Games for 2008

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Walter said:
IGN appears to have confirmed the console split on Vader (PS3) and Yoda (360). Pretty shitty (stupid) move on their part, I think:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/844/844632p1.html

I know the news is about 4 days old at this point, I just figured some people may want to have seen it in "print."

Just glade now I can make a decision on which one I want. Will most likely go with the Sith Lord.

A

avidwriter

Walter said:
IGN appears to have confirmed the console split on Vader (PS3) and Yoda (360). Pretty shitty (stupid) move on their part, I think:

Greed destroys all. I assume they will offer each to both via a paid download. *sigh* This is why I havn't been getting any new consoles.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha that'd be a cool idea, the download option. Anyway, I hear there will be other "surprise" characters in SCIV in addition to these badasses.

God, I hope it's not Anakin... or Captain Kirk...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
avidwriter said:
I assume they will offer each to both via a paid download. *sigh* This is why I havn't been getting any new consoles.

Absolutely no point. What would be the point of offering exclusivity? Besides, maybe 1 out of 50 SCIV players would actually pay extra for Yoda, who is clearly going to be more be linked to the word "broken" than NIN. No, I feel we're only going to be seeing these on their respecitive consoles. As for new characters....

I'll put my vote in for Genjuro Kibagami.

Edit - New trailer, with Vagrant Story sound track.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Uriel said:
Mmm, somewhat true I suppose. LoK:Defiance, the one most fresh in my head, feels much more like a DMC game. Probably not be accident, either. Too bad we'll never see another one from that franchise. Playstation classics with one of the greatest stories I know of (if you can keep track of all the time shifting). Vae Victus!

The Legacy Of Kain games is one of my favorite game series ever, mainly for SR1 and 2 and Defiance. And yes defiance felt very much like a DmC game but that didn't bother me because I love that type of gameplay. Even though LoK is deffinalty the better franchise in my opinion, a new game from either series is great news for me, I just love those types of games. I always felt the two series were somewhat similar anyway which is probably why I'm so excited about DMC4.

However, in 2006, Crystal Dynamics finished development of Tomb Raider: Legend and it is now possible that Crystal Dynamics will make a new game for the series on some or all of the next-generation video game consoles. What some believe to be evidence of this possibility can be found in the game Tomb Raider: Legend in the form of two unlockable extra costumes for Lara Croft: 'Gothic' and 'Gothic, Lace Shirt' variations of Lara's ensemble. In these costumes, Lara bears a neck tattoo of Raziel's clan Glyph, and her belt buckle carries Kain's Glyph. The Soul Reaver sword itself is also an unlockable extra only available upon 100% completion of the game. There are Portraits of Kain in her mansion, which can be found in the "Kain's Tomb" section of Defiance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_Kain#The_Future_of_the_Series

Not really the most promising news, but it is...a hope? a chance?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0D5Ri7IJVJE Man I've been re-watching all the games in preparation and I must say DMC 3 was cool shit. The game plays out like a movie if you put all the cutscenes together. It'd be cool if they included all those scenes from previous games in DMC4, like Crystal did with Defiance.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Walter said:
Hahaha that'd be a cool idea, the download option. Anyway, I hear there will be other "surprise" characters in SCIV in addition to these badasses.

God, I hope it's not Anakin... or Captain Kirk...

How bout Guts? or Ryu Hayabusa?

Though if Guts isnt a guest character(which he probably wont be) with the developers offering more customization options you will most likely be able to make him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Jesus Christ, now I have to buy that system again!
Well, it's likely just going to be a port of the games that have recently come out on PC. Then again, it could be something new.

Omega Tom Hanks said:
How bout Guts? or Ryu Hayabusa?

