Episode 292

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I guess we're skipping over Ganishka's apostle form to whatever he's going to achieve due to the reincarnation machine. Daiba states that Ganishka's very body is made up of the fog, but the general opinion here is that's not his apostle form, but an ability he had before being reborn. I'm really hoping we get some back story on the Emperor of Terror, to see what his life was like before using a beherit. I wonder if he was the Kushan Emperor before he became an apostle, or if he started building the empire afterwards.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I guess we're skipping over Ganishka's apostle form to whatever he's going to achieve due to the reincarnation machine. Daiba states that Ganishka's very body is made up of the fog, but the general opinion here is that's not his apostle form, but an ability he had before being reborn.

Yeah, if he had an apostle form we've lost the chance to see it now, or at least to see what it was before the upgrade. However I think the "general opinion" like you say is more that his fog is magical in nature as opposed to simply being his apostle form, as several things have hinted so far. Whether he acquired at least some of those magical abilities prior to becoming an apostle or not is impossible to tell IMHO (I'm sure that becoming an apostle would have dramatically increased his aptitude though).

Concerning Daiba's comment, it could be that Ganishka's body actually dissolved once in the apostle-cauldron, leaving him with a practically pure astral form. Another possibility that I'd thought about before is that the fog could have been his real form from the first time, his human form being something he had to materialize willingly. That could explain why when Griffith showed up he could coerce him into transforming into fog, how he managed to transform instantly when Irvine shot him in Wyndham, or why he was literally fuming at the beginning of this episode. Could be the result of experiments he had conducted on himself over the years in order to augment his power, maybe that even cost him his actual apostle form (heavy speculation here). However a few things make me think this isn't the case, for example the fact he was physically seated in his room with a giant scar on his face after Guts & Zodd dispelled his cloud form, or what happened when the strong wind blew his fog away during the battle of Vritannis.

Just a side note, but I remember that in the last episode thread, becchii was wondering why Griffith had bothered sending a dream to tell the people in Wyndham to shut themselves in, then to flee the city, etc. Of course now we know what danger they were facing, but I think this also brings the purpose of warning them into a new light. If they hadn't been hiding and had fallen prey to the fog, they would have been more potential power for Ganishka. So not only is he saving their lives and preventing them from seeing what's going to happen in the city, he's also making the incoming fight easier for himself.

Rhombaad said:
I'm really hoping we get some back story on the Emperor of Terror, to see what his life was like before using a beherit. I wonder if he was the Kushan Emperor before he became an apostle, or if he started building the empire afterwards.

Yeah, same here, a backstory would really be appreciated. It'd be interesting to see how the empire was formed, why the Bakiraka fell into disgrace, and why not even some of Rakshas' own backstory if he had met Ganishka before ("who stole my beherit?!").

Anyway, for what it's worth I think he became emperor after acquiring his powers, uniting all the clans together under his banner.

DoM

I'm a llama!
I wonder if the power from the lives sucked by the fog is really significant. If it is maybe Ganishka would have maybe ordered all his troops to enter the city before he went into the apostle-device, in order to gain enormous power, right?

DoM said:
I wonder if the power from the lives sucked by the fog is really significant. If it is maybe Ganishka would have maybe ordered all his troops to enter the city before he went into the apostle-device, in order to gain enormous power, right?

It's probably safe to assume it was a spur of the moment thing, and he himself didn't know the consequences of what he was to become.

Edit: My apologies, forgot to thank the scanbot.

D

Duststorm

This is rather a surprising turn of events. I like it that :miura: did not do a large apostle vs pishacha battle its been done enough times already.

I hope we see Griffith show some of his powers, do you think that skull knight will make a appearance
in this arc?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thanks for the scans scanbot.

Is Ganishka making the Korgoth?*

*Yes, I'm throwing down the Total Annihilation reference.

So. let me get this straight. There is a time gap, where Ganishka was defeated, and now he's trying desperate measures? Or is he just over reacting before the battle has begun?

The apostle incarnation camber thing is pretty cool. Though, I think that they'll proably only use it this once in the series. It could wield many possibilities in the future. But it does open the ideas to being reincarnated with out using beherits in the future.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DoM said:

It's hard to tell, but that scenario would have been hard to pull off. Aside from what Sparnage pointed out, the regular troops are so numerous (probably to the point that they wouldn't have been able to enter the city due to their numbers anyway) that they could even have been too much for him to absord. Besides, they're still going to be useful to him; I doubt he's planning to kill off all the enemy troops by himself, even with his newfound power.

Duststorm said:
This is rather a surprising turn of events. I like it that :miura: did not do a large apostle vs pishacha battle its been done enough times already.

Well, it's only been done once, in Wyndham (volume 27). In Vritannis we didn't really see them fight.

Duststorm said:
I hope we see Griffith show some of his powers, do you think that skull knight will make a appearance in this arc?

SK has already appeared many times in the Millennium Falcon arc. I don't think he's going to appear during this battle though.

