Episode 292

How come the episode is already here? I thought YA was published on fridays?

Anyway, it was an interesting turn of events. His sudden powerup to try to match a superior enemy bothers me a little, thankfully it's not something he seems to be doing lightly though. Maybe he'll lose more/most of what's left of "himself" in exchange for large amountz of evil powerz just to be able to scratch Griffith's peachy skin.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
eerojv said:
How come the episode is already here? I thought YA was published on fridays?

YA is indeed always published on fridays, except on some special occasions. Now, putting aside the fact episodes have been leaked early countless times before, can you tell me what day it is in Japan right now? :carcus:

eerojv said:
Anyway, it was an interesting turn of events. His sudden powerup to try to match a superior enemy bothers me a little, thankfully it's not something he seems to be doing lightly though. Maybe he'll lose more/most of what's left of "himself" in exchange for large amountz of evil powerz just to be able to scratch Griffith's peachy skin.

Yeah, seeing how panicked Daiba is, I don't think this turn of events is to be taken lightly...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
POW!

Some seriously brutal stuff going on here. Reminds me a little of the "elf attack" the village suffered back in the Lost Children arc. Lotsa skin melting there, but not as bad as this. Not seen an elephant dissolve before. Thank you, Miura, for this groundbreaking entertainment!

As for the upcoming battle, maybe an aerial attack will be in place.. perhaps a certain "Hawk" swooping through the fog to rid the world of the multi-armed evil that might spawn out of Ganishka's quasi "apostolic womb". You'd think the attack was happening tonight by the way the people are indoors. It feels a little premature, but does anyone else have an opinion about the time of D-Day?

P.S. Shall we assume the fog only affects biological beings that can breathe it in? Brick and mortar isn't affected here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Some seriously brutal stuff going on here. Reminds me a little of the "elf attack" the village suffered back in the Lost Children arc. Lotsa skin melting there, but not as bad as this.

Actually it wasn't really skin melting, the bugs just took bites out of animals/people, and since there were so many of them, they devoured everything... I don't know what's more gruesome between that and the fog.

Uriel said:
You'd think the attack was happening tonight by the way the people are indoors. It feels a little premature, but does anyone else have an opinion about the time of D-Day?

I think it's going to be now, yeah. It'll start within the next two episodes IMHO (if there's no cut to Guts' group).

Uriel said:
P.S. Shall we assume the fog only affects biological beings that can breathe it in? Brick and mortar isn't affected here.

Yeah, it doesn't even affect clothes or armor, only living beings.

P

Pencil-smith

Awesome episode, thanks for the scans.

If there are any resistance members still hiding in the sewers or other open areas, they are pretty fooked.
Raban and Foss are probably too important to be killed off screen though.

What's the gist with these two guys anyway?
Can somebody tell me what they were (originally) talking about?
What does one talk about while one's skin melts?

The image of the soldiers trying to outrun the fog (p15) was tragic.

d00d i have no idea whats going on right now Ive been following the EPISODES but i lost it a while back i have to reread everything but it looks great...no question there... :???: :???: :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pencil-Knight said:
If there are any resistance members still hiding in the sewers or other open areas, they are pretty fooked.
Raban and Foss are probably too important to be killed off screen though.
No, they were told by the children to stay indoors during the "false dawn." Miura even threw in a panel of Wyndham inhabitants safely behind closed doors in case we forgot about that part of the last episode. They're safe, for now.

Aazealh said:
YA is indeed always published on fridays, except on some special occasions. Now, putting aside the fact episodes have been leaked early countless times before, can you tell me what day it is in Japan right now? :carcus:
I must have gotten high from the sudden berserk dose, different timezones didn't really occur to me at all. Isn't it still a day early though? How do people get a hold of the episodes if not from the magazine? This sounds like an inside job to me. :carcus:

The "daka factory" looks a lot like the idea of evil, especially on page 18. Maybe it's some kind of an imitation of that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
eerojv said:
I must have gotten high from the sudden berserk dose, different timezones didn't really occur to me at all. Isn't it still a day early though? How do people get a hold of the episodes if not from the magazine? This sounds like an inside job to me. :carcus:

Well yeah, it was available on thrusday, which does happen sometimes like I said. I'd tell you more about it but... then I'd have to KILL YOU. :zodd: It's because friday was a national holiday and thus it couldn't come out on that day.

eerojv said:
The "daka factory" looks a lot like the idea of evil, especially on page 18. Maybe it's some kind of an imitation of that.

