal. Killing them off after they made the extra effort to save him and dooming them to a nightmarish afterlife isn't the same as having them willingly follow him into battle knowing they could die. You can't deny that there's a dishonorable spin to it. And it also isn't like Guts killing the hundred men that attacked him in a fight that was by all means unfair to him (100 vs 1?). That battle fails particularly as an example too, since he was only defending himself in the first place.
Hence the hand/palm thing!

Also this whole black v. white thing, I think Spike Lee put it best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BFZ-SABpOY

vlad said:
HI okran and welcome! I'd like to point out a couple of ironies here if I may

haha irony noted >_>;

my point still stands though.

and about the "blak iz blak", i couldnt make anything of it, because i really cant understand alot of whats being said =\

Edit: ok after trying to listen to that few times i think i figured out what they are saying.

Vlad, your point is "what makes black bad and white good, they are just colors"

that is true, but people have certain set concepts in their minds, black = evil being one of them, it might have originated from darkness/mans fear from what he cannot see/the unknown but it is still a fact; people see black as evil and white as good

okran said:
black = evil being one of them, it might have originated from darkness/mans fear from what he cannot see/the unknown but it is still a fact; people see black as evil and white as good

What about blind people, you can't just leave out a whole demographic. :troll:

Okin said:
Would you be less bothered by a photoshop image of the two characters faces swapped? If that was ever in the actual manga I may just vomit onto my lap. Just imagine putting Griffith's face into every scene of Guts. You'd break into laughter whenever Miura tried to make a serious scene.

Guts: "Casca did you hear a word I said? I'm leaving the Hawks!"

Casca: "Sorry Guts. I was distracted by your flowing hair. You were saying something about campfires right?"

Sorry to break the flow of conversation, but I think that Grail, or anyone in general, should draw that image up for us.

Top Bottom