Deus Ex 3

Finished the game this week, my impressions are mostly good, and overall Deus EX HR is fantastic and breathtaking, but there were some minor details that I didn't like. Cutscenes for example, they look like shit, I suppose it's because of the x-box360's dvd capacity, but still it's not an excuse, why PS3/PC users have to suffer as well? There was something else but I can't recall it. Also, inventory space.=) It was full the whole time, I saved the best for last, the game ended ammo/weaponry remained unused.T_T It's my curse, happens all the time, Stalker, RE4, etc.

P.S. About, Malik I also thought it was supposed to happen. :sad: I felt even worse when I found her lifeless body in Tong's men hands.
Oh, and too bad PS3 version doesn't show playtime.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
The Missing Link came out today, it's 15 bucks on Steam. I don't know how I feel about paying 15 bucks for an extra 5 hours of gameplay though... I think this picture is relevant.
rh2xbd.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I can understand people's sentiments about having to pay more, but I don't consider DLC to be parts of the original game. I mean, maybe at some point in the design document for the game it was in the script. But most of these DLC portions of games are farmed out to external companies to finish up. And they're usually self-contained stories, so it's not like they're removing a portion of the full game's experience.

I don't think I've ever played a piece of DLC that I thought was on par with the experience of the original game. They're usually just a waste of time, and another opportunity for a developer/publisher to milk a title's success.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
I don't think I've ever played a piece of DLC that I thought was on par with the experience of the original game. They're usually just a waste of time, and another opportunity for a developer/publisher to milk a title's success.

Lair of the Shadow Broker? That WAS the best part of the game.

Anyway, I'll buy it, maybe tonight. I'm only concerned about keeping my upgrades from my game. I heard you have to start over? That would suck.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Lair of the Shadow Broker? That WAS the best part of the game.
That was an exceptional piece of DLC, to be sure. But it's still the exception, not the rule.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Well, the image isn't exactly as relevant for Deus Ex HR as it is for stuff from like Capcom where the DLC is actually on the disc and buying it is just unlocking disc content, and you have to admit, the whole spreading DLC across regions/places to purchase ends up making the game feel a lot more worth it to pirate, considering somebody who pays nothing can get every piece of shitty DLC before others even have access to them. Not that I pirated or would pirate Deus Ex. Although it's not DLC, I considered Morrowind's Expansions to be on par with the original game.

In any case, I'll probably get this when I have the money anyway, I'm hungry for some more Deus Ex after some weeks of not playing, so I guess they picked the perfect time to release it. :iva:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Does anyone know if this dlc has its own set of achievemeants and if so how much?
You're into that kind of stuff? Hm... Well, here's a list of the 10 achievements for the PC edition: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/201280/achievements Be aware that there are some minor spoilers in the description of the achievements, as there usually is.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
You're into that kind of stuff? Hm... Well, here's a list of the 10 achievements for the PC edition: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/201280/achievements Be aware that there are some minor spoilers in the description of the achievements, as there usually is.

Cool thanks! Yea I'm always trying to rack my achievements up. My friends and I have rivalries. I was on top for a long time but my one friend was so determined to beat me that he started playing shit games like Avatar:the Game just for the easy achievements. Even I won't sink that low (I don't have the time :sad:). So now I'm like 1k points behind but I'm catching up quick. :guts:

Are you sure there's an achievement for that? I didn't see one on Steam.

Yea my fault. I assumed it. Guess I don't feel as bad not doing it then :serpico:

. My playthrough was 55.5 hours. That's right, I really checked every corner of the game.[/quote
Wow, I guess so. I really did take it slow and was surprised that I still managed to clock in around 20. I guess if I went back I can see doing things different and on a harder difficulty, adding extra hours. But still ... I can't imagine anything more than 40hrs, never mind 55.5. Did you leave your game on while doing other things or something? That's crazy lol.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Finally bought The Missing Link. I haven't finished it yet, but I played for about four hours! I already got my $s worth as far as I'm concerned. Its very good. I'm actually trying to complete it without using any upgrades, weapons, explosions or kills for the achievmeant. So far so good.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Some kind of announcement happening June 5 for something Deus Ex related called "The Fall." Possibly sequel to Human Revolution? It is, afterall, E3 hype time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vv3_ndmz8U&feature=youtu.be

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Some kind of announcement happening June 5 for something Deus Ex related called "The Fall." Possibly sequel to Human Revolution? It is, afterall, E3 hype time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vv3_ndmz8U&feature=youtu.be

I like that we do videos just to give a title and a date now. :schierke:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, worst possible scenario: a mobile game: http://kotaku.com/the-next-deus-ex-is-a-mobile-first-person-shooter-511421939

Top Bottom