Games for 2008

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Well the remake doesn't HAVE to be on the PS3 I suppose. They could do DS port, like they do with others. I'm just saying I don't think they're done with the FF7 universe, and wouldn't really be surprised in the least should a remake of FF7 be announced.

Oh, of course it doesn't absolutely have to be on PS3, but that's what a lot of PS3 enthusiasts seem to be waiting for. :guts: I also agree that they'll definitely release a port of some sort sooner or later (same for FFVIII and FFIX). However, whether they'll make the effort to remake it or not (and to what extent) remains to be seen.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Speaking with Japan's monthly Dorimaga gaming publication, character designer Tetsuya Nomura said, "It appears that there are often overseas rumors like 'Are you currently developing a VII remake?' My apologies, but we're absolutely not making [such a game]."

But, as usual, all isn't necessarily lost. Yoshinori Kitase, overall director of the FFVII series, followed up with, "However, when we ask the staff who are making FFXIII why they entered the company, there are many people who say, 'I'm an FFVII fan, I also want to do a remake.'" To this, Nomura added, "We of course know ourselves what the fans want so we'd like to continue thinking up a variety of things. As long as there are people who want to make it and people who are waiting for it, we don't want to proclaim 'the end.'"

So it's not in development but they are interested and I think at somewhere down the line it will be remade. It's almost dumb if they don't. I'm not a huge FFvii fan anyways. Like CnC said it was one of the first and best rpg's I played as a kid so it is special, but personally I enjoyed the first 2 suikoden games and chrono trigger more than FFvii. Those would be my favorite rpgs over ffvii.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Yawn.

I enjoyed FFVII, don't get me wrong, but people need to get over it. FFVII remake would bring a lot of people over to PS3 -- and if Sony is actually planning on the long-term, like they say, the remake would come after the FFXIII franchise, like someone else here said.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
if Sony is actually planning on the long-term, like they say, the remake would come after the FFXIII franchise, like someone else here said.

That is, assuming Sony has anything to say in whether or not Square Enix makes a FFVII remake.

The game I am waiting for the most... and it's O SO CLOSE... is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I have restocked on wavebirds too, since my last batch I've had since the Cube came out and they have been thoroughly worn down by all the Smash Melee festivities through the years. I figure, with a whole new generation of Smash coming, (and the fact that Nintendo has discontinued their wavebirds in '07), those wavebirds will come in handy! :daiba:

Other games I'm also excited about:
Burnout Paradise
Soul Calibur 4
Mario Kart
Street Fighter 2 HD
Street Fighter 4
Yakuza 3

I haven't played previous Metal Gear games, but I'll probably pick up the new one when it comes out. Only thing I'm worried about is my lack of knowledge of the story behind it. Ideally, I would like to play the series prior, but I know once Smash comes out I really won't care about anything else!

CnC

Ad Oculos
DirectDK said:
Only thing I'm worried about is my lack of knowledge of the story behind it. Ideally, I would like to play the series prior, but I know once Smash comes out I really won't care about anything else!

Pow:

Uriel said:
Metal Gear Saga 20th Anniversary translated...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/153306.html

Pretty good stuff, but nothing terribly new. Wish I could download it, though...

CnC said:
Hey thanks!!! The video looks pretty awesome! But before I watch the whole thing, though, is this going to spoil the entire series for me? Or will it just give me good background knowledge before playing MGS4 if I never get around to the previous games? Thanks, man!

CnC

Ad Oculos
DirectDK said:
Hey thanks!!! The video looks pretty awesome! But before I watch the whole thing, though, is this going to spoil the entire series for me? Or will it just give me good background knowledge before playing MGS4 if I never get around to the previous games? Thanks, man!

well it does spoil a the twists a bit, yea. However since I gave up finishing it a long time ago I didn't mind.

Uriel

Just saw new LBP footage..

This game is going to be amazing if they get it flawless before release. Anyone fancy making an epic Berserk themed level?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Just saw new LBP footage..