Though if Guts isnt a guest character(which he probably wont be) with the developers offering more customization options you will most likely be able to make him.
That was pretty much the case already with SC3. Being that Siegfried (as GNM pointed out) is already a FUSION-HA of Guts/Griffith, there's really no need for them to go and get Guts, and after Paris Hilton themed parties featuring Outkast and Star Wars tie-ins, I don't think Namco cares more about its influences /fan options versus how it makes money.
Anyways, SCIV/SSBB/MGS4/DMC4/NMH have my interests. As far as FFs, don't care at all about XIII, but XII remains my favorite thus far.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Griffith No More! said:
Please, just call him Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, the Ninja from Ninja Gaiden, or just plain Ninja Gaiden. =)

Well theres so many Ryu's from games that are popular. Plus Hayabusa is shorter than Ninja Gaiden :troll:

Omega Tom Hanks said:
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) I love Zombie shooters, and its by Valve? :isidro: :idea:

I wouldn't say "Left 4 Dead" is by Valve itself. You were implying that it's made by Valve, right? Well that is just unfair to the people who developed it. I mean, it's a flipping group Valve bought who made the game. An external team. Not Valve. It is Turtle Rock Studios.

I am sure Valve likes the game and provide the team with the assets, financial backing or w/e else Turtle Rock needs now that they belong to the company Valve. So I trust it will be a good game because Valve has good taste IMO.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Well technically when I posted that they were bought by Valve; people, game and all. So technically now Valve made it and when its released on 360 its gonna say Valve. :daiba:

Pssh.. Didn't know whether there is a team/department within Valve called Turtle Rock Studios or if the team's name was absorbed by Valve's.

Observation: You boot up Virtua Fighter, Shenmue w/e made by AM2-Sega. You'll see AM2's logo nice and clear ontop of that bright white background on your t.v. before playing the game.

Wonder if this will be the case with Left 4 Dead. Say it displays Valve's logo, fades out, then fades into Turtle Rock Studio's? I dunno.. w/e T_T. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kaiserschmarrn said:
Wonder if this will be the case with Left 4 Dead. Say it displays Valve's logo, fades out, then fades into Turtle Rock Studio's? I dunno.. w/e T_T. :troll:

I think that's likely.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Lucasarts released a tech video for Star Wars: Force Unleashed:

http://kotaku.com/348915/force-unleashed-tech-continues-to-astound

Gotta say. This kinda stuff makes me pretty stoked to play it :guts:

Uriel

Just finished watching it.

Star Wars Force Unleashed sounds good.. but I know the only fun part will be picking people up and watching them glitch into things. Some of the explosions were unimaginative and low-tech, to be honest. What is the point of a lightsaber if you can just coup de vent things at people -- other than to remind you the shaven-headed, typical Western male character is "on the dark side" of the force?

I want this game to be amazing, but I feel that the ambition and vision of the game will greatly drown out the final product.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Just finished watching it.

Star Wars Force Unleashed sounds good.. but I know the only fun part will be picking people up and watching them glitch into things. Some of the explosions were unimaginative and low-tech, to be honest. What is the point of a lightsaber if you can just coup de vent things at people -- other than to remind you the shaven-headed, typical Western male character is "on the dark side" of the force?

I want this game to be amazing, but I feel that the ambition and vision of the game will greatly drown out the final product.

well not much is known about it, I suppose. But consider me intrigued.

Am I to understand you are opposed to the option to wield a lightsaber?? SACRILEGE!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It looks pretty cool, and I don't care much what side of the force the character is. In fact the dark side is nicer because you get more diverse attacks (lightning!).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Some Resistance 2 screenshots:
http://www.ripten.com/2008/01/25/first-high-res-resistance-2-screenshots/?page=3128&pid=196

Games looking good. I like those walkers in the sunset. I kind of missed the first Resistance but knowing Insomniac's reputation for cranking these games out fast I wouldn't be surprised they could pull off the specs they're promising. Sony needs to get the multiplayer system in place in time for this game or else it'll flounder in that area.

Uriel

The best thing I've seen all week by a clear margin:

20080201xv9.jpg

I hope they release a podcast this week to let us know WHAT THE FUCK was going through their minds -- a little stroke of genius, though.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Devil May Cry comes out today. I'm going to buy it now. I even called out of work hee hee.

Edit: Fuck! Apparently it's coming in till wensday! I'm so fucking stupid I can't believe I wasted a sick day as well as my funeral excuse. Serves me right I guess.

Top Bottom