Yeah it does look like it, and even the last page reminded me of it in a way, however I'm not sure Ganishka really tried to replicate it (I mean, let's not forget what we're talking about here, the Idea of Evil is a God), or even that he knows of it in such details. Man, I really hope we get a little backstory on him, there's still so much we don't know!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Ugh-oh. Griffith better still have that Saiyan Scouter because Ganishika just went into the Chamber of Time to "POWER UP". :troll:

I just cannot wait till all hell breaks loose! Literally!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Something about the way this whole scenario is unfolding seems awfully familiar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtKh7e2ESBc

"The morning comes but it's not a real morning
A huge dark shadow hides the sun"

And Daiba = Kamek. :ganishka: :daiba:

Anyway, awesome turn of events, I can't wait to see Ganishzilla blot out the sun using his self-made Idea machine.

Griffith No More! said:
Anyway, awesome turn of events, I can't wait to see Ganishzilla blot out the sun using his self-made Idea machine.
And Griffith will seek refuge in the shade, naturally. Or maybe Ganishka will reveal a more attractive/transvestite form and give Griffith some type of incentive such as ruling his own kingdom if he only become his sex/butt slave bow to him.

Signs point to no, but oh the potential!

The episode reminded me a slight bit of good ol' Moses' biblical prophecy...thing. And Ganishka towards the end reminded me of Onslaught's last ditch "untouchable" form. THE APOSTLES MUST SACRIFICE THEMSELVES TO GIVE GANISHKA A MATERIAL PRESENCE. Go Zodd Go!

Nah, my only guess will be Ganishka making some reference to Griffith's blade being at an impasse and how its impossible for him to touch him as he makes some gigantic revelation of his true abilities etc. I'm actually hoping for the later, it'd be nice to finally get more info on what it is he's really capable of (Griffith/Femto).

good episode, much more interesting that the last... a bit disappointed that we didn't actually see :ganishka: form though, the manga is moving at a slow pace... Im hoping this time round :ganishka: will offer a little challenge to griffth, although of course it might be possible for him to hurt him, being an astral being.

I really want :miura: to get on with :guts: story and have them arrive at the damn elf isle

Id rate this episode eight prawns out of ten...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, as cool as this episode certainly was, it certainly wasn't more interesting compared the information presented in the last, though I imagine that doesn't matter compared to DEATH FOG and the promise of a giant monster, as for any misguided notions of "the pace", as always...

weekly.jpg

I wouldn't bother pointing this out, but the pace is actually moving so briskly in real time as to make any comments on slowness utterly absurd. In the last three episodes alone there's been several short yet important scenes involving just about every major and periphery character, the last two moving, unexpectedly quickly, towards a major climax, yet I bet most people haven't even noticed this unprecedented happening because they can't even remember two episodes ago.

What's this all mean? Stop judging "pace" based on the release schedule, it's not the same thing.

Thanks for the episode skullknight.net!

I agree that things have been going rather fast in the last 2 episodes: The Midlanders got another prophetic dream about what's exactly happening this episode (Ganishka some sort of power from the astral world via the chained apostles & creating an uber killer fog). Maybe next episode, we'll get to see what's become of him & see the Midlanders fleeing the city before it turns into an all-you-can-kill buffet.

By the way, has it been explained why Ganishka's face is all fucked up/steaming like that in the beginning?

Griffith No More! said:
I forget which post it was, but there was a post where you showed this and referenced the whole "Berserk is too much fantasy!" argument and compared it to what it must have been like when Zodd first showed up. Might have been separate posts, but none the less I acknowledge your ability at dealing which such thoughts from Berserk's "weekly readers" club.

Jhot obs said:
By the way, has it been explained why Ganishka's face is all fucked up/steaming like that in the beginning?
Well worth noting as the injury from Guts/Zodd to his forehead has shown a bit of notice by Ganishka before his battle with Griffith, and coupling that with Griffith's turnabout is kind of a cause of lost control/emphasis on the face, imo?

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Well with it seeming that no matter how this turns out it still ends with Goro- I mean Ganishka getting whacked, I wonder what will happen to all this kooky apostle making tech he's devised? Do you guys think it'll survive Ganishka? Or disappear with him when he's put in the grinder?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
I wonder what will happen to all this kooky apostle making tech he's devised? Do you guys think it'll survive Ganishka? Or disappear with him when he's put in the grinder?

Aazealh said:
Who else is thinking the apostle-blob is going to explode when whatever's inside will emerge? :guts:

What an awesome turn of events. I'm really excited to see what's install for the next episode, yet feel a little betrayed on account of a break taking place before we even get to see him come out of the Apostle womb (excluding a shadow in 291).
Even though Ganishka is obviously more powerful than the average Apostle, it did seem usual to think he had a third form he wasn't showing, particularly when it could've been useful during the battle where Charlotte was rescued. Now we know why.