This game is going to be amazing if they get it flawless before release. Anyone fancy making an epic Berserk themed level?
Sorry, what's LBP? I even googled it and came away clueless...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sadly, I'm looking forward to nothing, seriously, I'm not even bitter or skeptical about these games or anything... just numb. :judo:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith No More! said:
Sadly, I'm looking forward to nothing, seriously, I'm not even bitter or skeptical about these games or anything... just numb. :judo:

That sucks. I know how you feel but I havn't felt that way in a while. Not even Devil may Cry 4? Did you see the trailer? I get goosebumps everytime I watch it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Oburi said:
That sucks. I know how you feel but I havn't felt that way in a while. Not even Devil may Cry 4? Did you see the trailer? I get goosebumps everytime I watch it.

Yea I never got why everyone loves that series so much. Sure the gameplay is decent (apparently not so much in 2), but really what else is there?
I played through all of 1 and 3, and I'll likely pick up 4 if the reviews are good. Still not seeing why it's so popular, tho.

Griffith

Oburi said:
Not even Devil may Cry 4? Did you see the trailer? I get goosebumps everytime I watch it.

Take CnC's position minus the will to play through any of them, and you have me. I just don't get it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vader, Yoda and other Star Wars characters are set to be in Soul Calibur IV. Not shitting you. So wtf is this horse shit, Namco...?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

vader_calibur.jpg

PS: Totally psyched.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yea I saw that. My first reaction was similar to yours (wtf???).

Then I remembered I have 0 expectations for what the series should do (just as long as it's a decent fighter), and it never really had much of a "story".
It could bring in characters from pretty much anywhere, as far as I care. However if they brought in Guts it should be in the game that he can't lose... :guts:

So yea, totally psyched!

Griffith

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
Seriously, change the hair and this one could actually be Guts

Wow.. that's uncanny :ganishka:
hadn't seen those before.

Now they have no excuse but to put him in, it's practically just a change of skins

ps, having looked at the screenshots I gotta say: Both Yoda and Darth look incredible. The graphics alone in this game are stunning.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Ever sense I played SC III when I saw Siegfried I always assumed he was a fusion of Guts and Millennium Falcon Armor Griffith.........WTF NAMCO!

Uriel

Aye, it's a little messed up...

Some rumour began that Yoda and Vader will be exclusive to one console. Bets on Yoda going to the green ring and Vader sticking with the black? And Guts will never find a place in SC -- the fans will all choose to be him (except for those who only play it for the boobs). As incredible as this game looks in terms of visuals, I'm still worried it'll be broken like SCIII was. If they go back to SCII and forget about that bloody mini-game arsery, we might be on for an incredible game! Oh yeah, and online.

Oh, and if you stand being on GV for more than 3 minutes, this is good for a laugh.

Griffith No More! said:
Take CnC's position minus the will to play through any of them, and you have me. I just don't get it.

Aye. I'd take a Legacy of Kain game over DMC any day.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Uriel said:

Me too actually. I love the legacy of Kain games so fucking much. One of my favorit series. I don't think the'll be making one of those games in a long time though.

Id like to point out DMC, the original, was basically the template for 3D action games for the last gen. It was the first and best at what it did despite most 3D action games being complete crap. Sure the story was stupid, the characters paper thin and the VA terrible (in a funny way) but its like a kung fu movie. Who plays action games for the story? I play them to kick ass and have fun and that's what DMC nailed.

DMC2 sucked but DMC3 was able to pull the series out of the fire and release as good a game as the original. Im not too hot on DMC4 as it gives me serious vibes of DMC2 with many of the characters we've seen and the focus on two different characters and some very odd choices for the weapons (a brief case that turns into guns). None-the-less Ill definalty give it a chance and am looking foward to it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Some rumour began that Yoda and Vader will be exclusive to one console. Bets on Yoda going to the green ring and Vader sticking with the black?

Actually I heard it was officially confirmed yesterday.

Uriel said:

They're not really the same thing though.

Top Bottom