Does Charlotte have any relevance anymore?

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
We all remember how necessary she was in Griffith's rise to power. Not that he saw her as anything important but as she was a potentially usefull tool. As we all know she is still alive. Will she play any real part in Griffith's rise to power? If she doesn't then what is her role now? Griffith no longer needs to use her for anything as he is more then capable of being King of Midland.

Charlotte I can see following Griffith to the ends of the earth. She will be more then happy to be his show piece. Will she be the weak link in Griffiths reign as king? Is it possible Guts will Kill her to piss Griffith off? Book 18 brought her back to our attention even if it was only for a short while. But what does all this mean? What do you see is her future?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
We all remember how necessary she was in Griffith's rise to power. Not that he saw her as anything important but as she was a potentially usefull tool.
do you think he considered her as just "another tool"? i was wondering about that for a long time? did griffith have some feelings towards her, did maybe even love her?

i don't know about her future role, no idea.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
We all remember how necessary she was in Griffith's rise to power. Not that he saw her as anything important but as she was a potentially usefull tool.
Volume 10, towards the beginning of "Bakiraka (2)" chapter, Griff has a little "talk" with charlotte. It is because of this scene that I really doubt that she had absolutely no impact on Griffiths emotions. I think that he feels things for her that he doesnt even realize yet.

Also, just after she gets hit with the poison needle (a few pages back from the above scene) the look on Griff's face isnt just "oh well, you dumb ho!".

As we all know she is still alive. Will she play any real part in Griffith's rise to power? If she doesn't then what is her role now? Griffith no longer needs to use her for anything as he is more then capable of being King of Midland.
Griffith cant do this by himself. Why did he need Mule then? Personally i believe he needs Mule because he leads an entire section of Midland, through the inheritance of his fathers name. Theres no point in simply conquering a nation with force when you have enough charm to woo them into it. Griff needs Charlotte for that, at least.
Charlotte I can see following Griffith to the ends of the earth. She will be more then happy to be his show piece. Will she be the weak link in Griffiths reign as king? Is it possible Guts will Kill her to piss Griffith off? Book 18 brought her back to our attention even if it was only for a short while. But what does all this mean? What do you see is her future?
You mean book 17? Anyway, I doubt that Guts will kill charlotte to get to Griff...but thats just my opinion. If anything, Charlotte being reintroduced will just open up a possible door to Griffs emotions (at least to the viewer). Plus it gives us a lot of X-factors in the future happenings, such as perhaps Charlotte betraying Griffith in the future (one possible scenario).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well if you think about it, even Raban thought that Griffith being sought out as a criminal was an irrational act of the king. Im sure most of the court think so as well, then again they're not nearly as moral-filled as Raban.

The court thinks only of their own personal gain, and so I guess if Griff either slaughters them (my personal opinion) or cuts a deal with them, all will be well. But really, how much sway would they have in a bargain with Griff anyway? Personally I think theyll fall like dominoes.

Kenoh-Sama

Volume 10, towards the beginning of "Bakiraka (2)" chapter, Griff has a little "talk" with charlotte. It is because of this scene that I really doubt that she had absolutely no impact on Griffiths emotions. I think that he feels things for her that he doesnt even realize yet.

Also, just after she gets hit with the poison needle (a few pages back from the above scene) the look on Griff's face isnt just "oh well, you dumb ho!".

Griffith cant do this by himself. Why did he need Mule then? Personally i believe he needs Mule because he  leads an entire section of Midland, through the inheritance of his fathers name. Theres no point in simply conquering a nation with force when you have enough charm to woo them into it. Griff needs Charlotte for that, at least.
You mean book 17? Anyway, I doubt that Guts will kill charlotte to get to Griff...but thats just my opinion. If anything, Charlotte being reintroduced will just open up a possible door to Griffs emotions (at least to the viewer). Plus it gives us a lot of X-factors in the future happenings, such as perhaps Charlotte betraying Griffith in the future (one possible scenario).

I don't mean intentionaly kill her but the usual "protagonist attacks antagonist, antagonist girlfriend gets in the way and gets killed" scenario. As usual everything is wide open.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I don't mean intentionaly kill her but the usual "protagonist attacks antagonist, antagonist girlfriend gets in the way and gets killed" scenario. As usual everything is wide open.
I can see that scenario, but I think better one would be the protagonist’s girlfriend getting in the way (minus the killing of course =).

-Griffith

Kenoh-Sama

I can see that scenario, but I think better one would be the protagonist’s girlfriend getting in the way (minus the killing of course =).