While I don't think that the deaths of bystanders occurring during Ganishka's transform was an official sacrifice in any way in the sense of the standard reincarnation, it was still no doubt very intentionally symbolic or representing a rebirth ceremony, showing his jump in power and the magnitude of the surrounding effects and whatnot. I'm starting to think Griffith might need to try a bit afterall.

Griffith No More! said:
I wouldn't bother pointing this out, but the pace is actually moving so briskly in real time as to make any comments on slowness utterly absurd. In the last three episodes alone there's been several short yet important scenes involving just about every major and periphery character, the last two moving, unexpectedly quickly, towards a major climax, yet I bet most people haven't even noticed this unprecedented happening because they can't even remember two episodes ago.

Yeah no complaints here, the current structure seems thorough on the main relevant points yet not lingering on any particular characters or outside influences, comparable to the golden age pacing IMHO.

Edit: Also good to see Ganishka's still bitching about his scar hurting, Guts and Zodd so pwned. :guts:

Thanks for the scans. I don't know what people are complaining about when they talk about the pace being too slow; in fact it almost seems as if the pace is going faster than I expected... Despite the preview picture released some time back I didn't think they'd get into the fog right from this episode. That's why until very recently I've held off reading Berserk as it comes out, preferring to wait a long time for episodes to pile up before reading them in one go... The release schedule does very bad things to ones' brains. :( Frankly speaking, I'd actually have liked it to go a leeeetle bit slower but I'd probably get a treatment of flesh-eating smog if I said so...

I have to admit that my favourite panel in the whole episode was the one Pencil-Knight mentioned - well, it just made me grin, black humour and all that...
Guy on the right points towards guy on the left: "! Dude, what's with your face?" and the other guy's all "Eh...?" While they're on the verge of death.

From what I understood Daiba was going on about how this 'womb' thing is a 'reincarnation vessel' that he's spent his life making, a substitute that could even be called a "man-made Behelit"... So if what Ganishka's doing is indeed a Behelit 2nd Pass, I'd love to see what comes out of it in the end.

After reading the episode, I can say: ooo I didn't expect that to happen

Daiba's wind protecting him eh? From the earlier pages it looked like :ganishka: wind power was pretty unstoppable, but then Daiba seems to turn it around or "divert" it pretty easily. Though the transformation isn't complete, I still think Griff won't have any problems.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Even though Ganishka is obviously more powerful than the average Apostle, it did seem usual to think he had a third form he wasn't showing, particularly when it could've been useful during the battle where Charlotte was rescued. Now we know why.

Well I doubt he even considered doing what he's doing now until his recent confrontation with Griffith. By all accounts it seems pretty extreme, even for him. A true "last resort", "mad plan" kind of thing. Besides he wasn't ever in trouble during Charlotte's rescue, rather he was fooled into playing around with the apostles sent against him as a lure, and he couldn't do anything when he realized the princess had been taken away.

becchii said:
The release schedule does very bad things to ones' brains. :( Frankly speaking, I'd actually have liked it to go a leeeetle bit slower but I'd probably get a treatment of flesh-eating smog if I said so...

Faster, slower... I think the only constant here is that people are never going to be satisfied, no matter how it's done.

gh-zodd said:
Daiba's wind protecting him eh? From the earlier pages it looked like :ganishka: wind power was pretty unstoppable, but then Daiba seems to turn it around or "divert" it pretty easily. Though the transformation isn't complete, I still think Griff won't have any problems.

Well it's not really that he has his own "wind" protecting him against another wind, but his limited magical powers allow him to create an invisible flux in the air that can divert the fog and prevent it from touching him. That's also how he can levitate. You bring up a good question though: is the fog even going to remain once Ganishka's transformation is complete? The dream talked about a fake dawn where it'd be safe for citizens to flee the city, and now the apostle-device seems to be swallowing back all the fog to feed Ganishka with the lives it leeched. In light of that, it's likely that the fake dawn is going to be now. And we can't know yet, but it might not be re-released after that; maybe Ganishka will not use fog anymore, who knows.

Lazy Miura didn't want to draw any more soldiers so he killed them! :troll:

Well, a few more episodes, and we'll see what is His Highness Griffith, King of Midland, going to do now that he has his goddamn kingdom. Well, probably we won't see it right away. But some foreshadowing would be nice, before shifting back to Guts.

Top Bottom