Games for 2008

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
Who plays action games for the story? I play them to kick ass and have fun and that's what DMC nailed.

If they put a story in it, I prefer it to be a good one. :serpico:

Aazealh said:
Actually I heard it was officially confirmed yesterday.

I thought it was both Yoda and Vader were exclusive to ps3 and 360, not one for each

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aazealh said:
They're not really the same thing though.

Mmm, somewhat true I suppose. LoK:Defiance, the one most fresh in my head, feels much more like a DMC game. Probably not be accident, either. Too bad we'll never see another one from that franchise. Playstation classics with one of the greatest stories I know of (if you can keep track of all the time shifting). Vae Victus!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
resevilcell.jpg
[/center]
I give you, RESIDENT EVIL on the cell phone!

Really a low point for the series....

More pics here: http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3165361

Uriel

Colour me unimpressed.

Just when I needed another reason to be "meh" about the entire, Walter giveth!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
HawaiianStallion said:
Id like to point out DMC, the original, was basically the template for 3D action games for the last gen. It was the first and best at what it did despite most 3D action games being complete crap. Sure the story was stupid, the characters paper thin and the VA terrible

Well, we'll just have to agree to agree here.

CnC said:
I thought it was both Yoda and Vader were exclusive to ps3 and 360, not one for each

That wouldn't be very exclusive then. =)

That Resident Evil is not bad for a cell port, it's just... why? I don't get it, how many people play cell phone games in an actual convenient situation? I feel like if I had it, I'd only play it alone in my room squinting while I might as well be playing another version on a big screen.

Griffith

CnC said:
Isn't there an arcade release, too? I thought that version won't have the star wars guys.
eh, whatever. :schierke:

That was my guess from what you said, but arcades are basically dead aren't they? Though acknowledging this possibility before would have meant ignoring or weakening a tailor made smart ass remark, which I cannot do, it's my upbringing. Anyway, I hope you're right even though I probably won't ever play it, it just seems pretty shitheaded to split them up (I sure wouldn't want to be the guy stuck with the Yoda console =).

CnC

Ad Oculos
The arcades are still big in Japan, I believe.

Griffith No More! said:
Though acknowledging this possibility before would have meant ignoring or weakening a tailor made smart ass remark, which I cannot do, it's my upbringing. Anyway, I hope you're right even though I probably won't ever play it, it just seems pretty shitheaded to split them up (I sure wouldn't want to be the guy stuck with the Yoda console =).

Understand completely :)

And yea, if Vaders on PS3 only, I'm gettin' that one

Uriel

CnC said:
And yea, if Vaders on PS3 only, I'm gettin' that one

I think that'll be the general move for those with both consoles.

Vader doesn't crawl through air conditioning ducts when times are tough.

Griffith

If you've only got one of the two consoles, it's brutal however it shakes out; either you have to pay $600 to get Darth Vader, or worse, you paid $600 and you don't even get Darth Vader for it, yikes!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
or worse, you paid $600 and you don't even get Darth Vader for it, yikes!

I'm biting my nails just thinking about it. Oh god I hope this was worth the investment!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:

I read that Yoda was exclusive to the Xbox 360 and Vader exclusive to the PS3. Like what was done for SCII and the different exclusive character it had on each platform.

Uriel said:
Mmm, somewhat true I suppose. LoK:Defiance, the one most fresh in my head, feels much more like a DMC game. Probably not be accident, either.

Yeah, it's true is closer to it than previous games in the series.

Uriel said:
Too bad we'll never see another one from that franchise. Playstation classics with one of the greatest stories I know of (if you can keep track of all the time shifting). Vae Victus!

Yeah, and it all originated from Silicon Knights! :guts:

PS: It's "Vae Victis".

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I read that Yoda was exclusive to the Xbox 360 and Vader exclusive to the PS3. Like what was done for SCII and the different exclusive character it had on each platform.

Well if that's the case then ps3 it is. :troll:

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Oburi said:
Me too actually. I love the legacy of Kain games so fucking much. One of my favorit series. I don't think the'll be making one of those games in a long time though.

When straight up action is applied and including replay value I think the best action game series is Ninja Gaiden. Not only is the gameplay amazing but theres depth and replay value to the game.

CnC

Ad Oculos
aw, the onion? I was expecting that to be true without question, that they had finally mapped the nintendo fanboy's brain :guts:

The only game I'm REALLY looking forward to this year (so far, anyway) is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Even as a virtual Alex Trebek clone, Solid Snake is still cut-ass RUGGED! <3
Some others: Yakuza 2, Yakuza 3, God of War III (I love you, Kratos), Silent Hill V, and the Final Fantasy IV remake..'course, I'll need a DS for that.

I think I'm in the minority with you guys. After suffering through Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII (XII, mostly), I couldn't give a flying fornication about Final Fantasy XIII's release. Final Fantasy XII REALLY killed the series for me. Though I'm sure I'll probably rent XIII as soon as the title is released.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Madam President said:
I think I'm in the minority with you guys. After suffering through Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII (XII, mostly), I couldn't give a flying fornication about Final Fantasy XIII's release. Final Fantasy XII REALLY killed the series for me. Though I'm sure I'll probably rent XIII as soon as the title is released.

Haha, really? FFXII was the one I enjoyed the most since FFVII. I didn't play through FFX-2, and the only reason I bought XII was because I knew the gameplay had been changed to a more MMOG-styled one. I think doing that was a brilliant idea, and it saved the franchise for me. Plus, it actually legitimize FFXI as a numbered part of the series.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Again?

those were remakes right?

FFIV came out on the GBA, but this one is a 3D remake.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) I love Zombie shooters, and its by Valve? :isidro: :idea:

Super Street Fighter II HD Remix (PS3)

Pirates vs Ninja Dodgeball (Xbox 360)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Omega Tom Hanks said:
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) I love Zombie shooters, and its by Valve? :isidro: :idea:

Late summer, apparently:
http://kotaku.com/344098/left-4-dead-coming-in-late-summer

looks interesting. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IGN appears to have confirmed the console split on Vader (PS3) and Yoda (360). Pretty shitty (stupid) move on their part, I think:

[quote author=IGN]Fans should note that Darth Vader is an exclusive character in the PlayStation 3 build of the game, whereas Yoda will flip into the air and take down enemies exclusively on Xbox 360.[/quote]
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/844/844632p1.html

I know the news is about 4 days old at this point, I just figured some people may want to have seen it in "print."

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
IGN appears to have confirmed the console split on Vader (PS3) and Yoda (360). Pretty shitty (stupid) move on their part, I think:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/844/844632p1.html

Lame! I hope Sony fixes their online by then.

Top Bottom