Author Topic: Games for 2008  (Read 27367 times)

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
Re: Games for 2008
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2008, 11:46:13 AM »
Who plays action games for the story? I play them to kick ass and have fun and that's what DMC nailed.

If they put a story in it, I prefer it to be a good one.  :serpico:

Actually I heard it was officially confirmed yesterday.

I thought it was both Yoda and Vader were exclusive to ps3 and 360, not one for each
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »

They're not really the same thing though.

Mmm, somewhat true I suppose. LoK:Defiance, the one most fresh in my head, feels much more like a DMC game. Probably not be accident, either. Too bad we'll never see another one from that franchise. Playstation classics with one of the greatest stories I know of (if you can keep track of all the time shifting). Vae Victus!

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
[/center]
I give you, RESIDENT EVIL on the cell phone!

Really a low point for the series....

More pics here: http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3165361
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »
Colour me unimpressed.

Just when I needed another reason to be "meh" about the entire, Walter giveth!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2008, 02:16:54 PM »
Id like to point out DMC, the original, was basically the template for 3D action games for the last gen. It was the first and best at what it did despite most 3D action games being complete crap. Sure the story was stupid, the characters paper thin and the VA terrible

Well, we'll just have to agree to agree here.

I thought it was both Yoda and Vader were exclusive to ps3 and 360, not one for each

That wouldn't be very exclusive then. =)

That Resident Evil is not bad for a cell port, it's just... why? I don't get it, how many people play cell phone games in an actual convenient situation? I feel like if I had it, I'd only play it alone in my room squinting while I might as well be playing another version on a big screen.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
That wouldn't be very exclusive then. =)

Isn't there an arcade release, too? I thought that version won't have the star wars guys.
eh, whatever. :schierke:

I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »
Isn't there an arcade release, too? I thought that version won't have the star wars guys.
eh, whatever. :schierke:

That was my guess from what you said, but arcades are basically dead aren't they? Though acknowledging this possibility before would have meant ignoring or weakening a tailor made smart ass remark, which I cannot do, it's my upbringing. Anyway, I hope you're right even though I probably won't ever play it, it just seems pretty shitheaded to split them up (I sure wouldn't want to be the guy stuck with the Yoda console =).

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
The arcades are still big in Japan, I believe.

Though acknowledging this possibility before would have meant ignoring or weakening a tailor made smart ass remark, which I cannot do, it's my upbringing. Anyway, I hope you're right even though I probably won't ever play it, it just seems pretty shitheaded to split them up (I sure wouldn't want to be the guy stuck with the Yoda console =).

Understand completely :)

And yea, if Vaders on PS3 only, I'm gettin' that one
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »

And yea, if Vaders on PS3 only, I'm gettin' that one

I think that'll be the general move for those with both consoles.

Vader doesn't crawl through air conditioning ducts when times are tough.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2008, 04:21:21 PM »
If you've only got one of the two consoles, it's brutal however it shakes out; either you have to pay $600 to get Darth Vader, or worse, you paid $600 and you don't even get Darth Vader for it, yikes!

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »
or worse, you paid $600 and you don't even get Darth Vader for it, yikes!

I'm biting my nails just thinking about it.  Oh god I hope this was worth the investment!
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »

I read that Yoda was exclusive to the Xbox 360 and Vader exclusive to the PS3. Like what was done for SCII and the different exclusive character it had on each platform.

Mmm, somewhat true I suppose. LoK:Defiance, the one most fresh in my head, feels much more like a DMC game. Probably not be accident, either.

Yeah, it's true is closer to it than previous games in the series.

Too bad we'll never see another one from that franchise. Playstation classics with one of the greatest stories I know of (if you can keep track of all the time shifting). Vae Victus!

Yeah, and it all originated from Silicon Knights! :guts:

PS: It's "Vae Victis".

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
I read that Yoda was exclusive to the Xbox 360 and Vader exclusive to the PS3. Like what was done for SCII and the different exclusive character it had on each platform.

Well if that's the case then ps3 it is.    :troll:
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Omega Tom Hanks

• Fanboy
  • Of the Interstice
  • The Raging Demon
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2008, 03:58:06 AM »
Me too actually. I love the legacy of Kain games so fucking much. One of my favorit series. I don't think the'll be making one of those games in a long time though.

When straight up action is applied and including replay value I think the best action game series is Ninja Gaiden. Not only is the gameplay amazing but theres depth and replay value to the game.
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2008, 01:31:57 PM »
aw, the onion?  I was expecting that to be true without question, that they had finally mapped the nintendo fanboy's brain  :guts:
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Madam President

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »
The only game I'm REALLY looking forward to this year (so far, anyway) is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.  Even as a virtual Alex Trebek clone, Solid Snake is still cut-ass RUGGED! <3
Some others: Yakuza 2, Yakuza 3, God of War III (I love you, Kratos), Silent Hill V, and the Final Fantasy IV remake..'course, I'll need a DS for that. 

I think I'm in the minority with you guys.  After suffering through Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII (XII, mostly), I couldn't give a flying fornication about Final Fantasy XIII's release. Final Fantasy XII REALLY killed the series for me. Though I'm sure I'll probably rent XIII as soon as the title is released.

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2008, 02:32:17 PM »
Final Fantasy IV remake..'course, I'll need a DS for that. 

Again?

those were remakes right?

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2008, 03:42:04 PM »
I think I'm in the minority with you guys.  After suffering through Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII (XII, mostly), I couldn't give a flying fornication about Final Fantasy XIII's release. Final Fantasy XII REALLY killed the series for me. Though I'm sure I'll probably rent XIII as soon as the title is released.

Haha, really? FFXII was the one I enjoyed the most since FFVII. I didn't play through FFX-2, and the only reason I bought XII was because I knew the gameplay had been changed to a more MMOG-styled one. I think doing that was a brilliant idea, and it saved the franchise for me. Plus, it actually legitimize FFXI as a numbered part of the series.

Again?

those were remakes right?

FFIV came out on the GBA, but this one is a 3D remake.

Offline Omega Tom Hanks

• Fanboy
  • Of the Interstice
  • The Raging Demon
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2008, 06:22:58 PM »
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) I love Zombie shooters, and its by Valve?  :isidro:  :idea:

Super Street Fighter II HD Remix (PS3)

Pirates vs Ninja Dodgeball (Xbox 360)
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) I love Zombie shooters, and its by Valve?  :isidro:  :idea:

Late summer, apparently:
http://kotaku.com/344098/left-4-dead-coming-in-late-summer

looks interesting. :serpico:
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2008, 08:48:20 AM »
IGN appears to have confirmed the console split on Vader (PS3) and Yoda (360). Pretty shitty (stupid) move on their part, I think:

Quote from: IGN
Fans should note that Darth Vader is an exclusive character in the PlayStation 3 build of the game, whereas Yoda will flip into the air and take down enemies exclusively on Xbox 360.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/844/844632p1.html

I know the news is about 4 days old at this point, I just figured some people may want to have seen it in "print."
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »
IGN appears to have confirmed the console split on Vader (PS3) and Yoda (360). Pretty shitty (stupid) move on their part, I think:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/844/844632p1.html

Lame!  I hope Sony fixes their online by then.
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2008, 06:31:45 PM »
It just reinforces my decision not to buy any of these systems.