Death May Die said:
So. let me get this straight. There is a time gap, where Ganishka was defeated, and now he's trying desperate measures? Or is he just over reacting before the battle has begun?

There was no time-gap, and he's not overreacting (though he's rather frantic), just being realistic.

Death May Die said:
The apostle incarnation camber thing is pretty cool. Though, I think that they'll proably only use it this once in the series.

Nooooo, reaaaaaaally? And I think it'd be more correct to talk about transmutation rather than incarnation, since it's not the same process Femto went through to become a new Griffith at all. It's just what every apostle goes through.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
The apostle incarnation camber thing is pretty cool. Though, I think that they'll proably only use it this once in the series. It could wield many possibilities in the future.
Indeed, the possibilities are endless!

transmo1.gif

transmo2.gif

Later, the Transmogrification box was turned on its side to become a duplicator. Maybe the same could happen with the Apostle Chamber?! :troll:

I seriously LOL-ed at the sight of the mighty TRANSMOGRIFIER, who knows perhaps Ganishka will emerge with a propeller hat on :troll:

Speechless, one of the best in recent time

JK said:
Lazy Miura didn't want to draw any more soldiers so he killed them! :troll:.

Lol, if that is true its may not be a bad thing for us, since he draw finish faster :chomp:

Aazealh said:
He's definitely powering himself up, but apparently there could be more to it than just that.

Since when did the episode show that some super duper monsters (beside power-up Ganishka) is bursting out from the fat blob of apostle meat?

From what i can gather reading the translation we should only be expecting a super powerful Ganishzilla coming out from the chamber, nothing else right?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Lol, if that is true its may not be a bad thing for us, since he draw finish faster

But quality is more important than the time you have to wait for an episode, isn't it? Also, you'll be sad to hear that the actual ~200,000 soldiers that take time to draw aren't dead. Only the city's guards and familiars were killed.

Smith said:
Since when did the episode show that some super duper monsters (beside power-up Ganishka) is bursting out from the fat blob of apostle meat? From what i can gather reading the translation we should only be expecting a super powerful Ganishzilla coming out from the chamber, nothing else right?

It's hard to say because of the way Japanese is constructed (vague terms, no subject, etc.), but there's a notion of plural in Daiba's last line. That means there could be several creatures coming out, which the last page's art more or less corroborates. It's just a possibility that was brought up.

Aazealh said:
It's hard to say because of the way Japanese is constructed (vague terms, no subject, etc), but there's a notion of plural in Daiba's last line. That means there could be several creatures coming out, which the last page's art more or less corroborates. It's just a possibility that was brought up.

But how is that possible? one person going in becoming many creatures coming out?

its connected to "hell"/other layer or whatever you want to call it.
theres gotta be other things lurking around in there besides :idea:

my guess would be that he will bring out a lot of spirits, maybe magic related type monsters given his magical prowess.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
gh-zodd said:
its connected to "hell"/other layer or whatever you want to call it.

The term used is "astral world" in this case, which doesn't necessarily mean it's Hell (Hell referring to the Vortex of Souls specifically). If he went that deep though, even though it probably wouldn't be deep enough to reach the Idea of Evil, it could actually make him very dangerous to Griffith.

Smith said:
But how is that possible? one person going in becoming many creatures coming out?

Can't you read? Who knows what will come out of there, or what the process could be... Use your imagination.

Daiba - It's coming... From the depths of the astral world, an unimaginable, most malevolent something...

While in Japanese there may be enough vagueness to imply plurality, I never took notice of it, and I never thought of that when I translated that line ("an", instead of perhaps "some"). I'll stick with the singular.

I just can't wait to see the actual -form-. Or if there is one. My big speculation is what I mentioned earlier, some transformation that surpasses the physical "realm" (as to what it actually goes into Berserk Universe wise, MY FORTUNE TELLING FAILS ME) or might just simply be (as we've seen) a super power mist/fog that will probably kill relentlessly with no way to physically dissipate/destroy it. Well, except build a fog machine and RAVE! OH YEAH!

Nah, I actually hope its nothing like that. Hopefully Miura spent this whole summer drawing up "GANISHKA, the fucking AWESOME Dude" and Aazealh will have to change his avatar because it looks so cool/menacing/*face palm* ing?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Just reminding you guys that volume 32 is coming out today.

Vol32cover-lowres.jpg

yota821 said:
While in Japanese there may be enough vagueness to imply plurality, I never took notice of it

Yes indeed, there is enough vagueness. That was my point, and not what you took notice of.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
It'll be a while before it makes its way to the Seattle Kinokuniya bookstore, but in a couple weeks I'll start checking. They say it usually takes about 2 months to get to their store after it comes out in Japan, but I've seen 'em get there sooner.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
i picked it up today, does anyone know what its talking about in the back of the manga , wheres there a pic of griffith, one of the cover and another pic thats says SECRETS :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kaji-Ryohji said:
i picked it up today, does anyone know what its talking about in the back of the manga , wheres there a pic of griffith, one of the cover and another pic thats says SECRETS :???:
Could you get a pic of it?

Top Bottom