Deus Ex 3

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Azriel said:
http://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6273392/
Game play trailer.

Oh yeah, I saw that recently, looks pretty good I think. Still not a full fledged gameplay demo but it seems promising.

New gameplay trailer focused on the choices you have when it comes to taking lives: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU3RWf_oJpA

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting, but the game's close enough to release that I don't personally want to see any more footage or information.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Thanks for posting, but the game's close enough to release that I don't personally want to see any more footage or information.

Ditto. Man this game better be good!

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Eluvei said:
New gameplay trailer focused on the choices you have when it comes to taking lives: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU3RWf_oJpA

That's cooler than tits, I'm just gonna say that. NO REALLY, that looks really fucking badass. Just wow. It looks so fun. And the voice acting is tremendous. and...I'm just going to go reserve it somewhere.

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Ah good news for me :guts: since my shitty laptop can't handle that kind of game and because I'm saving up for my new computer which i hopefully will get this summer.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Eluvei said:
http://twitter.com/eidosmontreal/status/45163524141498368

August. :azan:

PFFFFFFFFFFFF Thats okay. Seems like a pretty good time to release it actually. Right before the inevitable flood.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Why not have a Deus Ex thread? S'cool.
I'm stuck at 65% on my Steam unlocking right now. Can't wait to jump into the gaaame.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dar Klink said:
Why not have a Deus Ex thread? S'cool.

Why not indeed. :slan:

Dar Klink said:
I'm stuck at 65% on my Steam unlocking right now. Can't wait to jump into the gaaame.

Game's only getting released on Friday here, and I'll be busy Friday night, so that means I'll play it Saturday at the earliest. :sad:

Dar_Klink

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Aazealh said:
Why not indeed. :slan:

Why did I forget this exists?
Game's only getting released on Friday here, and I'll be busy Friday night, so that means I'll play it Saturday at the earliest. :sad:
Ah man, I feel for you. Played for quite a bit, did the first main story part and now I'm up to some side missions, I love walking around Detroit and just finding stuff. Hacking is gonna be my number 1 priority followed by stealth stuff. I hope it doesn't bit me in the ass later in the game when I might need those combat augs.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I'm jealous Link! I'm going to get this for the 360 in a few hours. I called of work sick today so I could:iva: I don't feel completely guilty though, I think I might actually be sick now. It just so happens I was going to call out regardless.

Dar_Klink

What Walter said! Whether you're a fan of the first one or not(WAIT IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THAT GO GET IT ON STEAM RIGHT NOW, SHAME ON YOU) it's pretty damn good. Also, yes, it's a PC game first and foremost, as even the devs have said it's the way to play it and the platform it's meant to be played on. It's also the cheapest way to get it and the best looking. Also, it's optimized extremely well, I'm playing it just fine on my 4 year old laptop with these specs:
3 GB RAM
GeForce 9600M GS
AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2.00 GHz

Oburi

All praise Grail
I'm probably alone in this but after playing it for a straight 4 hours I gotta say I'm not exactly loving it. I'm not hating it either, don't get me wrong but I'm not as engaged as I thought I'd be. The combat is fun (I beat the first real mission without killing anyone) but I already noticed some annoying things that had me stuck. Not exactly glitches but things like backtracking a few feet and having the game auto save so now I'm stuck with enemies at full alert every time I do and re-load.

The story is ok so far, but even after four hours it feels like I made hardly made any progress so maybe I shouldn't judge too quickly. After all, I disliked Mass Effect the first time I played it. So I'll push through, hopefully it gets better.

Dar_Klink

Walter said:
Personally, I'm in love. This is definitely Deus Ex for the modern age.
I'm with you Walter. My only real complaint is the lack of melee weapons, which I guess could be hard to balance and fit into the game's aesthetics... BUT I WANT MY DRAGON TOOTH LASER SWORD and electric prod, which I guess was replaced with the stun gun, which is pretty nice. I've nearly completed the mini quests that you can do after
the Zeke Sanders factory part
, or at least I think so. I only have an objective or so left for Cloak and Dagger, Motherly Ties, and I finished the stuff with
stolen drugs from the lab
. The amount of ways you can do parts of these missions is just pure Deus Ex.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Dar Klink said:
I've nearly completed the mini quests that you can do after
the Zeke Sanders factory part
, or at least I think so. I only have an objective or so left for Cloak and Dagger, Motherly Ties, and I finished the stuff with
stolen drugs from the lab
. The amount of ways you can do parts of these missions is just pure Deus Ex.

You know I found a few more by talking to people on the street. Seems like there is really a lot to do. I didn't even realize how much the game opened up originally.

Top Bottom