-Griffith

Oh yeah. That would be a much better scenario.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Griffith no longer needs to use her for anything as he is more then capable of being King of Midland.
He has the might to do it if he wish so, sure, but for some reason of his own, he seems to have choosen the role of the savior hero instead, so we are ,likely, all invited at a marriage of convenience (don't tell Charlotte)

Hmm... griffith's gotten mule on his side now, and with that he's got some sort of prestige factor going with him.

What if he (griff) arranges a marriage between Mule and Charlotte? That wouldn't be a bad thing for either charlotte (marrying a noble-by-birth) or mule (marrying a princess). That would at stabilize the royal dynasty for a while.

And since Griffith's always focused on his dream, he could put a hit out on charlotte/mule, and then ascend to the throne of midland as he's out there wiping kushans about.

Griffith

At this point, Griffith IS Midland, he doesn’t need to do anything political except sit on the throne.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
At this point, Griffith IS Midland, he doesn’t need to do anything political except sit on the throne.

-Griffith
I disagree. Will midland be enough? If he is to follow in Gaiseric's footsteps, then he will need to conquer all other surrounding countries as well. He desires a kingdom, he needs an empire.

Griffith

I disagree. Will midland be enough? If he is to follow in Gaiseric's footsteps, then he will need to conquer all other surrounding countries as well. He desires a kingdom, he needs an empire.
I don't see what that has to do with what I said, let alone how it conflicts with it? That’s practically my point, it’s ridiculous to discuss Griffith’s return to Midland as if he was reborn into the same situation he was in over three years ago; he’s not some charismatic kid who’s challenging the status quo anymore, he’s fucking God on earth, and is recognized as so. That doesn’t’ even matter either, in indistinct terms, he’s recovering a conquered nation with an army superior to any other in the world. He doesn’t need Mule, he doesn’t need Charlotte, he doesn’t need the blessing of any Midland royals; they’re simply part of the ousted regime. He chooses to except and adopt them because it suits his fancy, that’s what I meant when I said Griffith IS Midland.

-Griffith

P.S. This reminds me of the days when we wondered if, “Maybe Griffith is going to cut a deal with the Kushans?”

Well, he’s certainly done a lot of cutting (cheap puns, the highest form of humor known to man =).

Kenoh-Sama

I don't see what that has to do with what I said, let alone how it conflicts with it? That’s practically my point, it’s ridiculous to discuss Griffith’s return to Midland as if he was reborn into the same situation he was in over three years ago; he’s not some charismatic kid who’s challenging the status quo anymore, he’s fucking God on earth, and is recognized as so. That doesn’t’ even matter either, in indistinct terms, he’s recovering a conquered nation with an army superior to any other in the world. He doesn’t need Mule, he doesn’t need Charlotte, he doesn’t need the blessing of any Midland royals; they’re simply part of the ousted regime. He chooses to except and adopt them because it suits his fancy, that’s what I meant when I said Griffith IS Midland.

-Griffith

P.S. This reminds me of the days when we wondered if, “Maybe Griffith is going to cut a deal with the Kushans?”

Well, he’s certainly done a lot of cutting (cheap puns, the highest form of humor known to man =).

That's pretty much how I see it as well. With that kind of army politics are non-existant. Like I said earlier it's all on a "silver platter" for Griffith.

That's pretty much how I see it as well. With that kind of army politics are non-existant. Like I said earlier it's all on a "silver platter" for Griffith.
The problem is that he doesn't seem to want anything on a silver platter. He didn't ask (the) Idea for a kingdom, he asked for wings. This makes me think he might need to "expand" his dream and do something even more ambitious. Once Griffith is officially on his throne I doubt he will be content.

The problem is that he doesn't seem to want anything on a silver platter. He didn't ask (the) Idea for a kingdom, he asked for wings. This makes me think he might need to "expand" his dream and do something even more ambitious. Once Griffith is officially on his throne I doubt he will be content.

Hell I don't think he'll even wait to just get *on* the throne.  I think the 'wings' he asked Idea for was symbolic in nature, as the (former) king of midland said during the torture scene: "The Hawk has fallen, and will never fly again."  With wings, he could 'soar' again.
Besides it would be a terribly lame conversation otherwise:

Grif: "If so...then I want...everything..."
Idea: "..."
Grif: "Hook me up, bitch!"
Idea: "...well, uh...do as you wish...chosen one.  Not that you have much to do anymore..."

I agree with you, CrazyCelt. As he said, he cannot live simply because he was born.  Griffith just knows what he wants and he'll get it.
As far as Charlotte, he prolly just wants some doins, and he can get them from her.  Or perhaps I don't particularly care about her at this point.   ::)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grif: "If so...then I want...everything..."
Idea: "..."
Grif: "Hook me up, bitch!"
Idea: "...well, uh...do as you wish...chosen one.  Not that you have much to do anymore..."
I never thought Id live to see Idea comedy. That fuqing made my day.

Top Bottom